Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WTM45
Originally Posted by prplbkrr
There will be new neighbor on Thurs. Single guy that lives next door now, tells me a single woman with no kids in her 30's bought his place. Has zero concept of home ownership. He offered her the riding mower and snow blower, both for 1k. She turned it down. 3 acres to mow with a 50'x100' driveway to plow snow. She gonna regret not snapping them up.

Sounds like she is most likely equipped to provide services in exchange for mowing and snowplowing needs.

Or simply pay a service to handle it for her. No sweat, no frostbite.

Me

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by prplbkrr
There will be new neighbor on Thurs. Single guy that lives next door now, tells me a single woman with no kids in her 30's bought his place. Has zero concept of home ownership. He offered her the riding mower and snow blower, both for 1k. She turned it down. 3 acres to mow with a 50'x100' driveway to plow snow. She gonna regret not snapping them up.

Dummm.

Maybe not.

Maybe she likes an un-mowed yard. I tutored a gal in college, lived in town. Let the yard go. Neighbors complained, she told the authorities it was a wildflower garden.

Or, maybe she plans on getting goats and sheeps?

Sounds like 3 acres is more rural. I could care less if the neighbors mow their 3 acres, except for the fire danger. Around here it keeps most people honest.

I'm surprised at some of the comments here about neighbors. I like my neighbors and know that they will help out when needed and it's a reciprocal arrangement. My German immigrant neighbor who got here and NEVER wants to go back has taken me to coffee to meet his compadres from the Sheriff's Posse. The other neighbor has had us over for holiday meals and vice versa.

There's one set of problem neighbors next to the German fellow, and the 'hood has been working on getting them to straighten up their act. German guy and I have sat across from the Sheriff at his desk and explained some issues. Neighbor lady behind them, who also owns the house on the other side of them and has her kid and grandkids in that one, has contacted an attorney to sue the landlord if scheidt doesn't change soon. The landlord has given them notice to clean up the place, there's an extra dumpster out front getting filled, so maybe it's working.

If I lived in town, it's likely my attitude towards neighbors would change. Having them all 100+ yards away out here helps a lot

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 1minute, 222ND, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 60 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,798
Posts18,516,179
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.