Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Back to the original question...yes or no..on legalization. In Calif as it was written on the ballot it sounded great. Some control of the industry, a new source of revenue, and freedom to put what you want in your body. Sounded like win-win. It passed comfortably. But greedy DEM legislature just taxed and regulated the product to the point it made black market dope profitable again. The cartels, Mex, Asian etc. had unlimited financial backing, the old hippies couldn't begin to compete again...so it's cartel run completely. The cartels had the money to hire the geneticists to produce the most powerful sticky resin bud ever made, and the grow equipped greenhouses to boost production to unheard of yields. Trouble was the cartels don't give a schidt about anything, environment, water, laws....it's profit here and now, all that matters. So my advice, regardless of where you are on personal drug use, if you care about long term, the land, rural economy, crime, water...vote no.

That’s what happens to every market when you stomp out capitalism and promote corrupt government.

It has nothing to do with marijuana.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Let's make everything legal. Fentanyl, meth, weed, heroin. If you're an adult, decide what goes into your body

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This country's going to pot.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Let's make everything legal. Fentanyl, meth, weed, heroin. If you're an adult, decide what goes into your body

Fine with me.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Willie and Merl had a song like that.

Reefer madness gonna B the end of civilization!

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by deflave
[quote=steve4102]

So, although these states do not issue Booze Cards, they do deny the Right to Carry to a Boozer.

Am I supposed to support this too?

Because I sure as fugk don't.
FL Carry Law and booze.

. This is another place where the law is tricky to understand. Florida gun law states that you can carry with a permit in a restaurant, but not if it serves alcohol.
Since many restaurants have their liquor licenses, Floridians have tweaked this requirement.
If the main purpose of the establishment is to serve food, but you can buy alcohol with your meal: feel free to carry. If an establishment has a dedicated bar section, your gun is not welcome there.
If it’s a fully licensed bar with no other purpose, like nightclubs, carrying is illegal.

https://miamicriminaldefense.com/7-...out-florida-gun-law-and-weapons-charges/

It is unlawful and punishable as provided in subsection (4) for any person who is under the influence of alcoholic beverages, any chemical substance set forth in s. 877.111, or any substance controlled under chapter 893, when affected to the extent that his or her normal faculties are impaired, to use a firearm in this state.
(4) Any person who violates subsection (3) commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...RL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.151.html
So? I'd still carry, screw stupid laws.

Do you carry in bars and in restaurants that make more than 51% of their income off of alcohol sales?
You do know that TX is the only State in the Union that makes it a Felony to do so.

Get caught with a carry gun in a bar in TX and you could lose your Second Amendments right for life.
I'm not doing anything for a cop to interact with me, so I don't worry about it. I seldom go to bars anyway.

Roger, next time you go out to eat at a place that also serves booze, be sure to ask for a manager or better yet the CPA for the business. Ask them if they make more than 51% of their "income" (is that gross or net???) on booze.

Do you get to subtract the value of the pineapple juice in your MaiTai, and the profit made on it, from their receipts for the purpose of determining the 51% threshold?
No need to ask, business owners are already required to post signs indicating whether they are a 51% or not.

https://www.texas3006.com/signs.php

Do we have to read all the signs on the doors just to get a burger?[/quote]
Only if you want to.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Back to the original question...yes or no..on legalization. In Calif as it was written on the ballot it sounded great. Some control of the industry, a new source of revenue, and freedom to put what you want in your body. Sounded like win-win. It passed comfortably. But greedy DEM legislature just taxed and regulated the product to the point it made black market dope profitable again. The cartels, Mex, Asian etc. had unlimited financial backing, the old hippies couldn't begin to compete again...so it's cartel run completely. The cartels had the money to hire the geneticists to produce the most powerful sticky resin bud ever made, and the grow equipped greenhouses to boost production to unheard of yields. Trouble was the cartels don't give a schidt about anything, environment, water, laws....it's profit here and now, all that matters. So my advice, regardless of where you are on personal drug use, if you care about long term, the land, rural economy, crime, water...vote no.

Good points flintlocke.

A big part of the problem is the illegality of MJ in other places though. A lot of that pot is not going to licensed stores in legal states. It's being shipped out to places where it's not legal. If there weren't a market, they wouldn't be in that business. And there are markets everywhere, but especially in States where it's still illegal.

Happens right up the road from you:

MEDFORD — Over a million dollars in cash and 16 firearms were found when law enforcement raided a packing and shipping business in Medford that was a front for unlawfully shipping unlicensed cannabis.

After a year of investigating, Illegal Marijuana Enforcement Team (IMET) detectives along with Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), and Southern Oregon High Tech Crimes Task Force (SOHTCTF) searched ProPack & Ship on the 2700 block of West Main Street in Medford the morning of May 13.

"The business is suspected of illegally shipping black-market marijuana throughout the U.S," said a release from the Jackson County Sheriff's Office. "The investigation identified a local business, residence, and multiple suspects involved in the illegal activity."

One of those suspects was 53-year-old Jonathan James Quintero, who the team interviewed at the business. Criminal charges are pending further investigation.

