Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by stxhunter
They should put electronic locks in schools so that any teacher or administrator can push a button and lock every door at the same time.

What happens in a fire?

This seems like a pretty tricky problem to solve.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
148 yards on a SLOWLY walking man is a cake walk for anyone trained with an AR.

Hold I front of target, fire as target leading edge brakes front sight post/reticle. Target neutralized.
It’s a very easy shot. We routinely shoot movers at 600 yards with bolt guns under time.

The problem was the hesitation to shoot because of political bullshit and the risk the officer would have to take in today’s fucqked up world

It would be for you. But then you are a World Champion shotgunner who could hit a high percentage of 80yd crossers screaming across the sky while under pressure.

No police dept in the world could train officers to anything close to your shooting ability and confidence in shooting a moving target under stress.

World would be better if some one with 10% of your skill was on the carbine when the shooter was going for the door but how much training would that take.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’d rather be persecuted and get wrung the the wringer for killing an armed tranny walking into a school than live with myself for not taking the shot. I don’t know how any of these officers haven’t killed themselves yet, and I hate the idea of police suicide.

Hindsight is 20/20

I don’t buy it. Ask me before or after in these circumstances and my answer is same. We have an active shooter who just shot his grandmother, crashed a truck and walking into a school. That’s not hindsight. That’s common sense.

Yes it is. The officer didn’t have all of that information at the time

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They should put electronic locks in schools so that any teacher or administrator can push a button and lock every door at the same time.

So who exactly is the "They" in your post?

Do the schools in your area have such a system?

Have you thought through any downsides besides the cost of such a system?

What happens in a fire?

It's the 21st century. All kind of stuff is possible.
Including pass thru doors that can be opened from inside even when locked. Sensors that signal a door not properly closed. Doors electronically locked, that, also unlock?

The pass through is mechanical,
Not reliant on signal or power, folks can get out.

If the system works, the doors could be simultaneously unlocked.
Allowing easier acess to responders. Patched into the alarm so it
can only be activated with the alarm, or, sets the alarm off.

If it can't be used to open in an emergency? So what?
Normal locked doors can't either. They beat/pry them open everyday
in emergencies.

Can't believe someone so tuned in to so many important people involved
in defense, security, forced entry....is stymied by a lock.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 07/16/22.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
The incompetence didn’t start with the cops. How did the shooter fire shots outside of the school and mosey his ass across the parking lot without the school staff sounding alarms and locking all the doors? Who was manning the front office? How long does it take to lock the doors and how did the teachers not know to do this? They had time.

That's all addressed in the timeline and video.

You should read and watch them.

I would say those issues are noted in the report rather than being addressed. The report says that the exterior door is usually locked, but it wasn’t this day. Why? The report goes on to say that the door could be breached by shooting through the glass, but even that would have given the officers time to engage the suspect prior to entry.

As for the teacher who went outside and saw the shooter coming (female 1), she failed to explicitly note a shooter, but rather told kids to get in their rooms. That is a failure on her part that could be easily explained by the stress of the situation on an individual who isn’t trained or capable of making rational decisions in those circumstances. What the report doesn’t seem to address is the lack of an alarm system . All schools have alarms for fires and emergencies. In today’s world, students and teachers are at much greater risk of a school shooter than being killed by fire/smoke.

We are focusing heavily on the police response, but glossing over the school response. Like I said, they had time. It took a few minutes from the accident until the shooter entered the building. The crash was witnessed, the shots outside were heard, he shot into the school before entry.

All the teachers had to do, even after failing to lock the exterior doors, was give the alarm once the shooting began and lock the the doors to their classrooms. The report says the doors had to be locked from the hallway with a key. Did the teachers not have these keys?

Ultimately, my point is all the failures don’t make sense. Yes, a failure of a particular system is possible, but a top to bottom failure at all levels is just too coincidental. We can ridicule the conspiracy theorists all we want, but the idea that some malfeasance occurred is more likely to me than a total breakdown of all security and response actions leading up to and during the shooting.

The SRO/School police chief is suspect to me. He is a politician. I could easily see any individual being politically motivated, not necessarily to the extent of wanting children to die to achieve some political goal, but manipulated and coerced with money or some for of blackmailing buy our obviously corrupt government? Absolutely. That’s why I asked those questions, and we still don’t have answers. I suspect that we never will.

The report is going to note facts and not conclusions.

