Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I've had every diesel 3/4, 1 ton, and 450 series truck out there. The GM Duramax has easily the best transmission with the Allison unit but the engine on these isn't what I'd call worth it and I've had several of them. An one ton Duramax or any diesel is overpriced for what it is, the fuel is expensive and maintenance is high and very expensive if you really use them.

Ford make a better truck overall but the diesel part is just ok. For cost and maintenance the best truck would be a Ford super duty powered by Cummins and linked to an Allison transmission. I wish.

But really if a guy wants a good truck get the Toyota and maintain it properly. They're just a better product and outlast our so called domestic trucks all things considered. I wouldn't get to caught up in features and new doo dad's. Get the Toyota if it's gotta last.

Im rocking an new Dodge junk ram diesel and my daily driver is an old 2000 Dodge Cummins. Just waiting to get all my parts for the steering, front axle rebuild parts, ball joints and drag l inks and brake parts. It's got an new trans and head mill valve seat and gasket. I'm doing this myself to save some coin but if I had a Toyota I'd probably be still driving instead of putting on parts

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by shrapnel
What don’t you get? . Go ahead and wiggle back and forth. You did say a truck costing $100,000.00 is the new normal.

No wiggling... Read the whole exchange... DO NOT TWIST IT...

i.e. after you got yacking again about your Chevy diesel deluxe... NOTHING to do with a 1/2 ton gasser... and you damn well know that.

-------------------------------------------

NOT A CLUE how you only paid $65k... $65k + $43k??? with the 2012 Cummins $43k trade-in?...

FIND ME ONE IN REAL TIME...

All new Fords, Chevy and Dodge diesels are chasing the hell of of 6 figures. Build one anywhere... anytime... add Dealer mark-ups.

Here is your quote:

Originally Posted by CashisKing
OK guys... point a fella in the direction of a solid and reliable $35k or less 4wd 1/2 ton pick-up that can be bought with cash money this week...

My bad... I meant to say NEW $35k or less 4wd 1/2 ton pick-up that can be bought with cash money this week...

My mention of the diesel is to show how far off you are with your analysis on the cost of trucks. If I paid $65,000.00 for a one ton diesel pickup, any prospective truck buyer would know a gas 1/2 ton will cost much less.

You must be a handful on the playground…

Hell, the new Ford F-150 EV is chasing $95k with the practical battery...

--------------------------------------------

And yet again... the OP was asking about New Chevy gasser or New Tundra...

Send me your address... I promised to mail you cookies if you mentioned your truck a 25th time...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
I've had every diesel 3/4, 1 ton, and 450 series truck out there. The GM Duramax has easily the best transmission with the Allison unit but the engine on these isn't what I'd call worth it and I've had several of them. An one ton Duramax or any diesel is overpriced for what it is, the fuel is expensive and maintenance is high and very expensive if you really use them.

Ford make a better truck overall but the diesel part is just ok. For cost and maintenance the best truck would be a Ford super duty powered by Cummins and linked to an Allison transmission. I wish.

But really if a guy wants a good truck get the Toyota and maintain it properly. They're just a better product and outlast our so called domestic trucks all things considered. I wouldn't get to caught up in features and new doo dad's. Get the Toyota if it's gotta last.

Im rocking an new Dodge junk ram diesel and my daily driver is an old 2000 Dodge Cummins. Just waiting to get all my parts for the steering, front axle rebuild parts, ball joints and drag l inks and brake parts. It's got an new trans and head mill valve seat and gasket. I'm doing this myself to save some coin but if I had a Toyota I'd probably be still driving instead of putting on parts

Good recap...

IMHO the 68RFE is a damn good trans... so is the NP271 T-Case.

The older 47RE is a POS, but it can be rebuilt to handle any load the truck can support... The NV241DHD is a decent T-Case... The NV4500/NV241DHD was the best combo for 1 tons.

I have had 30+/- of these Mopar trucks.

Aisin vs. Allison... Aisin is better... but not for me... I'll stick with a 68RFE...

The Eaton Fuller 6 Speed manual is the perfect trans behind a Cummins, but it is a BIG SOB... Had that combo in a F-650 once... amazing ratios.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Just waiting to get all my parts for the steering, front axle rebuild parts, ball joints and drag l inks and brake parts.

