Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
strikeu Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
some of you fanatical bible thumpers provide some of the best material, and most of you can’t HELP yourself but jumping on us heathens.

So, for you fanatical bible thumpers: riddle me this.

I’m kindof paraphrasing from memory and also adlibbing- please forgive me but I think the sentiment is right, and I’m not putting out anything wrong

One of the things I was taught in my time in church is this. “god” is the omnipotent creator. it has control over everything. it created everything, knows everything. it knows every thought any living thing could or will ever have. It knows a humans thoughts and feeling every minute of every day. It also has a plan for the entire existence of mankind, down to the individual. "god’s plan" will always prevail. (this was cut and paste from some scripture I found)

god has control even over sinful actions. He ordains sinful, disobedient actions for his good purposes. So his word always prevails, and we can trust that His prophecies always come to pass. (this was copied too)

God’s omnipotence is this: that he has complete and total control over everything. This includes the smallest details of the natural world.

all you thumpers agree on this?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Free will trumps.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Nope…. You left out human choice…. an individual’s ability to make decisions ….

God will allow you to make decisions and make choices.

Last edited by TF49; 07/15/22.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Free will trumps.
word

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
God doesn’t micromanage peoples lives, unlike some Pastors and pew riders with pious vanity.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Beaver10
God doesn’t micromanage peoples lives, unlike some Pastors and pew riders with pious vanity.

🦫

So we’re more like God’s ant farm or fishbowl?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
God created the thread, we do the weaving.

Religion exists in the physical, God in the spiritual, regardless of what religion tells you, God isn't concerned about your physical existence, jus your spiritual.

A Jesus lesson most ignore.

Kent

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
"Thine are the potter, I am the clay."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by strikeu
some of you fanatical bible thumpers provide some of the best material, and most of you can’t HELP yourself but jumping on us heathens.

So, for you fanatical bible thumpers: riddle me this.

I’m kindof paraphrasing from memory and also adlibbing- please forgive me but I think the sentiment is right, and I’m not putting out anything wrong

One of the things I was taught in my time in church is this. “god” is the omnipotent creator. it has control over everything. it created everything, knows everything. it knows every thought any living thing could or will ever have. It knows a humans thoughts and feeling every minute of every day. It also has a plan for the entire existence of mankind, down to the individual. "god’s plan" will always prevail. (this was cut and paste from some scripture I found)

god has control even over sinful actions. He ordains sinful, disobedient actions for his good purposes. So his word always prevails, and we can trust that His prophecies always come to pass. (this was copied too)

God’s omnipotence is this: that he has complete and total control over everything. This includes the smallest details of the natural world.

all you thumpers agree on this?

Libertarian atheist are 10x more obnoxious than the supposed bible thumpers.

Last edited by copperking81; 07/15/22.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by krp

Religion exists in the physical, God in the spiritual, regardless of what religion tells you, God isn't concerned about your physical existence, jus your spiritual.

Kent

That’s actually one of the better answers I’ve ever seen to the question of “why does God let bad things happen to good people”.
Thanks for posting that.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

That’s actually one of the better answers I’ve ever seen to the question of “why does God let bad things happen to good people”.
Thanks for posting that.

Indeed…….Very significant answer……

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Number one, you’re lying when you say that you “cut & paste” from scripture the attributes of God. No scripture refers to Him as it. You go downhill from there.

Number two, as an Alabama native you are an embarrassment to the state.

That kinda what you were fishing for?

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
strikeu Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shootem
Number one, you’re lying when you say that you “cut & paste” from scripture the attributes of God. No scripture refers to Him as it. You go downhill from there.

Number two, as an Alabama native you are an embarrassment to the state.

That kinda what you were fishing for?

I put the "it" in there. not ALL was cut and paste, but some of the pertinent points were. I'm happy that you were triggered by that.

I don't give a blue PH uk about being from Alabama, by the way, so No.

