Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by FatCity67
In case you hop heads missed it for your next snack attack.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
How hot is that in a 1 to 10 scale?

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by shootem
Also have heard many HR people and business owners tell stories of the "but I have medical card" response when someone isnt hired or is fired due to failing a drug test when the company has a No Drug Policy. What peop fail to realize is that its the business's insurance carriers mandating the zero tolerance policy due to the nature of work etc, not the business itself.

Do you know if they have the same standard for prescription opiates and benzodiazepines? Serious question.
No, those drugs are not a Schedule 1 controlled substance ( no medical value), if prescribed by a physician they are legal, Marijuana is Illegal in all 50 States regardless if one has a state issued Medical Card.

laffin. Marijuana is Sched 1. Look at Sched 2, 1 level down:

Morphine
Hydrocodone (Vicodin)
Hyrdomorphone (Dilaudid)
Oxycodone (OxyContin, Percocet)
Meperidine (Demerol)
Fetanyl
Methadone
Methamphetamine
Adderall
Ritalin

Friggin Fentanyl is classed lower on the totem pole than marijuana. And marijuana is in the same class as heroin. laffin. Bought and paid for politicians and feds are the ones determining “No Medical Value”. Many states now say differently. But federal bureaucrats are our friends. They wouldn’t accept lobbying. They do all things for the children. And because they are smarter than state regulatory boards.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
By the way, you’re a criminal in the feds eyes for using marijuana medically even though it requires a prescription. State law says your good. But the feds say you’re bad and make it a federal crime to buy a firearm. Using oxycodone and Valium for those daily aches and pains? No problem. But stay away from that devil weed.

Last edited by shootem; 07/19/22.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Marijuana can’t be prescribed by a physician , a medical card is issued by the State, not the doctor and it is not covered by insurance

Last edited by steve4102; 07/19/22.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by gunswizard
When they're stoned they have no business behind the wheel. Yet when stopped by law enforcement with personal consumption amount of weed most times they don't even receive a summons. So the rest of us are stuck with the possible damage they may do.

Same goes for old drivers.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Marijuana can’t be prescribed by a physician , a medical card is issued by the State, not the doctor and it is not covered by insurance
But a doctor must diagnose you with with a qualifying condition. So doctors are not cut out of the loop.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Originally Posted by gunswizard
When they're stoned they have no business behind the wheel. Yet when stopped by law enforcement with personal consumption amount of weed most times they don't even receive a summons. So the rest of us are stuck with the possible damage they may do.

Same goes for old drivers.
And young

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
But a doctor must diagnose you with with a qualifying condition. So doctors are not cut out of the loop.
The doctor makes a “recommendation” to the State, the State evaluates the recommendation and may or may not issue the card.

Several States that allow for Medical Marijuana will deny a Permit to Carry due to the possession of said card

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And why is that?

So, you're that trusting of one of the "three letter agencies" of the Federal govt, more so than if a provider told a patient they may find some relief but they can't write a script for it?

Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Rejection of Petitions to
Reschedule
Over the years, several entities have submitted petitions to the DEA to reschedule marijuana. In August
2016, after a five-year evaluation process done in conjunction with the Food and Drug Administration
(FDA), the DEA rejected two petitions—one submitted by two state governors and the other submitted by
a New Mexico health provider—to move marijuana to a less-restrictive schedule under the CSA.
Consistent with past practice, the rejections were based on a conclusion by both the FDA and DEA that
marijuana continues to meet the criteria for inclusion on Schedule I—namely that it has a high potential
for abuse, has no currently accepted medical use, and lacks an accepted level of safety for use under
medical supervision.

A whole lot more information on it here Steve, should you choose to read it:

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IN/IN11204

And if you click a link in that report, you''ll find this little tidbit:

Its history dates back thousands of years, but in the United States it became popular
as a recreational drug in the early 20th century. Not long after its rise in popularity, the federal
government began to exercise control over marijuana and other substances through its taxing
authority, and it enacted criminal penalties for violations of drug laws.

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R44782#_Toc477191639

Now, how does the Federal govt have "taxing authority" over a plant I could choose to grow in my backyard, for my own personal use, not crossing state lines in Interstate Commerce. etc?

I could manufacture a "firearm" that's not intended to ever cross state lines and probably be in less Federal trouble than if I grew a years supply of grifa.

Does anyone in their right mind believe those folks that wrote the Declaration of Independence, Constitution and the Bill of Rights ever foresaw the Govt as having "taxing authority" over a plant?

Remember, the govt told us.

Wear masks, stay 6' apart, shut your stores and restaurants, only go out when necessary........will be OK after we flatten the curve.