Just did a 2011 Ram front end... $2,700 turnkey for everything... these damn things suck $$$.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Made a run to the Kasilof and avg 22.0 on lyometer. This is 2022 GMC 1/2 with the 5.3.

[Linked Image]

Nice. Pretty low oil pressure...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 79S
Made a run to the Kasilof and avg 22.0 on lyometer. This is 2022 GMC 1/2 with the 5.3.

[Linked Image]

Mind your brakes... parts are EXPENSIVE

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

30# at idle is plenty.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
If you use it as a truck instead of a car it levels itself…

Yup.

I've always hated the look of leveled trucks, looks highly gay. I've never seen anybody that actually uses their truck with it leveled.
Well if you're truck is leveled as soon as you haul something it looks like you're doing the Carolina squat

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

That's GM for you. Low oil pressure is what they do now. My 20 Silverado operates at the same pressure

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

30# at idle is plenty.

But it really never rises much from there

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a 2021 Silverado Custom 1500 with the 2.7L turbo 4 cylinder with 8 speed transmission. I don't tow anything, but put a lot a miles on. Got it a little over year ago and hit 41k miles this week. Pretty no frills truck. That little motor has been great, plenty of power for commuting off and on road. I'm getting just shy of 21 mpg on 10 ply all terrains tires.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
go to a dealer that carries chevy work trucks. i bought a 2021 silverado 1500WT. double cab,it has 10" less room in the back but still room for 4 adults.

has everything i need. power everything except ,seats,heated mirrors. came with rubber floor mats. white with black trim. came with steel gray painted wheels and straight tread tires. i bought 4 black aluminum wheels and new bfg at tires the week i bought the truck. 5.3 motor with 6 speed trans.
i have less than 40,000.00 in it. wheels added and bed cover . averages 18.5-19 mpg running around and the best i have gotten on a trip is 21.6

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
These are some interesting mpg reports. My Dodge 1500 company truck gets 20 to 22+ mpg, with lots of power to spare. I do a lot of interstate driving though. With a straight up gas engine getting that kind of fuel mileage and performance, why would anyone want a turbo that offers no real improvement?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
If you use it as a truck instead of a car it levels itself…

Yup.

I've always hated the look of leveled trucks, looks highly gay. I've never seen anybody that actually uses their truck with it leveled.

As posted a trucks frond end should not be 2” lower than the rear. You get better ground clearance which is needed going off road.

Another plus of the raised ass end is, you get better gas mileage as yer always going downhill.......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
May have already been stated in the pages of this thread, but I'm hearing major issues with the new tundras. I spoke with my local Toyota dealer and they told me to wait a year or two to let them get all the bugs out. They have already had to buy back a few of the new tundras they sold due to endless issues. Love the idea of a Tundra that gets good mileage, but gonna have to wait on the new ones for a year or so

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
NOT A CLUE how you only paid $65k... $65k + $43k??? with the 2012 Cummins $43k trade-in?...

All new Fords, Chevy and Dodge diesels are chasing the hell of of 6 figures. Build one anywhere... anytime... add Dealer mark-ups.

One more time:

I paid $65,000.00 with no trade, no dealer markup for the 2022 Chevy 3500 4x4 crew cab, Duramax, Allison 10 speed transmission, ordered to my specifications. Nothing more nothing less.

What can’t you understand about that?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I can attest that shrapnel always drives a fine vehicle and I prefer he drive whenever we hang out.

Just be ready to explain how you forgot your wallet when he stops to fuel up because those big rig type trucks hold a lot of gasoline.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everyday driving truck.............Ford F-150

Working truck.......................Ford F-250

Nothing else comes close.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

One more time:

I paid $65,000.00 with no trade, no dealer markup for the 2022 Chevy 3500 4x4 crew cab, Duramax, Allison 10 speed transmission, ordered to my specifications. Nothing more nothing less.

What can’t you understand about that?

Brand new Diesel - on the lot, less than 70k - 30 mins away. (I worked at this location for 2 years in HS)

4 Diesels - under 70k New. - About an hour away

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Everyday driving truck.............Ford F-150

Working truck.......................Ford F-250

Nothing else comes close.

Boss drives a new F-150, running board fell off and got ran over on a job site the other day. Will have that fixed along with 3 recalls (so far) Ford Quality.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (Amos63, 35, 257_X_50, afisher, alffe, 8 invisible), 848 guests, and 825 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,916
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.