Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Look at the Brite Side ..
The Derby Donkey named Mitch and Ms. Mouth Carolina got their
“ Red Flag Legislation “
Total Loss for Many .. Big Win for Mordor on the Potomac..

Roll Them or They Roll You

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RogueHunter
Originally Posted by Morewood
All that tactical gear swinging on their tactical vest while gripping a tactical rifle don't mean schit if you're a coward.

Look at these law enforcement charlatan badass dudes in camo with helmets and backpacks cowering behind the corner holding each other.

Tactifools.

Just cops being cops. Corrupt and cowardly.
…and let’s not forget, will gladly follow any and all stand down orders given by left wing politicians.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by akrange
Look at the Brite Side ..
The Derby Donkey named Mitch and Ms. Mouth Carolina got their
“ Red Flag Legislation “
Total Loss for Many .. Big Win for Mordor on the Potomac..

Roll Them or They Roll You
What a legislation are you referring to?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by duck911
We all know, and it's shocking his superiors haven't been alerted to the drivel he posts here. Yet.

That's seriously fugked up.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Flave(and others) would be the dudes to bust in and cap the perp.

I don't doubt that for a second. Most of us here would, myself included. .

No you wouldn't. You are a pussy.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
At least down at the Florida shooting there was only one cop that didn't take action. This video, just WOW! A whole lotta do nuthin's there....

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
MOfo is killing kids and the cop uses hand sanitizer

More scared of getting covid than getting shot. Telling...

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Flave(and others) would be the dudes to bust in and cap the perp.

I don't doubt that for a second. Most of us here would, myself included. I never insinuated that.

But, he is on the record here over the years with the opinion that cops are not heroes and largely just traffic ticket writers.

And now he is "nauseous" they didn't act. GMAFB.

Around here they are largely traffic ticket writers. We call the State Mounties the Highwayman Patrol. I hope there are some NHP Troopers reading this.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by CCCC
The knowledge of their total failure was already sickening, and this video just makes the sickness feel worse. How does a person maintain a lick of confidence in LEOs after watching this?

Why are they in that role, why do they wear the badge and carry those arms - they are supposed to be the first to rise to protect and aid those who employ them - the plain and vulnerable citizens - and the children above all.

A travesty revisited. Every one of those cowards should be fired, ridiculed, and maybe even punished for their failure to act. How can they live with themselves?

Why in that role? Willing to make $45k/year, suffer bureaucracy, and maybe have to act like more than armed security. Plus can hang tribute pics, dedication plaques, etc on their walls while claiming higher standards. Know a lot that don’t fit that script and more still that do sadly. Our society places the same monetary value on a night shift forklift warehouse operator and 1/4 the requirements to qualify. Then we all pontificate on why the system seems broken and we have these issues.

So what in this entire thread has highlighted why we have an elite task force surveiling the scum and prepared to respond to extreme violence???? Exactly my point though I sorely wish it wasn’t.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The cops around here make more than 45k per year, and have better retirement plans than just about anyone.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Remember those Hedge Fund Managers that stripped millions of any hope of retirement being forced to do so because they lacked compensation before or after? Those that impact a few innocent failing to respond when their cheeseburgers are cooling making $40/hr though, string some MoFos up,,,,,, this situ is F’d but you know, those glorified security guards are way worse than you’d be in that situ given your above average training at great personal costs to your time and money preparing for this so carry on waddling as you argue the merits of what you’d do in that situ.

If most just start with making $45k/yr for say a family of 4 you’d be too busy trying to make ends meet or getting benefits to raise the oppty for your kids.

Our society fails to value our public security or our teachers then wonders why this absolute heart wrenching tragedy perpetuates.

IDK, let’s raise school tax 75% to say NA of $6k/house(remember old stat of $300k to raise 1 child?!? Honestly evaluate how much “raising” you put on their teachers), then raise tax to pay police $250k/yr,
I could pull stats on a 15-20 yr private industry professional but why bother, most ignored my post long before when they satisfied their egos one of my points didn’t apply.

