Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I agree …. Done with Chinese scopes…. Meopta I believe makes there own glass as well

Memento mori ( remember you must die) enjoy every day for tomorrow you may not wake

You can always borrow and pay the money back but you can never get the time back

Everyone hunter should own a fine rifle, life is short.
GB1

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Doug,

As a consumer , the Optika 6 line had too many reticle options.

This - and baffling reticle instructions.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
These Optika's are butt ugly. I never really understood why Meopta discontinued the Meopro scope line. IMO, for the money, they were the finest scopes that one could buy. My Meopro, which is on a 7-08 is the best scope Ive owned. Its performs awesome during really low light. I can't ever see getting rid of it

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I would like to see how an Optika would hold up on my 7½# 340 Wby. I have killed a lot of scopes with that rifle..

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I had one on my Brown Precision 5.5 lb 375 H&H and it survived all 66 rounds I put through it. More rounds than the rifle had seen in its lifetime. I love pig hunting with that rifle.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have an Optika 6 3-18 FFP MRAD. Its in the nascent stage of testing and use for me. Right now its on a 7lbs 338 win mag that has made several scopes go wonky. I hesitate to comment because the round count is still low at this point, but, FWIW, so far it's doing what it's supposed to do. Also FWIW, image quality throughout the X range, ER, EB, FOV, functionality, and click feel are all very good to great on this scope. I happen to like the large adjustment rings that I've seen described as "ugly"; they are easy to grab and move, and there's no question that your hand is on or not on where you intended to adjust. And while I enjoy a nice looking rig, I don't factor aesthetics into the selection process for a long range hunting scope.

I bought this scope mostly because I like the MRAD reticle. Secondly, I've had great experiences with several Meopta products in the past. I understand full well that the reticle has some shortfalls in certain instances; however, overall, it's very well designed and I find it to be a fantastic utilitarian reticle for all around close and long range hunting scenarios.

I won't get into specifics about the reticle; if interested, Ilya put out a great explanatory video on it.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (Akhutr, 35, 33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, 9 invisible), 1,446 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,413
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.