Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Boy...you are obsessed with me.

You want me to send you one of those "rags" you always talk about?

I am MAGA.
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Boomer454
It's a Euro thing, you wouldn't understand...

Tell us.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Stick, please knock off this crap.

You have a lot to offer the readers here, but sniping at people you dislike just wastes what could have been an enjoyable thread.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I own ONE S&B. Bought it because everyone said it was the cat's meow. Yes they are quite good, peerless glass, but what exactly do you get for the price over a more reasonably priced scope? MAYBE five minutes of light? I won't buy another.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I own ONE S&B. Bought it because everyone said it was the cat's meow. Yes they are quite good, peerless glass, but what exactly do you get for the price over a more reasonably priced scope? MAYBE five minutes of light? I won't buy another.

What do you prefer?

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Tell us.

Mostly a joke, but here people are super allergic to FFP reticles, most hunting here just doesn't require rangefinding and dialling. The best selling scopes here also routinely have higher magnification ranges than those that sell best over there. I don't exactly know why, but game size and low light hunting probably play into it. Not to mention that the German hunter likes having the latest and greatest gear but will nearly always still keep shots inside 200yds no matter the gear. Hell, if enough people write them they'll offer a BDC in no time I bet.

Personally, I would have quite liked it if the turrets were a little sleeker.

They don't make 'em like they used to

Don't tread on me

Nothing runs like a Deere
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Tell us.

Mostly a joke, but here people are super allergic to FFP reticles, most hunting here just doesn't require rangefinding and dialling. The best selling scopes here also routinely have higher magnification ranges than those that sell best over there. I don't exactly know why, but game size and low light hunting probably play into it. Not to mention that the German hunter likes having the latest and greatest gear but will nearly always still keep shots inside 200yds no matter the gear. Hell, if enough people write them they'll offer a BDC in no time I bet.

Personally, I would have quite liked it if the turrets were a little sleeker.

Thanks.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

Like every manufacturer's products, there are some that fit a user's preferences and some that don't. If you find a product that meets your preferences better than another, and it's in a price range you're ok with, what you really get for the price is "what you want".

I've not had a S&B fail to adjust properly or lose zero (yet)....so reliability is one of the biggest reasons for me.
I've been very pleased with the glass....but lots of scopes have good enough glass.
They have several models with well designed hunting reticles. Some of those double as good "shooting" reticles if you like to play long.
The ONE biggie for me is their 6x42 PMII, fixed power, reliable, simple, good glass, zero stopped, good hunting reticle that doubles as a good shooting reticle....again, user preference on what a person likes.

Buy what you prefer that fits your budget if it's "what you want".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've had a few other brands that have never lost zero or fail to track for a lot less money, a lot less. For example a Swaro PH 1.5x6X42 (same as the S&B) do exactly the same for less, then so have my (no longer manufactured ) Leupold (the horror) 1.75X6X 32 for a LOT less. Granted the S&B's glass is much better, but not at four times the price which is my point. Hell, I have some forty plus year old Weavers that I've never touched the adjustments. My only point is Swaros and many other Euroglass are just not worth the money. Most of their price has to do with labor coasts of course.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've had a few other brands that have never lost zero or fail to track for a lot less money, a lot less. For example a Swaro PH 1.5x6X42 (same as the S&B) do exactly the same for less, then so have my (no longer manufactured ) Leupold (the horror) 1.75X6X 32 for a LOT less. Granted the S&B's glass is much better, but not at four times the price which is my point. Hell, I have some forty plus year old Weavers that I've never touched the adjustments. My only point is Swaros and many other Euroglass are just not worth the money. Most of their price has to do with labor coasts of course.

They are if you do much hunting in very dim light... or darkness. We can legally hunt an hour after dark here. Most any scope is good in bright light.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I'm sure someone will chime in with a S&B that they've seen fail, but I've never seen one break. That for me is the main reason to choose one, much like a Nightforce. I have one of the 1.75-6x32 Leupolds on a .375 H&H and it's never given me any problems, but Leupold's reputation for reliability certainly isn't in the S&B category. If I were going to take that rifle on a once in a lifetime hunt I'd much rather have the S&B riding it than the Leupold, no matter what the price.

S&B's work like they're supposed to work and that's something you can't say about a whole lot of products nowadays. They're just a quality scope.

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

Sorry, I understand your point is focused on cost.

The point of the original post was S&B's missing a measured FFP hunting reticle in a scope that should have it. I should have stayed on point.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Cumrag,

You are doing "GREAT!"...you "lucky" Kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart.

Perhaps start a GoFundMe for your S&B desires?!?

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Great family, Stick! Good looking kid.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

They are worth the $$ to many of us. I'm the first to admit that there is a diminishing return cost/benefit on optics. This is true for riflescopes, binoculars, spotting scopes and rangefinders.
But if you have to have the very best, and you are spending serious $$$ on hunting, it's worth it. S&B scopes have served me very well over the years.

The money I have spent on hunts (fees, travel, hotels, meals, taxidermy etc.) have far exceeded my equipment costs. My equipment is twenty years old and been on a lot of hunts. I only paid for it once. smile

Last edited by mrmarklin; 07/21/22.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby

They are if you do much hunting in very dim light... or darkness. We can legally hunt an hour after dark here. Most any scope is good in bright light.

Most any $350 scope nowadays has glass that will get you to/past legal shooting light, including the Chicom stuff. A good reticle is just as important.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you Crying Kchunts amassed "all" the rounds you "shoot" in a year,it wouldn't begin to fill a sandwich ziploc...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

20yrs of Pussification,ain't very "hard" on wares,nor is talking about The Outdoors.You Drooling Fhuqktards couldn't "critique" a rifle scope,with all your Dumbfhuqktitude bolted together. Hint.

Bless your Day Dreaming hearts and "hard charging" ways.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kchuntly Kchunts...is this not "fair". HINT.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by czech1022

You have a lot to offer the readers here, but sniping at people you dislike just wastes what could have been an enjoyable thread.

There's the joke of the day. About as much to offer as the demented moron in the white house. Offers mumbling bullschitt, 20 year old pictures, and the attitude of a lunatic woman with PMS. All the other forums booted his ass out forever. He kisses the moderators ass here, so gets the pass to pollute an otherwise decent page.

Best thing he says is:

***you are ignoring this user***. Really pisses the NPD troll off. Fuqquing laffin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ah yes, seems likes old times... Laffin

Coyotes shot no waiting.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by czech1022

There's the joke of the day. About as much to offer as the demented moron in the white house. Offers mumbling bullschitt, 20 year old pictures, and the attitude of a lunatic woman with PMS. All the other forums booted his ass out forever. He kisses the moderators ass here, so gets the pass to pollute an otherwise decent page.

Best thing he says is:

***you are ignoring this user***. Really pisses the NPD troll off. Fuqquing laffin

Ken,

Agree his language, and his "insults", may be "abrasive" to some, but his knowledge of schitt is open for everyone on here to absorb - language be darned.
About the only member who has helped, directly or otherwise, with my questions - get over the Fhuqking language, man!

Hint: Don't know you, or Stick. And, don't have the slightest interest in doing so.

Last edited by CopperSolid; 07/21/22.

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1minute, 160user, 21, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,674 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,855
Posts18,478,502
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.