Then complain about lack of effort by all involved. In light of what most make here, adjusting to the teacher/beat cop salary is hard enough to consider.

This nation does far to little that which we entrust with far too much,,,,,,

Then gets all up in arms that most didn’t die on their poverty level, issued pistols to try and save one while ignoring the 4 at home that relied on their poverty level income,,,,,,,,, flame on GFY

Last edited by gremcat; 07/13/22.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gremcat
Remember those Hedge Fund Managers that stripped millions of any hope of retirement being forced to do so because they lacked compensation before or after? Those that impact a few innocent failing to respond when their cheeseburgers are cooling making $40/hr though, string some MoFos up,,,,,, this situ is F’d but you know, those glorified security guards are way worse than you’d be in that situ given your above average training at great personal costs to your time and money preparing for this so carry on waddling as you argue the merits of what you’d do in that situ.

If most just start with making $45k/yr for say a family of 4 you’d be too busy trying to make ends meet or getting benefits to raise the oppty for your kids.

Our society fails to value our public security or our teachers then wonders why this absolute heart wrenching tragedy perpetuates.

IDK, let’s raise school tax 75% to say NA of $6k/house(remember old stat of $300k to raise 1 child?!? Honestly evaluate how much “raising” you put on their teachers), then raise tax to pay police $250k/yr,
I could pull stats on a 15-20 yr private industry professional but why bother, most ignored my post long before when they satisfied their egos one of my points didn’t apply.

Then complain about lack of effort by all involved. In light of what most make here, adjusting to the teacher/beat cop salary is hard enough to consider.

Then gets all up in arms that most didn’t die on their poverty level, issued pistols to try and save one while ignoring the 4 at home that relied on their poverty level income,,,,,,,,, flame on GFY

I'll give you credit on most of your arguement right up to the point of making sure their hands were sanitized while kids were bleeding out. Now you can GFY for making excuses for them you POS.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by auk1124
The cops around here make more than 45k per year, and have better retirement plans than just about anyone.

So the 4.5 cops in small town KY have retirement abd make let’s say $65~75k. Did you factor in overtime? So let’s say $65k. Last I heard so baristas @ Starbucks now make $30/hr aka $60k, I love caffeine, fairly picky even, not sure it rates with those I entrust with all that’s precious to me in the world. Do have more than 2 kids but can’t imagine life without even 1.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The police aren't living on "poverty level," at least around here anyway. I can't imagine very many of them just starting their careers are doing so as the head of household and sole provider of a family of four. All of them around here are married to nurses and live in nice subdivisions.

But regardless of their salary, they signed up for the job voluntarily, and the ones in Uvalde appear to have failed those kids and teachers completely. Their salaries and work conditions have nothing to do with that failure.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by gremcat

I'll give you credit on most of your arguement right up to the point of making sure their hands were sanitized while kids were bleeding out. Now you can GFY for making excuses for them you POS.

Sorry reading comprehension escapes you. Not subjecting to that. Go back to where I outlined a possible solution that didn’t involve local Security guards masquerading as PD, you ignorant, illiterate F!

Very rarely comment like that but had my fill of teenagers trying to find a flaw in a potential solution they can pick apart.

Pointing out a flaw in another doesn’t make you smarter, or so I tell youth I work with.

How about an intelligible dialogue on how we solve it?!?

Or feel like your smarter and better with no solution pointing out whatever flaw in whatever you can find while disregarding intent. Whatever helps you sleep and doesn’t progress convo. Expect nothing less and your none better for it so if nothing else I consumed 5 mins of your life for nothing

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
You'd think that after Parkland they would have learned a thing or two.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by auk1124
The police aren't living on "poverty level," at least around here anyway. I can't imagine very many of them just starting their careers are doing so as the head of household and sole provider of a family of four. All of them around here are married to nurses and live in nice subdivisions.

