-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't understand people who love liberty and freedom asking for more taxes. It boggles the mind. We can't hardly do anything without government "permission". Cannabis should never have been made illegal in the first place. It's been used as medicine for decades, probably centuries and hemp has a myriad of uses.

In my opinion, Cannabis should be removed from it's schedule 1 status and be legal to grow by anyone and should not be taxed in any way, shape, or form.

Last edited by packrat77; 07/19/22. Reason: Cause I needed to.

Don't believe everything you think.

You ain't learnin' nothin' when you're talking.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
It’s just a friggin’ plant that God put on this earth just like every other friggin’ plant. Legalize it, tax the Hell out it and enforce impaired driving & crimes involving it.

Geeze...maybe we could even expand our governments to help with all that!

More revenuers, more cops, more taxes more more more!
Gov’t is gonna get their hands on it whether it is legal or not, one way or the other. What do you expect “Big Brother” to do? Will they just say it’s legal and leave it all hands off & alone? That will never happen unless it is in your dreams.

If we wanted them to.

I get sick of all the "conservatives" that cry for more and more taxes.
I agree on the Taxes. One of my main rules is: Never, ever vote for any kind of additional new taxes. I was just pointing out realistically what “Big Brother” will probably do.

I admit to be being a bit shocked when Virginia legalized pot several years back with absolutely no plan to increase the coffers simultaneously.
Part of the deal was to discuss the how/what/where end of distribution in 2023[not before].
A full four years after legalization.

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Since 1971 we've spent over a trillion dollars on the war of drugs. Lost hundreds of law enforcement officers on the war on drugs. Incarcerated more than 200,000 Americans - many for minor drug offences. And we still have a massive drug problem and the cartels are still making billions each year.

It has been estimated that legalizing pot will save/generate more than $13 billion annually and will help to focus law enforcement efforts towards deadly drugs and those who peddle them. So legalize it, tax the hell out of it, and enforce impaired driving laws to protect the community.

What is the legal limit of THC in the system that determines “ impaired “?

With alcohol we have .08 and can be tested on the side of the road with a breathalyzer.

What device is available to LE to test for THC that will determine “impaired” and does this roadside device stand up in court?

There is no reliable field test yet, so it's a blood draw. The standard here is 5 nanograms/milliliter of whole blood but a driver can be cited for impaired driving with less than 5 ng/ml in their blood.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I voted against the local tax here in June.

It passed easily.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Bobmar
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Bobmar
Originally Posted by gunswizard
When they're stoned they have no business behind the wheel. Yet when stopped by law enforcement with personal consumption amount of weed most times they don't even receive a summons. So the rest of us are stuck with the possible damage they may do.

This is no different than alcohol. Responsible use is the issue. Some people will not act responsibly regardless of the the substance.
Not really.

Open bottle is a crime, open container of pot is not.

Driving under the influence of alcohol can be determined with a breathalyzer right on the side of the road, under the influence of THC cannot.

Having made quite a few DUI arrests, I feel somewhat qualified to argue with you here. Your driving behavior and results of the FST’s will provide probable cause for arrest. A blood test will be taken to determine the THC level of your blood. That will come up later in court.

Also…you aren’t going to get a breathalyzer test alongside the road. You may get a Preliminary Breath Test. That only adds to Probable Cause. The breathalyzer test will come later at the jail, if there is an arrest. The results of that are much more accurate and will be entered into evidence in the criminal trial, along with the lab results showing your blood THC level, if there is any.

The officer doesn’t have to prove, alongside the road, what the driver was under the influence of…only that they were impaired. The court will decide what it was.

Be safe out there

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shootem
Make cannabis a legal garden crop. Then attack Valium and opioid use by politicians that make laws based on making $$$ for themselves.

I would personally demand that every member of FedGov Executive/Legislative/Judicial branches be tested for ALL drugs and the results posted for the whole world to see. Wouldn't you like to see what drugs are animating PedoBiden or Diane Feinstein??

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
Why is it when ya always go into them dispensaries, it’s operated by some fàggots or some ponytail biker person that weighs 625 lbs?

Can’t they get like a polite skinny, grandma type to work there? I wanna feel like I’m not entering a circus freakshow or jackoff parlor.

Didn't see any of what you described in Gunnison, Crested Butte, Pueblo or Manitou Springs in Colorado. What state did you see this Slumlord??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rainshot
Hemp was and still is used for rope and in that day it was the only rope available.

