Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
The incompetence didn’t start with the cops. How did the shooter fire shots outside of the school and mosey his ass across the parking lot without the school staff sounding alarms and locking all the doors? Who was manning the front office? How long does it take to lock the doors and how did the teachers not know to do this? They had time.

That's all addressed in the timeline and video.

You should read and watch them.

I would say those issues are noted in the report rather than being addressed. The report says that the exterior door is usually locked, but it wasn’t this day. Why? The report goes on to say that the door could be breached by shooting through the glass, but even that would have given the officers time to engage the suspect prior to entry.

As for the teacher who went outside and saw the shooter coming (female 1), she failed to explicitly note a shooter, but rather told kids to get in their rooms. That is a failure on her part that could be easily explained by the stress of the situation on an individual who isn’t trained or capable of making rational decisions in those circumstances. What the report doesn’t seem to address is the lack of an alarm system . All schools have alarms for fires and emergencies. In today’s world, students and teachers are at much greater risk of a school shooter than being killed by fire/smoke.

We are focusing heavily on the police response, but glossing over the school response. Like I said, they had time. It took a few minutes from the accident until the shooter entered the building. The crash was witnessed, the shots outside were heard, he shot into the school before entry.

All the teachers had to do, even after failing to lock the exterior doors, was give the alarm once the shooting began and lock the the doors to their classrooms. The report says the doors had to be locked from the hallway with a key. Did the teachers not have these keys?

Ultimately, my point is all the failures don’t make sense. Yes, a failure of a particular system is possible, but a top to bottom failure at all levels is just too coincidental. We can ridicule the conspiracy theorists all we want, but the idea that some malfeasance occurred is more likely to me than a total breakdown of all security and response actions leading up to and during the shooting.

The SRO/School police chief is suspect to me. He is a politician. I could easily see any individual being politically motivated, not necessarily to the extent of wanting children to die to achieve some political goal, but manipulated and coerced with money or some for of blackmailing buy our obviously corrupt government? Absolutely. That’s why I asked those questions, and we still don’t have answers. I suspect that we never will.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
According to Mike Gs video the shot was at 148 yds and the shooter was moving.

That's a tough call to have to make and not an easy shot with a school as your backstop.

That's funny that somebody like you (who has never done anything) would note that.

I think somebody that knows what the fugk they were doing would not be asking for permission to use deadly force on the fugking radio.

Incompetent.

Period.

What do you teach in your tactical training?

Have you pioneered the school shooter blaster technique where you teach students to take shots around a school no matter what the conditions or backstop?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
The incompetence didn’t start with the cops. How did the shooter fire shots outside of the school and mosey his ass across the parking lot without the school staff sounding alarms and locking all the doors? Who was manning the front office? How long does it take to lock the doors and how did the teachers not know to do this? They had time.

I would say those issues are noted in the report rather than being addressed. The report says that the exterior door is usually locked, but it wasn’t this day. Why? The report goes on to say that the door could be breached by shooting through the glass, but even that would have given the officers time to engage the suspect prior to entry.

As for the teacher who went outside and saw the shooter coming (female 1), she failed to explicitly note a shooter, but rather told kids to get in their rooms. That is a failure on her part that could be easily explained by the stress of the situation on an individual who isn’t trained or capable of making rational decisions in those circumstances. What the report doesn’t seem to address is the lack of an alarm system . All schools have alarms for fires and emergencies. In today’s world, students and teachers are at much greater risk of a school shooter than being killed by fire/smoke.

We are focusing heavily on the police response, but glossing over the school response. Like I said, they had time. It took a few minutes from the accident until the shooter entered the building. The crash was witnessed, the shots outside were heard, he shot into the school before entry.

All the teachers had to do, even after failing to lock the exterior doors, was give the alarm once the shooting began and lock the the doors to their classrooms. The report says the doors had to be locked from the hallway with a key. Did the teachers not have these keys?

Ultimately, my point is all the failures don’t make sense. Yes, a failure of a particular system is possible, but a top to bottom failure at all levels is just too coincidental. We can ridicule the conspiracy theorists all we want, but the idea that some malfeasance occurred is more likely to me than a total breakdown of all security and response actions leading up to and during the shooting.

The SRO/School police chief is suspect to me. He is a politician. I could easily see any individual being politically motivated, not necessarily to the extent of wanting children to die to achieve some political goal, but manipulated and coerced with money or some for of blackmailing buy our obviously corrupt government? Absolutely. That’s why I asked those questions, and we still don’t have answers. I suspect that we never will.

The report is going to note facts and not conclusions.

But based on those facts outlined in the report I'd say it's pretty clear that, that school is every bit the colossal fugk up that the town is.

Cops, politicians, schools. They're all a fugking joke in this situation.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

That's a tough call to have to make and not an easy shot with a school as your backstop.

So it's much better to just let him gain entry to the school bldg without challenge?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
From the timeline:

a Uvalde Police
Officer on scene at the crash site observed the suspect carrying a rifle outside the west hall entry.
The officer, armed with a rifle, asked his supervisor for permission to shoot the suspect. However,
the supervisor either did not hear or responded too late.

A product of the risk adversion in the police culture from todays defund narrative.

