Hop To
#17450754 07/23/22
C
colodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
I finally ordered a Gamo Urban so I could try a PCP on the cheap and I'm liking the gun!

I wanted a rifle with a small air tank so it would be pump friendly and wouldn't require a scuba tank or compressor.
(112 pumps from empty to full) I'll check how many pumps to top it off after 30 shots.

Light weight,6-3/4 lbs plus scope
5 year warranty
Decent accuracy so far, 1-1/2" at 30 yards with Crosman Premier 14.3gr while sitting. I've only shot 60 pellets so far... will test more tomorrow.
I scoped it with a Meuller 4.5-14 AO 30mm tube, left over from a 22 rimfire rifle.
I'll test it from a bench of course to see which pellet it prefers.

Ordered from the Gamo Store on Amazon $249 plus a cheap Chinese pump.

I've seen the name change Gamo Urban to Gamo Urban Fusion but I don't know if they're switching production from U.K. to Spain or what?
This one is U.K. with a hammer forged barrel, BSA maybe?

The trigger needs to be adjusted, It's squishy and the second stage is long and mushy but I'm not afraid to tinker a bit.
The air probe is set up for quick-couple connecting so no adapter is needed.

It's very quiet compared to my Diana 350N-Tech and even the TX200

It's a different machine than I'm used to but it may need to go squirrel and bunny hunting so I can really compare them.

I'll report more on accuracy as soon as I get some time from the bench.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
18 grain JSB are usually an accurate pellet.

C
colodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks Terry,
I'll have to look to see if I have the 18gr JSB. I have a bunch of the Crosman 14.3, some JSB Hades , H&N FTT, H&N Excite plinker flat front and a couple others.
The first priority is running to town for an M2.5mm x .45mm x 8mm screw to replace the trigger adjuster screw with one that allows more adjustment and a workable 2nd stage. Youtube guys have already figured this rifle out.

I took it out this morning after chores and before the heat cranked up and ran 30 H&N plinkers through it. It's fun!
I need to get the bipod out and the bench for some testing but the trigger first!

It's going to be a handy hunter but it doesn't feel like a classic heritage rifle to pass down to the next generation.
It certainly doesn't cost like one either...

It reminds me of a Ruger American or Savage 110, light, accurate, functional, fun and I won't be afraid to drag it through the woods.

Have a great weekend!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

C
colodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Just an update on the Urban.
I had a slow leak that would drain the tank overnight so I checked you tube for the likely causes.
The usual suspect o-ring was bad on mine too so I did A minor surgery to replace the bad o-ring and it's back together. 15 minutes.

The trigger spring is a little too firm but replacing one screw made it much better in second stage.

So it's holding air and the trigger is improved, it was time for testing from a bench.

Between rain storms I tested the Crosman 14.3 and Predator GTO 11.75gr non-lead at 30 yards, 10 shot groups with each I could cover with a dime.

The GTO are very fast and the Crosman hit to the same point of aim so now I need to test all the other pellets and at a longer distance.

It's always fun to test out a new rifle, Shoot Straight!

Isak Dinesen

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Good to hear you got it sorted out.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

247 members (257 mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 20 invisible), 1,724 guests, and 1,022 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,388
Posts18,469,810
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.