Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Study shows a 5.8% increase is automobile accidents in states where marijuana has been legalized

https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/958493#:~:text=Farmer%20and%20colleagues'%20analysis%20of,the%20onset%20of%20retail%20sales.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Studies and polls can be biased depending who pays for it and how / where they are done. It's easy to be credible if you're preaching to the choir.

I don't care if pot is legal or not.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Almost imperceptible.

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
When they're stoned they have no business behind the wheel. Yet when stopped by law enforcement with personal consumption amount of weed most times they don't even receive a summons. So the rest of us are stuck with the possible damage they may do.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
As a resident of a rural county, in a state, that has legalized growing...without any polling whatsoever...I can personally testify to the train wreck it has caused here. The human trash that grows for Asian cartels are the worst thing that has ever happened to us. Every crime under the sun seems to be part of the Cambodian/Hmong culture. It has bankrupted the local law enforcement budget, public healthcare budget, toxic waste cleanup, on and on. From murder, to selling puberty age brides, game poaching, theft, arson....We were a lot better off here when the local hippies were growing the dope, small scale black market.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Globalist types are all-in for drugging the population to make them docile and in need of more government services.

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My state has just legalized marijuana. Some of the local greenhouse operations have converted to growing pot rather than flowers. I wonder what they are doing for security. I see nothing good about legalizing pot. It creates lethargy in users and will make the crowded roads here in NJ even more dangerous. Insurance rates will go up.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I'll admit, in high school, I dabbled, both pot and alcohol. Quit about a year after graduation...almost 40 years ago. Now, I may have a drink occasionally, at home...I think my last drink was in February). Just don't see the point of either...a waste of both time and money.

Last edited by org_Rogue_Hunter; 07/19/22.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Since 1971 we've spent over a trillion dollars on the war of drugs. Lost hundreds of law enforcement officers on the war on drugs. Incarcerated more than 200,000 Americans - many for minor drug offences. And we still have a massive drug problem and the cartels are still making billions each year.

It has been estimated that legalizing pot will save/generate more than $13 billion annually and will help to focus law enforcement efforts towards deadly drugs and those who peddle them. So legalize it, tax the hell out of it, and enforce impaired driving laws to protect the community.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Since 1971 we've spent over a trillion dollars on the war of drugs. Lost hundreds of law enforcement officers on the war on drugs. Incarcerated more than 200,000 Americans - many for minor drug offences. And we still have a massive drug problem and the cartels are still making billions each year.

It has been estimated that legalizing pot will save/generate more than $13 billion annually and will help to focus law enforcement efforts towards deadly drugs and those who peddle them. So legalize it, tax the hell out of it, and enforce impaired driving laws to protect the community.
I think we've been doing it wrong. It would be much more cost effective to execute some smugglers & dealers once in a while. Coulda saved billion$$$.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tyrone

I think we've been doing it wrong. It would be much more cost effective to execute some smugglers & dealers once in a while. Coulda saved billion$$$.

Freakenomics has a chapter on the idea.

Basically - you can't kill a market by going after supply. You have to kill the demand. Always less suppliers than users in the drug trade. Taking out a supplier means there's less, cost goes up enticing someone else to become a supplier because now the money outweighs the risk. Their contention, based solely on economic theory - not an actual ask or solution would be to incarcerate or execute those that use it to the point where no one wants to use it. More supply than demand, price drops and its no longer enticing to the suppliers (cartels) to do so and they exit.

Saw it with booze. Going after the makers (Org crime) didn't work because so long as there's demand - someone will attempt to fill that vacuum. Get rid of the demand - you end the market.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Letting the hard drug dealers swing publicly would send a message.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Weed has been legal in AK since 2014. Checked outside just a bit ago and the sky seems to be where it's supposed to be. Haven't really noticed any uptick in activity involving weed. All of my drug DUIs are from pillheads and the occasional opioid junkie.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

What is the legal limit of THC in the system that determines “ impaired “?

With alcohol we have .08 and can be tested on the side of the road with a breathalyzer.

What device is available to LE to test for THC that will determine “impaired” and does this roadside device stand up in court?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Funny how so many people who talk about their freedom and rights being taken away are often the first to tell others why some drugs should be banned.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by steve4102

What is the legal limit of THC in the system that determines “ impaired “?

With alcohol we have .08 and can be tested on the side of the road with a breathalyzer.

What device is available to LE to test for THC that will determine “impaired” and does this roadside device stand up in court?

One can be "impaired" while driving without anything in your system.

Regards

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Funny how so many people who talk about their freedom and rights being taken away are often the first to tell others why some drugs should be banned.

Isn't that interesting.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, so you think people have a Constitutional Right to take drugs, sell drugs even to children, grow and manufacture drugs, operate a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs etc. and this RIGHT shall not be Infringed.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

most of the people in here would bi TCH about a free meal....

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by steve4102
LOL, so you think people have a Constitutional Right to take drugs, sell drugs even to children, grow and manufacture drugs, operate a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs etc. and this RIGHT shall not be Infringed.

Is this sarcasm?

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (1234, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 21, 66 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,414
Posts18,470,481
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.