-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Clod is a treasure,don't even think about killin this dog.

I train blood trailing dogs for a large southern hunting plantation. I use labs and clod has the right stuff.

I bet if you put a leash on him and put him on a blood trail he'll find whatever is at the end of it.

Send him to me if you don't want him around.We'll make him famous.

Britt

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
baloney. That dog aint a goin nowhere. He has been at the door scratchin an whining to get outside ever since we drug him in this morning.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
So we wait until the dog chases a running kid and takes him/her down?
Are you really as dog ignorant as you seem? Animal aggression in a hound mix is the norm. It does not translate in any way to human aggression. Dog's, raised by human beings, are under the impression that they themselves are human beings, or that human beings are dogs, i.e., they believe that we are the same species as they, which is why they can "join our pack" and live among us. There are dogs that believe they are sheep, too, and therefore don't attack sheep, and will kill a predator that threatens them. Should we take their willingness to kill a predator as cause for concern that they will one day kill a sheep? That's just as illogical as what you said.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This one's name is Sam. I'll probably keep him myself.

[Linked Image]

He is the one that's awake. grin

Britt

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Do you have a screw loose?

Ya jerkoff. Why don't ya come over and try and tighten it for me.

From your comments so far, I suspect your screw is so completely stripped there's no point in trying to tighten it for you.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Britt,

Nice southern whitetail. You covering up the brow tines or was he w/out? Beautiful choc lab, BTW.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Are you really as dog ignorant as you seem? Animal aggression in a hound mix is the norm. It does not translate in any way to human aggression. Dog's, raised by human beings, are under the impression that they themselves are human beings, or that human beings are dogs, i.e., they believe that we are the same species as they, which is why they can "join our pack" and live among us

Had a Cocker that would chase my son when he ran, nock him down and nip at his ear lobes. One day my young daughter was sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor. She was twirling a tupperware cover on the carpet with her finger, swinging her head so her long hair was swishing around. Cocker was sitting next to her, looking at her like he was in a trance. Wife called me into the kitchen, she didn't like the look in the Cockers eyes. Just as I entered the doorway the cocker lunged at our daughter, bit her on her cheek. Dog never showed agression towards my daughter prior to the attack, he never got another chance to show agression towards anyone................................................

Hate to say it, we've recently had two people killed by Pits. One was an older gentelman out for an evening jog, the other was an infant. The owners of both dogs swore the Pits never showed agression. Both dogs were "family" dogs.

Looks like your theory kinda clashes with reality.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Grind the deer up for Dog food, keep your mouth shut about it bury the hide and offal deep. Oh yea cut clod off a nice steak or two he deserves it. Start teaching him to hunt with you if that is legal where you live.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
No sight of that cougar, but everythings pretty ancy and nervous. The other 2 dogs wont leave the house, mr common sence himself (clod) is out followin scent trails. Couple deer went by in the lower property,made it about half way through before they tweaked out. Clod didnt see them.

Watched clod follow that scent trail across his 3 acres, before standin up on a tree an bawlin. Nothin in the tree though.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, MB, ........you watch yer' topknot, and don't let you or yours ( Ole' Clod included, for sure ) get cat-scratched.

Luck,

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
nieghbors are aware of it now. The coffee girl up the road decided that walking her rat dog at 4:30 before work wasnt a good idea!

We'll get him, what a way to wake up though. Cougar screamin, pumps chambered,mom barkin unneccessary orders lol.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mr. Bigmbass,

The deer had no brow tines and that is why I shot him. Sam is a blood trailing dog that belongs to the family and lives at my house.

This year he will spend hunting season finding wounded deer at Pushmataha Plantation where my wife works.

Britt

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mud bogger, would seem that clod was inocent. If you have any doubt, find a good trainer. People get sent to rehab when they screw up, and it sounds like you like Clod more than some people grin(cant blame you). Im suprised nobody here recomended sending him to a good trainer to break him of the habit befor the big cat came into the Picture. Im sure that you could find someone that has experiance breaking dogs of their bad habits.

Hope its a mute point and That cat doesnt cause you any more trouble.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
I was really thinkin it was clod. But me an my dad went down and looked over the deer. I dont think he could have done the ammount of damage that was done. I meanmaybe if the deer was dead and clod had time, but not while the deer was alive. And after the cougar today, it kinda confirms things.

And yeah I like that dog more than alot of people. Hell he's more people than alot of people I know.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Are you really as dog ignorant as you seem? Animal aggression in a hound mix is the norm. It does not translate in any way to human aggression. Dog's, raised by human beings, are under the impression that they themselves are human beings, or that human beings are dogs, i.e., they believe that we are the same species as they, which is why they can "join our pack" and live among us

Had a Cocker that would chase my son when he ran, nock him down and nip at his ear lobes. One day my young daughter was sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor. She was twirling a tupperware cover on the carpet with her finger, swinging her head so her long hair was swishing around. Cocker was sitting next to her, looking at her like he was in a trance. Wife called me into the kitchen, she didn't like the look in the Cockers eyes. Just as I entered the doorway the cocker lunged at our daughter, bit her on her cheek. Dog never showed agression towards my daughter prior to the attack, he never got another chance to show agression towards anyone................................................

Hate to say it, we've recently had two people killed by Pits. One was an older gentelman out for an evening jog, the other was an infant. The owners of both dogs swore the Pits never showed agression. Both dogs were "family" dogs.

Looks like your theory kinda clashes with reality.
Deviance from the norm in no way disproves the norm. For example, it's normal for children to love their parents. From time to time, however, children murder their parents. Shall we take from this that it is the nature of children to murder their parents? I have not claimed that no dog ever turned on its human family. Cockers are particularly known for this. All that I said was that aggression towards animals is no indicator of a tendency for aggression towards people. There is a zero correlation between the two phenomena.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rather than presume to know what you should do, I'll offer my praise for your asking what you should do, because you obviously know there's a problematic situation here with the dog (given your later comments in the thread).

I'd keep a very close and potentially harsh eye on the dog if it were mine.

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. -- Daniel Webster
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Its not the dog. Its a cougar. We have seen him several times now, but not gotten off a shot. Aparently he's moved in. There are 3 places that he can be holing up, Only thing is that I dont dare go into 2 of them.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Good luck on nailing the cat and I'm glad you investigated first instead of shooting first as some had suggested. It would be a tough thing to find out you shot an innocent dog based on a rash decision.

[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
There woulda been A deer fence put up on his 3 acres and a considerable ammount of anti-deer training as well, if it had prooven to be him.

But there was no way in hell that I would have shot my my buddie.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (257Bob, 12344mag, 260Remguy, 25classic, 2500HD, 222Sako, 55 invisible), 2,659 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,294
Posts18,486,988
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.