But regardless of their salary, they signed up for the job voluntarily, and the ones in Uvalde appear to have failed those kids and teachers completely. Their salaries and work conditions have nothing to do with that failure.
Starting salaries I’ve seen are under $40k. Teachers local paid by private are so low they rejoice at making $40k/year moving to public while private cuts corners to pay no benefits abd $35k or much less.

I paid tuition while my wife provided that private Ed being way over qualified. Easier this year to let her stay home and send kids to one of highest ranked publics in state.

I wanted narrative to be true. Sadly, most do the bare minimum to get paid, includes those we ask to let their kids starve so they can enjoy privilege of protecting us while we throw darts.

This is below discussion. Not for or against so not invested enough to fight this out.

Earlier position still stands. We abdicate responsibility for those that protect our way of life,,,,,,, loss of mission is a real thing,,,,, don’t worry,,,,,, your caramel macchiato is waiting tomorrow

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by tdbob
You'd think that after Parkland they would have learned a thing or two.

Point taken, why don’t we settle returning warriors into a 9-5 protecting our most precious? We say PTSD/Risk/Whatever about those we willing give full auto to for indirect countries. Then ignore our responsibility to them when they return. I’d rather trust my entire family to one Vet labeled “broken” vs. a dozen that make $45k/yr but passed the test offset by diversity bias.

Heck, catch one of my cpt.‘s in bed with my wife to this day and I’d buy every word out of their mouth. I’d put my families life in their hands.

We could build that mindset into our domestic security forces. We’d just have to sacrifice a few Lattes,,,,,,,

Last edited by gremcat; 07/13/22.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Remember, if the video wasn't released, the story would still be:

- a brave resource officer” confronted the gunman outside of Robb Elementary School;

- That the door was locked;

- Cops entered classroom and were wounded by shooter;

- Alla the kids were already dead when the cops got there;

- They didn't have a ballistic shield or any weapons capable of taking on a semiautomatic rifle;

- The door was locked and they couldn't get it open until a janitor gave em a key;

- “It is a fact, that because of their quick response getting on the scene, being able to respond to the gunman and eliminate the gunman, they were able to save lives. Unfortunately, not enough,”;

- the incident had turned into a barricaded subject call;

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Remember, if the video wasn't released, the story would still be:

- a brave resource officer” confronted the gunman outside of Robb Elementary School;

- That the door was locked;

- Cops entered classroom and were wounded by shooter;

- Alla the kids were already dead when the cops got there;l

- They didn't have a ballistic shield or any weapons capable of taking on a semiautomatic rifle;

- The door was locked and they couldn't get it open until a janitor gave em a key;

- “It is a fact, that because of their quick response getting on the scene, being able to respond to the gunman and eliminate the gunman, they were able to save lives. Unfortunately, not enough,”;

- the incident had turned into a barricaded subject call;
Point taken, I’ve not even watched video and appreciate the realistic gut check it provides. I’ve very low tolerance for any discretion against women or children so know watching would very much skew my slant.

All I’m saying is rather than ridicule those we underpay/undervalue to save ourselves a few hundred annually in taxes let’s provide solutions. The best to solve this are those so keen on preserving rights.

The argue to argue crowd wears thin. Yeah, left wing libs are getting old, what resolutions are we proposijg to resolve? Pointing out flaws is very different than working on solutions.

Division drives votes, easy to highlight any possible flaw but if Remsen or other legal hawks see it they can highlight the warrant being proposed and it’s merit or failings to the core argument. I’m no legal hawk or educated poster like others. Just want to see us use the collective brilliance to drive a better solution.

Or maybe that’s a sad indictment of my optimistic personality. I do know waiting on elected puppets to tell me the solution wins nothing for anyone.

Otherwise, carry on, I’ll bow out

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 22magnut, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,797
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.