I didn't get a chance to follow up, from before.

so if you thumpers agree that the plan it has is solid, what is the purpose of "prayer"? mortal humans asking it to change it's "plan" for them?

a congregation of 100 people pray for sister rose to make it through throat surgery and she does, then "god answers prayer".

100 million people pray for peace and war starts and kills 10 million people, "that's gods will"

what a complete crock of total BS, the bible is so full of contradictions. I don't see how any of that crap is believable.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But the earliest followers of Jesus didn’t have the Bible. The Jewish scriptures weren’t combined with the New Testament documents until about 350 years after the birth of Jesus. It took Constantine becoming the emperor and having the wealth and the influence to allow the scribes and the scholars to gather these documents, and put them together in what would eventually be called the Bible.

During the time between the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus, and the time that Constantine became the emperor of Rome, Christianity grew and gained influence. And these were the persecution years. Constantine reportedly didn’t embrace Christianity because he was all that interested in becoming a Christian personally. He embraced Christianity to unify the empire. The significance of that is staggering. He had to find something that most people in the empire already had in common, and it wasn’t the Roman gods anymore. And this was due to the significant spread of Christianity in the most difficult years.

Christianity made its greatest strides...when Christians faced tremendous hardship...during the 300 or so years before the Bible ever even existed. Christianity grew from the time of Jesus to the time of Constantine not on the back of “the Bible says.” Before the Jewish scriptures and the New Testament documents were combined and titled “the Bible”, Christianity had already replaced the pantheon of Roman, Barbarian, and most Egyptian gods, and was the state religion for the Roman Empire...before anyone ever held the Bible in their hands.

And it would be close to the invention of the printing press before anyone...unless one was a priest...ever held the Bible in their hands. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd century Christians didn’t choose to follow Jesus because of an infallible OT or a non-contradicting NT. They were followers of Jesus because He rose from the dead. For the first 300 years, the focus was centered on an event, not on a book. The issue wasn’t “is the Bible true”...it was “did Jesus rise from the dead”...? And Matthew said He did, and so did Mark, and John, and Peter, and James...and then a fire-breathing Pharisee named Paul, who was was gonna put the whole Jesus movement out of business, becomes a raving fan and dedicated his life to taking the Gospel of Jesus to the Gentiles all over the Roman world. You’ve got to deal with each one of those men and their testimonies separately.

There’s no explanation for the success of the early church if Jesus hadn’t risen from the dead. The success of the church wasn’t the Bible; there was no Bible. The success of the church was totally due to eyewitness accounts of Jesus’ resurrection. Fortunately those who were closest to the event, those who were eyewitnesses of the event, documented it. But they didn’t document what they believed, they documented what they saw.

So if people step away from Christianity because the Bible doesn’t add up, or for any other reason due to the Bible itself...there is another thing to maybe reconsider...the focus really isn’t the Bible. The focus really is, and always has been, Jesus’ resurrection. Christianity didn’t disrupt the Roman Empire because of the Bible; Christianity disrupted the Roman Empire because of a resurrected Savior.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
And, there were few Bibles until Guttenberg invented his printing press.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It seems like you may be seeking some truths - that you might appreciate sincere explanations/clarifications - but you are going about it in a somewhat crude, bumptious and combative manner. Many folks who have studied and thought through the topic and who might wish to be helpful, do not emulate such behavior, and may simply choose not to waste time and sincerity in the attempt. I might know one of those. Try again?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Remember the Cross.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Never not funny when some keyboard commando thinks he’s had some original thought that is pretty much the oldest thought since God created beings capable of having it.

Originally Posted by wabigoon
Remember the Cross.

Yep.

God’s ultimate answer to all the sin and evil in the world was to come in the flesh and live a sunless life and be crucified for it.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he mockingly enlighten people on an internet site.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I can't paste like I used to, thank you.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by TF49
Nope…. You left out human choice…. an individual’s ability to make decisions ….

God will allow you to make decisions and make choices.

Uh, you mean He made us in His image and gave us free will, with a spirit, to do as we wish instead of making us as animals?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,514
Posts18,472,404
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.