Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
A few smart ones. smile
"Sometimes I thank God - for unanswered prayers" Truism.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
None worth obsessing over and certainly no regrets.
crazy

Arcus Venator
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Had one named Penny that was a grade school sweetheart.We grew apart through the rest of school but were always friends.I see her once in awhile around town and she's still smoking hot at 60 years old.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
We have been married since '73.

We went out for about 7 years, off and on , sometimes were apart for a year or more.

She almost lost me, a couple times.

When she bought me a Morseth Knife , I was admiring, for a hunting trip to the Yukon Territory, I figured that was a pretty good sign.

I let a few get away.....never bothered me.

Gals started talking marriage... well ,I let 'em get away.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only one who got away, that I really wanted to keep was taken by cancer.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I had many, many that got away. Their escape was made much easier by the fact that they had no idea whatsoever that they were in a relationship with me.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've had two that I wish had gotten away.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
May be I'm working my way towards it now.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I had many, many that got away. Their escape was made much easier by the fact that they had no idea whatsoever that they were in a relationship with me.

laugh

One shot of Scotch and I'm good looking

Two shots, and I'm witty

Third shot, and I become irresistible to women. Not that they don't try...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Yep 1 She was 17 and I was 21. I was kind of a tool at that age. I would take her home and then go to the bar with buddies.
We drifted apart but stayed friends. Then she married an even bigger tool than myself. I got married for the wrong reason.
Neither of our marriages lasted. Her 14 years and mine 12. A couple years post divorce we reconnected. August will be our 10th Anniversary

Long live the NRA
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
What rockinbbar said...

Dedicated Master of the Western Influenced Martial Art known simply as "KLIK PAO" !!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by frogman43
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
First one broke my heart, so I joined the Army and killed a bunch of little people.

That's the most patriotic thing I'm going to read today.

Thanks, Dan.

Indeed! Murica!

Frog----OUT!

No worries, I joined the Peace Corps after mine, so it all balances out, yin and yang and all that.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
“I received a phone call from a gorgeous ex-girlfriend who, this morning, called 'out-of-the-blue' to see if I was still around.

We lost track of time, chatting about the wild, romantic times we used to enjoy together. I couldn't believe it when she asked if I'd be interested in meeting up and rekindling a little of that 'old magic'.

'Wow!' I was flabbergasted. 'I don't know if I could keep pace with you now', I said, 'I'm a bit older and a bit grayer and balder than when you last saw me. Plus I don't really have the energy I used to have.'

She just giggled and said she was sure I would 'rise to the challenge'.

'Yeah,' I said, 'Just so long as you don't mind a waistline that's a few inches wider these days! Not to mention my total lack of muscle tone...everything is sagging, my teeth are a bit yellowed and I am developing jowls like a Great Dane!'

She laughed and told me to stop being so silly. She teased me saying that tubby, gray haired, older men were cute, and she was sure I would still be a great lover. Anyway, she giggled and said, 'I've put on a few pounds myself!'

So I told her to screw off. “ grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
First one broke my heart, so I joined the Army and killed a bunch of little people.

I did the first part, but Richard Nixon started the pullout while I had my alert orders in Ft. Sill. Was trained on another MOS and sent to understrength Germany. Trained for "another" MOS and did two others besides. We only had 95 men in our Company. Took me almost two years to get over the first Love. But been married to my Second for 49yrs! ha Thanks for your Service pard....but I still regret not piling up Communists!

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Nope.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Little Annie Fanny

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by frogman43
Originally Posted by deflave

That's the most patriotic thing I'm going to read today.

Thanks, Dan.

Indeed! Murica!

Frog----OUT!

No worries, I joined the Peace Corps after mine, so it all balances out, yin and yang and all that.
Ya but dans girl didn’t have a nut sack so there is that!
laugh

J/K dude

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Thank God for unanswered prayers!

