Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
The media is also claiming that the Hero not only got lucky, but that he broke the law by carrying in that mall and he should be charged.
He was so lucky that he made 8 hits out of ten shots while under tremendous stress?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm just waiting for the left to ruin the kid's life now that his name is public. When I heard 22 year old I knew his name would become public in no time. I wonder if he's been Dox'd yet?

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by TomT
“Clay birds are pretty easy at 50.
But then I ain't schidtin' bricks and thinking about dying.“

BIG difference between hitting clay birds with a 30” barrel shotgun w/ #7 shot, vs tagging an armed shooter with a 4-5” barrel Glock. Especially if he tagged him 8 x at 40-50yards.

Good shooting, the guys a hero in my opinion. The Leftist can’t fathom that there are many of us that carry daily, would never hurt another, but……. If someone starts shooting people in a public place (church, mall, etc), we are prepared to defend life. As much as the Left want us to be sheep….. we are NOT!

My guess is he was referring to shooting clay birds on the 50 yard berm with a pistol.

Thought shooting 25 and 50 yards was common handgun practice. Bigger guns 75 and 100 too.

Maybe some folks only do that 7 yard indoor stuff.

Last edited by hookeye; 07/20/22.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Hastings
The media is also claiming that the Hero not only got lucky, but that he broke the law by carrying in that mall and he should be charged.
He was so lucky that he made 8 hits out of ten shots while under tremendous stress?

His first shot if i read correctly was around 40 yards out.
Thought he moved fwd and continued to shoot.
If the perp was on the ground or low, wonder how many bullets might have bounced in.

Maybe he made 8 of 10 from distance.

He kept shooting til the threat was gone 👍

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

That is a result of practice, not luck.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
IMHO, I think the left is just pi**ed that their next mass shooting got short circuited by a hero that could shoot better than their gunner. As for doxing, going with the left's, ANTIFA, and BLM's penchant for only attacking when they are in a group and the kid's ability, I think they will not do anything to him. They just might get their candy-a**es shot!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

The inevitable question,

Q: "Why did he have to shoot 10 times???"

A: "Because he only had a 10-round magazine."

or,

Q: "Why did he have to use a .45 caliber handgun?"

A: "Because they don't make a .46."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Good on that kid, but 40 - 50 is not really a hard shot if you have practiced.

I agree

Nice shooting under stress. I didn't hear what handgun he was carrying, but I doubt it was a small pocket pistol like a Ruger LCP or similar.

Very courageous young man.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hookeye
Originally Posted by cra1948

BIG difference between hitting clay birds with a 30” barrel shotgun w/ #7 shot, vs tagging an armed shooter with a 4-5” barrel Glock. Especially if he tagged him 8 x at 40-50yards.

Good shooting, the guys a hero in my opinion. The Leftist can’t fathom that there are many of us that carry daily, would never hurt another, but……. If someone starts shooting people in a public place (church, mall, etc), we are prepared to defend life. As much as the Left want us to be sheep….. we are NOT!

My guess is he was referring to shooting clay birds on the 50 yard berm with a pistol.

Thought shooting 25 and 50 yards was common handgun practice. Bigger guns 75 and 100 too.

Maybe some folks only do that 7 yard indoor stuff.

I believe LEO's practice 7, 15, and 20 yds. That young man was phenomenal.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

In fact, he did not break the law. A store policy is not a law.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jeffbird
You notice I used a question mark. Sarcasm. I well know it wasn't luck. One hit may be luck, 8 out of 10, no way it wasn't skill and nerve.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
In the article I saw the left reduced the Good Sam's actions to 'self defense'.

Clearly he put himself in added danger while also defending the lives of many people who were complete strangers to him.

I'd say it's a safe bet that the left-wing media will not find a single person who was present that day, who is not thankful for the quick and decisive actions of this brave young man.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Has he been identified as a racist/white supremacist yet?

Mathew 22: 37-39

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
My AMT Backup .45 ACP with a horrendously heavy double action only trigger pull, a 3" barrel, and nothing but a milled slot down the top of the slide for "sights" can keep all my shots on a standard silhouette target at a 50 foot indoor range when I get the trigger rythm right. It takes a pretty good bit of practice to stay proficient, and my hands get sore if I do that very often. The same grouping is easy with my Polish P-64 in 9 X 18. Accurate fire at 25 yards with a 1911 is ridiculously easy.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

We shoot at claybirds with handguns and rifles. 22 rifles mostly.
Off hand, out to 100 yards.
50 yards is pretty easy with my G19.

Have run a cylinder on the 44 at 100, but 2-4 is more common.
Scope on the 22s, opens on the pistols.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't forget our shero in Charlottesville that plugged that felon with the AR. She is still anonymous, but should get a medal.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by jeffbird
You notice I used a question mark. Sarcasm. I well know it wasn't luck. One hit may be luck, 8 out of 10, no way it wasn't skill and nerve.

I was responding to the media’s uninformed premise and concurring with you. 👍

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Fubarski
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

It looks more and more like that every day.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by kennyd
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
and the left is screaming that the 22 year old that stopped the rampage was ILLEGALLY carrying a gun in a posted mall. He should have been arrested.

Wasnt it illegal for the bad guy to have guns?

Any idea on the gun? 40 yards is a hell of a long shot
Good on that kid, but 40 - 50 is not really a hard shot if you have practiced.

He was shooting a Glock 19, not an easy gun to shoot at distance- crappy trigger and barrel. He was under incredible duress. Very, very few cops could have done that well. I was a LEO firearms instructor up until i retired. That was some great shooting and very heads-up actions all around

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://m.facebook.com/relfordlaw

Link to his lawyer’s Facebook page. Send your thanks to shooter for stopping the mass murderer.

[Linked Image from ]
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1eyedmule, 1Longbow, 65 invisible), 2,714 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,203
Posts18,503,714
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.