But based on those facts outlined in the report I'd say it's pretty clear that, that school is every bit the colossal fugk up that the town is.

Cops, politicians, schools. They're all a fugking joke in this situation.

As usual Deflave hits it on the head. Recent news reports the town mayor is in damage control, saying there is a cover going on.

"Uvalde Mayor Don McLaughlin berated the media for sharing the leaked video in a Uvalde City Council Meeting. "The way that video was released today is one of the most chicken things I've ever seen," he said. https://nypost.com/2022/07/13/uvalde-mayor-calls-media-chicken-for-leaking-video-of-cops/

"In an interview with CNN on Tuesday, McLaughlin said he fears foul play, saying, "I'm not confident, 100%, in DPS because I think it's a cover-up." He went on to say that while he trusted DPS staffers, he no longer believed in upper management, explaining that he thinks DPS Director Col. Steven McCraw is "covering up for maybe his agencies."
https://people.com/crime/uvalde-mayor-says-cover-up-possible-of-investigation-into-school-shooting/

Last edited by 79S; 07/16/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Hold I front of target, fire as target leading edge brakes front sight post/reticle. Target neutralized.
It’s a very easy shot. We routinely shoot movers at 600 yards with bolt guns under time.

The problem was the hesitation to shoot because of political bullshit and the risk the officer would have to take in today’s fucqked up world

It would be for you. But then you are a World Champion shotgunner who could hit a high percentage of 80yd crossers screaming across the sky while under pressure.

No police dept in the world could train officers to anything close to your shooting ability and confidence in shooting a moving target under stress.

World would be better if some one with 10% of your skill was on the carbine when the shooter was going for the door but how much training would that take.

Have you two fücked yet?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I cannot believe that many people stood around and waited that long and I'm not excluding any groups.

All I heard was Border Patrol, Border Patrol, Border Patrol for days on end.

Well, the fugking Border Patrol took way too fugking long to resolve that situation. And WTF was with them staging triage at the hallways intersection?

Somebody please explain just what in the fugk these people being taught? And by who?

Mike G already explained.

The guys who went in did not know there were any kids in the room until they made entry.

You litterally posted the video answering your question.
Originally Posted by kingston

What happens in a fire?
This seems like a pretty tricky problem to solve.

Knee jerk reations tend to have problems. But they feel good to the knee jerker.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 07/16/22.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I’d rather be persecuted and get wrung the the wringer for killing an armed tranny walking into a school than live with myself for not taking the shot. I don’t know how any of these officers haven’t killed themselves yet, and I hate the idea of police suicide.

Hindsight is 20/20

I don’t buy it. Ask me before or after in these circumstances and my answer is same. We have an active shooter who just shot his grandmother, crashed a truck and walking into a school. That’s not hindsight. That’s common sense.

Then what was he doing on site, aiming at the suspect with a rifle?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
According to Mike Gs video the shot was at 148 yds and the shooter was moving.

That's a tough call to have to make and not an easy shot with a school as your backstop.

So it's much better to just let him gain entry to the school bldg without challenge?

This.maybe a couple of innocents rather than 34.

A bad plan today is better than a great plan tomorrow.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/16/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J

I’ll say this again. 148 yards on a man walking casually across open ground is not a tricky shot. The goal isn’t MOA groups or a short tracking jobs. The goal is putting bullets in the shooter.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Agreed. Most competitive shooters have better shooting skills than LEOs. Products of practice. When the SHTF, the entire nationwide group of PRS shooters are who you want on your team.

A good friend is ex law-enforcement, president of our gun club, and a DOE employee. He’s the real deal and has been there and done everything including gun fights. I’ve never been a pistol shooter and in many of the PRS competitions some stages involve some pistol shooting. I got together with him for some basic training and ran some drills. He told me right then and there that I shoot better than most of his agents on the first trip to the range, which is pathetic

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DeadHead

Have you two fücked yet?
😄😁😁😁😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
😍😍😍😍😍

Nasty!

Jag,

"A bad plan today is better..."

Burns knows the guy who said that.
His friends trained him in everything he knows, Burns
designed the weapons he favors. Using proprietary knowledg.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 07/16/22.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
According to Mike Gs video the shot was at 148 yds and the shooter was moving.

That's a tough call to have to make and not an easy shot with a school as your backstop.

So it's much better to just let him gain entry to the school bldg without challenge?

