Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by GAGoober
It’s just a friggin’ plant that God put on this earth just like every other friggin’ plant. Legalize it, tax the Hell out it and enforce impaired driving & crimes involving it.
Ya sure it wasn’t Satan that put Marijuana on this Earth along with Coca, Opium, and others

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and West Virginia have similar language which requires the holder of a CWP to be able to legally possess a firearm under state and/or federal law.

The states have no legal obligation to abide by federal restrictions on firearms ownership and possession. 2A specifically forbids the feds from infringement upon these rights. The states can handle firearms ownership and possession as they wish. To have it used as an excuse for denying shall issue regulation of concealed carry while giving a wink and nod to legal opioid use is insane. How about having a Booze Card that allows one to purchase alcohol, simultaneously denying the right of concealed carry to a Boozer. I’ve never in my younger years seen anyone get violent smoking weed. Exactly the opposite. The same cannot be said for alcohol. Society has a right to protection from armed Boozers.

And the way marijuana is regarded at the federal level is a tragedy. Level 1 scheduling interferes with the very research that could free it from that bond. Of course empirical study and confirmation of medical benefits of THC and derivatives would not bring in profits like the billions opioids and other synthetic pharmaceuticals do. That makes it difficult to get change of status legislation past the lobbyists. All the really bad consumables out there and still so much time and treasure dedicated to eradication of a plant that will never be eradicated.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by shootem
Also have heard many HR people and business owners tell stories of the "but I have medical card" response when someone isnt hired or is fired due to failing a drug test when the company has a No Drug Policy. What peop fail to realize is that its the business's insurance carriers mandating the zero tolerance policy due to the nature of work etc, not the business itself.

Do you know if they have the same standard for prescription opiates and benzodiazepines? Serious question.

As far as our workmans comp and CDL vehicle insurers its a complete zero tolerance for ANY controlled substance on prehire, randoms, or post accident. One CDL driver even had a certification from his Doc that he was ok to drive on the small dose of pain pill he was taking but the Insurance carrier wouldnt allow him to be insured. I couldnt tell ya if this is standard but our broker does what he can to get us the best rates so this might be stricter to accomplish that?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pot just helps widen the gap between the haves and have nots. It's not necessarily a bad thing.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lol..You can't argue with dopeheads. F'ck it...let 'em have it.

Idiocracy is inevitable.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Also have heard many HR people and business owners tell stories of the "but I have medical card" response when someone isnt hired or is fired due to failing a drug test when the company has a No Drug Policy. What peop fail to realize is that its the business's insurance carriers mandating the zero tolerance policy due to the nature of work etc, not the business itself.

Do you know if they have the same standard for prescription opiates and benzodiazepines? Serious question.

As far as our workmans comp and CDL vehicle insurers its a complete zero tolerance for ANY controlled substance on prehire, randoms, or post accident. One CDL driver even had a certification from his Doc that he was ok to drive on the small dose of pain pill he was taking but the Insurance carrier wouldnt allow him to be insured. I couldnt tell ya if this is standard but our broker does what he can to get us the best rates so this might be stricter to accomplish that?

I see the light. CDL changes a lot of stuff.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by marktheshark

I see the light. CDL changes a lot of stuff.

Yes sir the operation of loaded triaxles as well as tracked heavy equipment dont mix well with mind affecting substances!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Marijuana should never be legalized. Working as an LEO for 40 years, I’ve seen the disastrous effects on society.
The disastrous effects of "marijuana", or the disastrous effects of "illegal marijuana"?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by GAGoober
It’s just a friggin’ plant that God put on this earth just like every other friggin’ plant. Legalize it, tax the Hell out it and enforce impaired driving & crimes involving it.
Ya sure it wasn’t Satan that put Marijuana on this Earth along with Coca, Opium, and others
Have you ever had dental work? ..................Without novocaine?

Ever have surgery?..................... without any form of opiod before, during or after?

If so, you're a whole lot tougher than 90% of us here.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
. How about having a Booze Card that allows one to purchase alcohol, simultaneously denying the right of concealed carry to a Boozer.

Several States have passed legislation making it Illegal to carry while under the influence of alcohol, .04 here in MN.

Some State have passed legislation making illegal to carry into a bar even without consuming alcohol. TX has gone so far as to make it a Felony to carry into an establishment that generated 51% or more of its revenue from alcohol.

So, although these states do not issue Booze Cards, they do deny the Right to Carry to a Boozer.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
So, although these states do not issue Booze Cards, they do deny the Right to Carry to a Boozer.

Am I supposed to support this too?

Because I sure as fugk don't.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave

FL Carry Law and booze.

. This is another place where the law is tricky to understand. Florida gun law states that you can carry with a permit in a restaurant, but not if it serves alcohol.
Since many restaurants have their liquor licenses, Floridians have tweaked this requirement.
If the main purpose of the establishment is to serve food, but you can buy alcohol with your meal: feel free to carry. If an establishment has a dedicated bar section, your gun is not welcome there.
If it’s a fully licensed bar with no other purpose, like nightclubs, carrying is illegal.

https://miamicriminaldefense.com/7-...out-florida-gun-law-and-weapons-charges/

It is unlawful and punishable as provided in subsection (4) for any person who is under the influence of alcoholic beverages, any chemical substance set forth in s. 877.111, or any substance controlled under chapter 893, when affected to the extent that his or her normal faculties are impaired, to use a firearm in this state.
(4) Any person who violates subsection (3) commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...RL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.151.html

Last edited by steve4102; 07/20/22.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

FL Carry Law and booze.

. This is another place where the law is tricky to understand. Florida gun law states that you can carry with a permit in a restaurant, but not if it serves alcohol.
Since many restaurants have their liquor licenses, Floridians have tweaked this requirement.
If the main purpose of the establishment is to serve food, but you can buy alcohol with your meal: feel free to carry. If an establishment has a dedicated bar section, your gun is not welcome there.
If it’s a fully licensed bar with no other purpose, like nightclubs, carrying is illegal.

It is unlawful and punishable as provided in subsection (4) for any person who is under the influence of alcoholic beverages, any chemical substance set forth in s. 877.111, or any substance controlled under chapter 893, when affected to the extent that his or her normal faculties are impaired, to use a firearm in this state.
(4) Any person who violates subsection (3) commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

Does that mean I'm supposed to support stupidity?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

FL Carry Law and booze.

Does that mean I'm supposed to support stupidity?

Do whatever you wish.

It’s just the law in your state, obey it or don’t, it’s entirely up to you.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Do whatever you wish.

OK.

Thanks, Steve.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Idiocracy is inevitable.

Can you argue with alcoholics?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Idiocracy is inevitable.

Can you argue with alcoholics?
There is a difference between alcoholics and boozers.

Alcoholics go to meetings.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Do whatever you wish.

OK.

Thanks, Steve.

I wonder if it's OK for me to do that out here? Steve???

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
Do whatever you wish.

OK.

Thanks, Steve.

I wonder if it's OK for me to do that out here? Steve???
Prolly not.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

FL Carry Law and booze.

So? I'd still carry, screw stupid laws.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 264mag, 1_deuce, 1936M71, 219DW, 57 invisible), 1,748 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,112
Posts18,522,796
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.