I had a rebound right after First Lost Love, I "thought" I loved her but she was Bat-drizzle crazy, she later let herself go, was a drunk for years, now she is a recluse living with her mother somewhere in Texas. Dodged that bullet for sure, ha. I realized I never really "loved" but two women in my life, First & Last. ha I'm keeping this one...a "miniature Barbie Doll"...(5'1" to my 6'3")

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by vfrider
Wow, man. F. I dated a girl way out of my league. Solid 9.* depending on what she was wearing or how she had her hair. Guys would start staring from halfway down the block. As crazy as she was hot. Nobody ever treated her like I did, so I became the focal point of all that crazy. For a while it was #doesn'tmatterhad... , until she started striking me. That's when I was out. But me bailing kinda broke her and for a while she was begging me to come back. I'd parade every single terrible thing she'd ever done to me and she just accepted my anger. It was clear I'd gotten her to pull her head out of her rectum for the very first time. We got back together after a couple months and it was beautiful. Everything I'd ever dreamed of in a human relationship. We were full of laughter and joy. We were like elemental forces going from perfect opposition to harmony. Anywhere we went people would ask us how long we'd been married, or when we were going to have kids. We just had that vibe and the world picked up on it. Then, one day, on a trip together, as we were consumed in a lovers' embrace, it struck me. There I was getting everything I ever dreamed of and more with this girl, but it wasn't enough. It didn't make up for all of the bad BS she had put me through. I would never trust her. I would always be aware of the indignities she was capable of inflicting upon me. I dumped her the next day on the drive home and left her at her mother's house, a couple counties away. We've tried reconnecting a few times since and it just never works. She had a disastrous rebound but the very next guy she started seriously dating, got her happily-ever-after and my Jod, does he ever look like a happy summuma with her jn their social media pics. I'm married to a girl who's still way out of my league, and is waaaay less crazy. We've made a beautiful family that brings me more happiness and life satisfaction than I've ever known. We even get told by strangers, with kind of alarming frequency, that we should have more kids because ours are so cute i know they mean well but to us it always reads as "hey you two strangers! You should have more unprotected se-" . . . But there's a raw passion between souls that I had that I know I'll never find again. That girl and I message one another every few years or so. If I ask she'll still tell me that we're soul mates. I'll still tell her that she was the one true love of my life. We both know we'll never be again, and are on our diverging paths, happy. Neither one of us will ever stop wondering "what if?".
Get some help man...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by vfrider
Wow, man. F. I dated a girl way out of my league. Solid 9.* depending on what she was wearing or how she had her hair. Guys would start staring from halfway down the block. As crazy as she was hot. Nobody ever treated her like I did, so I became the focal point of all that crazy. For a while it was #doesn'tmatterhad... , until she started striking me. That's when I was out. But me bailing kinda broke her and for a while she was begging me to come back. I'd parade every single terrible thing she'd ever done to me and she just accepted my anger. It was clear I'd gotten her to pull her head out of her rectum for the very first time. We got back together after a couple months and it was beautiful. Everything I'd ever dreamed of in a human relationship. We were full of laughter and joy. We were like elemental forces going from perfect opposition to harmony. Anywhere we went people would ask us how long we'd been married, or when we were going to have kids. We just had that vibe and the world picked up on it. Then, one day, on a trip together, as we were consumed in a lovers' embrace, it struck me. There I was getting everything I ever dreamed of and more with this girl, but it wasn't enough. It didn't make up for all of the bad BS she had put me through. I would never trust her. I would always be aware of the indignities she was capable of inflicting upon me. I dumped her the next day on the drive home and left her at her mother's house, a couple counties away. We've tried reconnecting a few times since and it just never works. She had a disastrous rebound but the very next guy she started seriously dating, got her happily-ever-after and my Jod, does he ever look like a happy summuma with her jn their social media pics. I'm married to a girl who's still way out of my league, and is waaaay less crazy. We've made a beautiful family that brings me more happiness and life satisfaction than I've ever known. We even get told by strangers, with kind of alarming frequency, that we should have more kids because ours are so cute i know they mean well but to us it always reads as "hey you two strangers! You should have more unprotected se-" . . . But there's a raw passion between souls that I had that I know I'll never find again. That girl and I message one another every few years or so. If I ask she'll still tell me that we're soul mates. I'll still tell her that she was the one true love of my life. We both know we'll never be again, and are on our diverging paths, happy. Neither one of us will ever stop wondering "what if?".

Bet your wife thinks that's really cool.

Fugkin moron.

Laughing, that dude? should write romance novels or Hallmark screenplays.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

658 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 06hunter59, 80 invisible), 2,774 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,478
Posts18,471,724
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.