Etc etc etc.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The doctor makes a “recommendation” to the State, the State evaluates the recommendation and may or may not issue the card.

Several States that allow for Medical Marijuana will deny a Permit to Carry due to the possession of said card

And will they deny or rescind a card for a cancer patient who is given a fentanyl script by their physician?

If not, they probably should based on the severity of possible side effects of that as opposed to May Jane.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
As far as states denying carry permits, I'm not sure how other states handle CCW permits but here they're handled by the cognizant County sheriff.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Globalist types are all-in for drugging the population to make them docile and in need of more government services.

At least until they gain enough control to starve them to death. How many years into a communist revolution on average before the useful idiots start thinking, "wait a minute where's our utopia?"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
As far as states denying carry permits, I'm not sure how other states handle CCW permits but here they're handled by the cognizant County sheriff.
Our County Sheriff issues them, but they pass through the State DOJ before finalization I believe.

It's California after all.

In it is contentment

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad

And will they deny or rescind a card for a cancer patient who is given a fentanyl script by their physician?

If not, they probably should based on the severity of possible side effects of that as opposed to May Jane.
I don’t know, but I do know that CO for example will not issue a permit to a Medical Marijuana card holder.

. C.R.S. 18-12-203 (c) states: A sheriff shall issue a permit to carry to an applicant who is not ineligible to possess a firearm pursuant to Federal Law.

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and West Virginia have similar language which requires the holder of a CWP to be able to legally possess a firearm under state and/or federal law.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Marijuana should never be legalized. Working as an LEO for 40 years, I’ve seen the disastrous effects on society.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Jcubed
There is no responsible use of THC-containing marihuana.

Cancer patients? Helps with seizures too?

My Stepson passed from cancer.I don't what he was using but it was some kind of THC oil or some such. Whatever it was apparently it helped a great deal with the nausea. Now, I turns out I have cancer and some form of marijuana or THC would alleviate the constant feeling of puking your guts out, then I'm all for using it for medical reasons. Uncle Sam says it's a no no, no matter what and that pisses me off royally.
Guess I'd best not get stopped for any reason. Doc just prescribed legal opioids to help halt the explosive dire rear. Guess that would be OK, but a script for state legal THC would be a federal crime on my part.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by PJGunner
There is no responsible use of THC-containing marihuana.

Cancer patients? Helps with seizures too?

My Stepson passed from cancer.I don't what he was using but it was some kind of THC oil or some such. Whatever it was apparently it helped a great deal with the nausea. Now, I turns out I have cancer and some form of marijuana or THC would alleviate the constant feeling of puking your guts out, then I'm all for using it for medical reasons. Uncle Sam says it's a no no, no matter what and that pisses me off royally.
Guess I'd best not get stopped for any reason. Doc just prescribed legal opioids to help halt the explosive dire rear. Guess that would be OK, but a script for state legal THC would be a federal crime on my part.
Paul B.
I hope you can find reasonably whatever you need to be in comfort and peace. We can only play the cards we are dealt.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Funny how so many people who talk about their freedom and rights being taken away are often the first to tell others why some drugs should be banned.
LOL, so you think people have a Constitutional Right to take drugs, sell drugs even to children, grow and manufacture drugs, operate a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs etc. and this RIGHT shall not be Infringed.

Is this sarcasm?
No, I’m asking snowflake if he actually believes using drugs is a Constitutional Right that should not be infringed on.

I put his comment on par with the left saying killing babies is also a constitutional right.

People have the right to ingest whatever they want. I don't need you putting words in my mouth about people selling drugs, making them, DUI's, etc.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by GAGoober
It’s just a friggin’ plant that God put on this earth just like every other friggin’ plant. Legalize it, tax the Hell out it and enforce impaired driving & crimes involving it.

God said not to eat the forbidden fruit in the garden of Eden, yet Eve tempted Adam and they ate of the fruit. We have been living in sin ever since.

Last edited by Synoptic; 07/19/22.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Funny how so many people who talk about their freedom and rights being taken away are often the first to tell others why some drugs should be banned.
LOL, so you think people have a Constitutional Right to take drugs, sell drugs even to children, grow and manufacture drugs, operate a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs etc. and this RIGHT shall not be Infringed.

Is this sarcasm?
No, I’m asking snowflake if he actually believes using drugs is a Constitutional Right that should not be infringed on.

I put his comment on par with the left saying killing babies is also a constitutional right.

People have the right to ingest whatever they want. I don't need you putting words in my mouth about people selling drugs, making them, DUI's, etc.

Yes, they can ingest whatever they want, but they do not have a right to possess whatever they want.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 007FJ, 1234, 1_deuce, 53 invisible), 1,771 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,107
Posts18,522,570
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.