Hell, 2 or 3 quick shots in the air would have had him dropping gun and hitting the deck.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I’ll say this again. 148 yards on a man walking casually across open ground is not a tricky shot. The goal isn’t MOA groups or a short tracking jobs. The goal is putting bullets in the shooter.
my then 11 yr old son killed two trotting deer at about that distance and he'd never even shot more than a box of rounds, that guy was walking...

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
And i forgot, they never even tried the door lock.

Just as Dan Scovino said the other day, almost All the Leos hes known, dealt and worked with, would have been fighting each other to go in after that kid and take him out.

This schiett show came down from the top.

Cops keeping a cop dad from going in? YGBSM

My cousin was head of the TDC for about 10 years. Figure 3-4 hostage situations she dealt with a year.

Her people, in each prison all over the state were always for going in when she gave the word.

This leo schiett isnt limited in the law enforcement system.

She went through the FBI Academy.

She and others at the top know what to do.

The top in Uvalde didnt let them. You think the school shooter/hostage programs the Chieff went through taught him to handle these events with no method of communication? To give the excuse the phone was too hesvy to run with?

Planned event. Thats why in ALL these planned events the LEOs NEVER GO IN.

(Insert Big Sigh) No dumb ass this was not a "Planned" event. This is all about incompetence and being a chicken chit. This is what happens when you hire cousins, uncles, nephews, neices, aunts, grandma who never been 100 miles from home to be cops. You know Alot of people on here 924 hour) convicted Derek Chauvin before his trial said he is guilty of murder. But I guarantee if he was there that MF'er been running through the door. Because he's considered "old" school if you will.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J

Agreed. Most competitive shooters have better shooting skills than LEOs. Products of practice. When the SHTF, the entire nationwide group of PRS shooters are who you want on your team.

A good friend is ex law-enforcement, president of our gun club, and a DOE employee. He’s the real deal and has been there and done everything including gun fights. I’ve never been a pistol shooter and in many of the PRS competitions some stages involve some pistol shooting. I got together with him for some basic training and ran some drills. He told me right then and there that I shoot better than most of his agents on the first trip to the range, which is pathetic

Modern law enforcement are trained in fire superiority more so than producing very well aimed shots. Look at a common course of fire for them, 3, 7, and 15 yards I think are the standards. When dad went through the academy and for the first half of his career.m, they started at 25 yards. Dad is a damn good shot with his service revolver.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Hindsight is 20/20

Then what was he doing on site, aiming at the suspect with a rifle?

I assume the information he had was that a truck crashed and the suspect got out and shot at the funeral home employees. When he arrived he saw a guy walking across the field with a rifle. I guarantee you he didn’t have information that he shot his grandmother in the face, knew he was a tranny, and knew he was going to go into that school and murder 21 people. Of course if he knew that he would’ve taken him down immediately.

What if the guy walking across the field was a citizen who is taking the law into his own hands to stop a shooter? I don’t believe he actually witnessed the guy shooting. If he’s arriving on the scene with little information he has a lot of fast decisions to make some of which could cost him his job and his life so he wants to be sure Especially in today’s bullshit political climate

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
It's the 21st century. All kind of stuff is possible.
Including pass thru doors that can be opened from inside even when locked. Sensors that signal a door not properly closed. Doors electronically locked, that, also unlock?

The pass through is mechanical,
Not reliant on signal or power, folks can get out.

If the system works, the doors could be simultaneously unlocked.
Allowing easier acess to responders. Patched into the alarm so it
can only be activated with the alarm, or, sets the alarm off.

If it can't be used to open in an emergency? So what?
Normal locked doors can't either. They beat/pry them open everyday
in emergencies.

Can't believe someone so tuned in to so many important people involved
in defense, security, forced entry....is stymied by a lock.

Sounds like a buisness opportunity for you.

Develope such a simple system and convince schools to buy it. Easy peasy.

You might want to delve a bit deep with the idea kids should be beating doors open in a fire.

You have now solved school shooting, whatcha gonna get done this afternoon.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by DeadHead

Have you two fücked yet?

There are three people in that quote dipch!t.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

So who exactly is the "They" in your post?

Do the schools in your area have such a system?

Have you thought through any downsides besides the cost of such a system?

What happens in a fire?

Fail safe/Fail secure, do some research dumbass. Pretty simple really

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 222Sako, 55 invisible), 2,297 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,500
Posts18,509,196
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.