Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
You Peacocks do know this thread is about the EPA and regulations, right?

Sorry, they overturned Roe and we have all this rage...

Bitterness even.....

Carry on.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Give us a break.

Just because Toot and Lynn aren't here to stick up for you doesn't mean you have to be such a victim.
You are your own victim. I had the fortitude to quit drinking years ago..

Apparently the only thing you didn't quit or get fired from.....
I quit smoking COCK too. Cold turkey 11 years ago.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah right.

You were the coffee bitch for the crew.

#microphonedrop

#🎤🎤

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
How long until the blood flows?

For Blackheart - every 28 days or so. Might be ending soon with "the change" coming on.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Idiot

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by SRPI89
Make no mistake about it. Biden caused this on day one.
Now, we drill “super pads”. An 8 Well pad, in cases, can produce 16,000 BO 80,000 mcf and 24,000 barrels of produced water, or more, a day at flush production (the production goes down hyperbolically from there).
Due to Biden’s initiatives, in order for us to lay a larger line in our existing Right of Way that was approved 15 years ago, I have to have a archeological study, ecological study, and environmental study to submit to the govt (who hates us). There are only a few companies that can do these studies, and they’re backed up for years.

I won't argue one bit that Biden's first day initiatives were the precursor for today's oil issues, but our experience concerning the government's processes differs dramatically.

Those archeological and other environmental studies have been required since way before Biden was in office, and the govt land management agencies don't "hate" you, in a general sense. Just because they have a legal process (which again I don't approve of), doesn't mean they're against Oil and Gas. Maybe NMOCD, but I doubt that too. On Federally managed land, the Onshore Orders have been around for many years and they're being integrated into the CFRs, and necessitate by court decisions a lot of those restrictions that you (and I) despise. Don't shoot the messenger, kind of thing.

As an aside, is an 8 well pad considered huge in the Permian? I know of 60+ gas well pads in Wyoming but have a lot more experience with gas than oil.

Forbes has a recent article on the EPA going after and getting themselves involved in the Texas, New Mexico Permian Basin over ozone issues.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The difference being that the Clean Air Act gives the EPA authority to regulate ozone levels.

This one is tough. Texas needs to threaten secession over this.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Now, we drill “super pads”. An 8 Well pad, in cases, can produce 16,000 BO 80,000 mcf and 24,000 barrels of produced water, or more, a day at flush production (the production goes down hyperbolically from there).
Due to Biden’s initiatives, in order for us to lay a larger line in our existing Right of Way that was approved 15 years ago, I have to have a archeological study, ecological study, and environmental study to submit to the govt (who hates us). There are only a few companies that can do these studies, and they’re backed up for years.

I won't argue one bit that Biden's first day initiatives were the precursor for today's oil issues, but our experience concerning the government's processes differs dramatically.

Those archeological and other environmental studies have been required since way before Biden was in office, and the govt land management agencies don't "hate" you, in a general sense. Just because they have a legal process (which again I don't approve of), doesn't mean they're against Oil and Gas. Maybe NMOCD, but I doubt that too. On Federally managed land, the Onshore Orders have been around for many years and they're being integrated into the CFRs, and necessitate by court decisions a lot of those restrictions that you (and I) despise. Don't shoot the messenger, kind of thing.

As an aside, is an 8 well pad considered huge in the Permian? I know of 60+ gas well pads in Wyoming but have a lot more experience with gas than oil.

Forbes has a recent article on the EPA going after and getting themselves involved in the Texas, New Mexico Permian Basin over ozone issues.

TInman, while the environmental applications and related stuff have been in place, the regulation of them has fallen to a different administration.

Where common sense may have glimmered through in such applications before Biden, they are stonewalled now.

But that's just the logistics end of exploration, production and drilling, as well as transportation (pipelines).

A much broader stonewall has hit the oil and gas industry...

Taxes.

Trump had tax incentives in place to encourage oil and gas production. Investors put money in because even at lower oil prices, a workable and acceptable return on their money attracted investors.

Now, with the tax incentives not only cancelled, but tax burdens increased, investors can easily make higher returns in other market plays. Getting investors into oil and gas now, even with record high oil prices is like pulling hen's teeth.

Even in high production areas in Texas, where federal lands don't figure in, the EPA, interstate pipelines regulated by the DOT, and the Tax Man, exploration and production isn't seeing the growth you'd expect at all. Not even close.

Biden IS responsible. No doubt.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

Yes, 8 wells to a pad is as large as I've seen, guessing it's about 5 acres or so. Never seen or heard of a 60 well pad....must be enormous. Got any pics?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I am glad you can't do that shÄŤt in Montana.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Yes, 8 wells to a pad is as large as I've seen, guessing it's about 5 acres or so. Never seen or heard of a 60 well pad....must be enormous. Got any pics?

No pics but google the Jonah Field. Lots of 20-30 gas well pads and some up to about 60 wells. The multi well pads are roughly 20-25 acres after interim reclamation but the pads with lots of wells may be bigger. Most all are directional and horizontal well bores, obviously spiderwebbing the subsurface. If you’re referring only to vertical wells, 8 is the most I know of on a single pad.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bitter clingers.... that's all wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Houston_2

TInman, while the environmental applications and related stuff have been in place, the regulation of them has fallen to a different administration.

Where common sense may have glimmered through in such applications before Biden, they are stonewalled now.

But that's just the logistics end of exploration, production and drilling, as well as transportation (pipelines).

A much broader stonewall has hit the oil and gas industry...

Taxes.

Trump had tax incentives in place to encourage oil and gas production. Investors put money in because even at lower oil prices, a workable and acceptable return on their money attracted investors.

Now, with the tax incentives not only cancelled, but tax burdens increased, investors can easily make higher returns in other market plays. Getting investors into oil and gas now, even with record high oil prices is like pulling hen's teeth.

Even in high production areas in Texas, where federal lands don't figure in, the EPA, interstate pipelines regulated by the DOT, and the Tax Man, exploration and production isn't seeing the growth you'd expect at all. Not even close.

Biden IS responsible. No doubt.

I am not denying that. You won’t find anyone who despises the current administration more than myself.

I am just stating that the regs concerning pre development environmental reviews have been in place for decades. Archeological surveys, ESA consultations and the like are nothing new. They may be more scrutinized now, but they have been required for decades and the EPA doesn’t get involved until big time disasters occur. Air quality has been the one exception to that.

The government, at least local government workers for the feds and states who process APDs and ROW applications aren’t all “haters” of O&G. I have been in the industry for my entire career and my experience differs from SRPI89’s concerning that.

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (219 Wasp, 1minute, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,027
Posts18,500,540
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.