It's the only rope that works. Synthetic ropes snap when used on ships in freezing/wet conditions such as going around the tip of South America, or in the Arctic/Antarctic seas.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Originally Posted by logger
Originally Posted by flintlocke
As a resident of a rural county, in a state, that has legalized growing...without any polling whatsoever...I can personally testify to the train wreck it has caused here. The human trash that grows for Asian cartels are the worst thing that has ever happened to us. Every crime under the sun seems to be part of the Cambodian/Hmong culture. It has bankrupted the local law enforcement budget, public healthcare budget, toxic waste cleanup, on and on. From murder, to selling puberty age brides, game poaching, theft, arson....We were a lot better off here when the local hippies were growing the dope, small scale black market.

The big impact we are seeing is the illegal use of water, essentially drying up a number of streams. That, and the the theft of generators and water pumps.

That's not "legalized" growing. Crime is still crime.
Damn, bruh,

you back here making sense again.

Gonna get in trouble doin' that I tells ya

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Personally i could care less if the sheits legal or not. Ive got zero desire to use it, but could care less if others do.

Just drop the medical "cure" BS.....it dont cure sheit, just that the high masks the symptoms etc....like many other available pharmaceuticals. Also the gummies oils etc I get but smoking it as a "medical" use.....yeah thats gotta be good for the lungs etc!!!

From what Ive seen here in PA since the medical legalization is that many existing potheads said the right things regarding approved medical conditions to get the card. Now they can carry and use it without punishment. Most are also continuing to buy their daily use stuff from street dealers much cheaper than the Dispensaries and only get the "good" stuff from the approved places when they want some high level weed.

Also have heard many HR people and business owners tell stories of the "but I have medical card" response when someone isnt hired or is fired due to failing a drug test when the company has a No Drug Policy. What peop fail to realize is that its the business's insurance carriers mandating the zero tolerance policy due to the nature of work etc, not the business itself.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I voted against the local tax here in June.

It passed easily.
Georgia counties & areas have a bad habit of constantly
putting “SPLOST” (special-purpose local-option sales tax) proposals on the ballots. I vote against every single one of those but they keep on passing I guess a lot of the local Karen’s and Libs moving down here enjoy voting for more “feel good” taxes. Sickening

Last edited by GAGoober; 07/19/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Beer, wine, whiskey, pot.......... pick one. What you chose to do after indulging in any of these is on you. Can someone explain where legal the difference between sucking down a six pack, a few shots or a few tokes on a fatty?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fishnpbr
Beer, wine, whiskey, pot.......... pick one. What you chose to do after indulging in any of these is on you. Can someone explain where legal the difference between sucking down a six pack, a few shots or a few tokes on a fatty?

The reality is .gov gets their cut from beer/wine/liquor sales and state licensed cannabis dispensaries. Illegal cannabis brings down the same Wrath of Government as does home distilling liquor for personal use. Although, beer/wine production at home is legal in a lot of states, now.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Old guy, old guns.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Smoking pot lowers testosterone levels and sperm count ..... period. So let's create a nation of nut - shriveled soy boys.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Why is it when ya always go into them dispensaries, it’s operated by some fàggots or some ponytail biker person that weighs 625 lbs?

Can’t they get like a polite skinny, grandma type to work there? I wanna feel like I’m not entering a circus freakshow or jackoff parlor.
So, you know what a jackoff parlor looks like in order to compare a dispensary to one?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
I would wager that there are many successful business people that you know who smoke weed or ingest edibles and you may never suspect that they do.

They did it since their teen years, have raised good kids, never got into trouble, and are active in the community.

You can't lump all users into losers, it's not the way it is.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Originally Posted by Tyrone
There is no responsible use of THC-containing marihuana.

Cancer patients? Helps with seizures too?
How about just to take the edge off the day as some many folks do with a drink? Or dessert?

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
I would wager that there are many successful business people that you know who smoke weed or ingest edibles and you may never suspect that they do.

They did it since their teen years, have raised good kids, never got into trouble, and are active in the community.

You can't lump all users into losers, it's not the way it is.
I know lawyers, judges, business owners, and doctors Who smoke. I only smoke on rare occasions myself.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Me and the floor of a buddy's motorcycle shop after hours got cozy about 15 years ago last time.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 1,761 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,122
Posts18,522,927
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.