I can honestly understand if someone develops that aversion. When they do, it's time to move into a different profession.

It's an issue in the police culture that drives hiring and promotion. When even a good shooting can ruin a police officers life and put him on 24 hour news cycles it gets hard to hire the right kind of police officers.

I’d rather be persecuted and get wrung the the wringer for killing an armed tranny walking into a school than live with myself for not taking the shot. I don’t know how any of these officers haven’t killed themselves yet, and I hate the idea of police suicide.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

So it's much better to just let him gain entry to the school bldg without challenge?

148 yards on a SLOWLY walking man is a cake walk for anyone trained with an AR.

Hold I front of target, fire as target leading edge brakes front sight post/reticle. Target neutralized.

Last edited by Jeffrey; 07/16/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’d rather be persecuted and get wrung the the wringer for killing an armed tranny walking into a school than live with myself for not taking the shot. I don’t know how any of these officers haven’t killed themselves yet, and I hate the idea of police suicide.

Hindsight is 20/20

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J

The report is going to note facts and not conclusions.

But based on those facts outlined in the report I'd say it's pretty clear that, that school is every bit the colossal fugk up that the town is.

Cops, politicians, schools. They're all a fugking joke in this situation.

No question. But don’t you think it’s possible that someone motivated/coerced the school police chief to unlock that door? And the shooter walks directly to that door? School police chief than tells officers to to barricade hold rather than neutralize threat? Then claim confusion of who was scene commander? It really doesn’t seem that farfetched to me.

Who unlocked the door? Why? That’s the burning question that I have. We also need to know what was in the officer’s mind that could have shot the shooter outside. Was there training on shooting armed suspects leading up to this shooting that may have reinforced a need to clearance to shoot and armed suspect? Yes, the environment for cops now is bad, but shooting the suspect was a no brained, unless the officer was trained otherwise. If he was, than how, where, when and why?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

They should put electronic locks in schools so that any teacher or administrator can push a button and lock every door at the same time.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Hindsight is 20/20

I don’t buy it. Ask me before or after in these circumstances and my answer is same. We have an active shooter who just shot his grandmother, crashed a truck and walking into a school. That’s not hindsight. That’s common sense.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's funny how you seem to hear things in you head that are not written in posts.

Hold I front of target, fire as target leading edge brakes front sight post/reticle. Target neutralized.

Well the world would be a better place if you would have been the guy who had sights on the shooter as he entered the building.

I can find a lot of fault with how this went down but the cop not taking a shot he was not sure of is pretty far down the list of what went wrong.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It’s a very easy shot. We routinely shoot movers at 600 yards with bolt guns under time.

The problem was the hesitation to shoot because of political bullshit and the risk the officer would have to take in today’s fucqked up world

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter

They should put electronic locks in schools so that any teacher or administrator can push a button and lock every door at the same time.

And a fireteam of police, full time on site any time students are on campus. Obviously with the sole purpose of saving kids and killing a school shooter.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So who exactly is the "They" in your post?

Do the schools in your area have such a system?

Have you thought through any downsides besides the cost of such a system?

What happens in a fire?

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

What happens in a fire?
The schools/ school district. There will always be downsides to any solution.

Only you would lock the doors during a fire.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
It’s a very easy shot. We routinely shoot movers at 600 yards with bolt guns under time.

The problem was the hesitation to shoot because of political bullshit and the risk the officer would have to take in today’s fucqked up world

Not seeing what the cop saw, sight wise, as well as backstop, time to execute the shot, and ability with the rifle as sighted.... They all factor in.

But if that nutjob had been pinned down outside, our outright killed, we'd be having a very different conversation right now.

Hindsight is 20/20.

I don't think any of those cops wanted an ounce of responsibility for anything. And yes, that's probably a by-product of being afraid of what comes after they fire their gun today.

THAT needs to change. In any active shooter situation, police need the green light to shoot/don't shoot as their gut tells them. Not some incompetent supervisor.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

No shot is understandable . But I’d be on him like a duck on a June bug through the door he entered.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wait a second,,,,,,,, I thought John Burns was the only guy that had buds in the know?? But this guy knows the supervisor over the some of these agents.

One serious note, people always say be careful what you post or say on the internet. The feds are watching, you will get a knock on your door at 0300 in the morning. But the more I read of eyeball (Jaguartx) posts. I know this is complete bull chit. The feds aren’t watching that hard lol. If they, where they would have raided his place years ago at 0200 in the morning. How anyone takes this dude serious is beyond me.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What happens in a fire?

You are a ph ucking clown. You stand on the sideline cheering on this Ukraine-Russia war, yelling I stand with Ukraine. Cheerleading when the U.S sends the Ukraine's more money Millions/Billions. Can you imagine what kind of security system upgrades, schools in this country could've installed with that money that we sent to your favorite country of Ukraine? You don't give a chit all you are worried about is pimping your overpriced AR's and name dropping your bros to hawk your overpriced AR's.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Springcove
Jag turning another thread into his BS diatribe. It gets old.

He's been on a run, he'll flame out.

Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 222Sako, 60 invisible), 2,302 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,500
Posts18,509,196
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.