The second suspect, 28-year-old Matthew James Sachen was interviewed when detectives searched his residence on the 2500 block of Tahitian Avenue in Medford. Sachen's charges are also pending.

While searching the house on Tahitian Ave and ProPack & Ship, the detectives found $1,191,970 in cash and 16 firearms.

"The money seized is the suspected proceeds of the illegal shipping business and is being criminally forfeited through HSI," JCSO said. "This case is being reviewed by the Assistant United States Attorneys (AUSA) for federal prosecution and additional suspects have been identified."

Investigations are still open and ongoing with detectives working on additional leads.

https://ktvl.com/news/local/propack...t-jonathan-james-quintero-matthew-sachen

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Yeah,

and let's make it OK to sell my neighbor a dozen eggs and some lettuce from the garden without having a permit.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Dude, selling eggs without a permit? I can't believe you posted that on a public forum, it's been nice knowing ya.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[quote=stxhunter]

Do you carry in bars and in restaurants that make more than 51% of their income off of alcohol sales?
You do know that TX is the only State in the Union that makes it a Felony to do so.

Get caught with a carry gun in a bar in TX and you could lose your Second Amendments right for life.
I'm not doing anything for a cop to interact with me, so I don't worry about it. I seldom go to bars anyway.

Roger, next time you go out to eat at a place that also serves booze, be sure to ask for a manager or better yet the CPA for the business. Ask them if they make more than 51% of their "income" (is that gross or net???) on booze.

Do you get to subtract the value of the pineapple juice in your MaiTai, and the profit made on it, from their receipts for the purpose of determining the 51% threshold?
No need to ask, business owners are already required to post signs indicating whether they are a 51% or not.

Do we have to read all the signs on the doors just to get a burger?
Only if you want to.

OK Steve, we get it.

You're afraid of pot smokers carrying guns.

But, probably not boozers, unless the state says it's OK unless their BAC is over some arbitrary limit in the State one happens to be in.

In it is contentment

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
Dude, selling eggs without a permit? I can't believe you posted that on a public forum, it's been nice knowing ya.
I don't sell them silly, I don't have a permit to do so.

I may barter them for some paper coupons with fancy engraving on them.

I happen to collect paper coupons with fancy engraving.

Last edited by Valsdad; 07/20/22.

In it is contentment

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
OK Steve, we get it.

But, probably not boozers, unless the state says it's OK unless their BAC is over some arbitrary limit in the State one happens to be in.

If I was given the choice of dealing with a drunk with a gun or a pot smoker with a gun, there's no doubt in my mind which one I'd choose.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OK Steve, we get it.

If I was given the choice of dealing with a drunk with a gun or a pot smoker with a gun, there's no doubt in my mind which one I'd choose.
Most skeert I ever been was with seven Sheriff's deputies, and the friggen helicopter overhead, surrounding me with weapons pointed at me in a case of mistaken ID.

I didn't ask if any of them smoked pot. Given the demography of the Department at the time, I'd guess at least one was a boozer.

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Weed is now "mainstream" in Montana. The only difference I've noticed is I smell it a bit more often in the parking lot at the grocery. And the stupid pun names for all the pot shops, which aren't real busy.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
[quote=stxhunter]

Only if you want to.

OK Steve, we get it.

LOL, I’m not afraid of pot smokers carrying and I’m not afraid of boozers carrying guns. I’m just pointing out the laws that already exist on the Federal Level and in various states.

You should actually check into these laws if you are going to carry, without me spoon feeding them to you of course.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[quote=stxhunter]

Only if you want to.

OK Steve, we get it.

LOL, I’m not afraid of pot smokers carrying and I’m not afraid of boozers carrying guns. I’m just pointing out the laws that already exist on the Federal Level and in various states.

You should actually check into these laws if you are going to carry, without me spoon feeding them to you of course.

That "You" ^^^ up there being the collective you I hope, and not meaning me.

I don't smoke pot, cigarettes even, nor drink, so those type laws don't pertain to me.

And I've checked into a lot of things, not only regarding carry, and will continue to live my life as required.

Let the chips fall where they may.

Last edited by Valsdad; 07/20/22.

In it is contentment

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

7-21-2501. Definition of term huckster. Within the meaning of this part, any person engaged or employed in the business of buying and selling farm products who disposes of such products by selling them at retail to consumers by going from house to house is a huckster.

Need a premit in Montana to huck sheit

Last edited by KRAKMT; 07/20/22.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Well thank God for those laws because now drunk people won’t use or carry guns.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KRAKMT

7-21-2501. Definition of term huckster. Within the meaning of this part, any person engaged or employed in the business of buying and selling farm products who disposes of such products by selling them at retail to consumers by going from house to house is a huckster.

Need a premit in Montana to huck sheit

And if I don't go "house to house"?

And I don't live in Montanny either. grin

Oh, and I sell nothing.

I barter. If they had a pound of butter I'd take that in lieu of the paper coupons with the fancy engravings.

In it is contentment

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 007FJ, 1234, 1_deuce, 50 invisible), 1,783 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,106
Posts18,522,542
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.