Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The good ones can tell someone where to go, how to get there and what to do once they arrive.......................... and make em think it was a compliment.

I ain't one of those either grin

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by Ngrumba
Originally Posted by Powerguy
GM settled

Looks like Chrysler is settling

UAW flexed its muscles, gotta love solidarity!

GM will be gone in 10 years - bet on it.

If that's so, it won't be because of unions. The bulk of the blame goes squarely on management, with most of what's left assigned to government. Between the waste and bad decisions in management and damaging government influence, it's a wonder some of the large corporations can stay afloat.

A closer look will show you how GM has put itself into bad favor with the American car buyer. The policies that have caused this have little or nothing to do with organized labor. But every good management team likes to blame all it's troubles on the union, if it has one. What's funny is that so many people fall right into lock-step-thinking with the clowns that destroy a business from the top, with this "blame the unions" theme.

It's not "just" the fault of the UAW. They don't design the cars, just build em. It's a combination of a lot of things as you mention. However, I just spent a week shopping for a car for my daughter (bought a Honda Accord) and drove Chevies, Fords, Toyotas, Nissans, VWs, and Mazdas. The Japanese cars were miles ahead in quality for the $$. Even though the Honda was assembled in Tennessee, the quality was much better than an Impala which was the same price. I have a 2006 F150 that I have had multitudes of quality issues. It's on it's 2nd camshaft, because it wasn't "assembled" right the first time. I've had 4 Toyotas including two Landcruisers and 2 Hondas. Each of my Toyotas has gone 200K+ miles with "ZERO" problems. One Honda has 145K+ (so far) Gas/oil/tires/brakes - that's it.

The consumer doesn't care if it's mgt, the union or what - they want value for the $$. When unionized products cost more and you are getting less - you spend you money elsewhere. Simple economics. Chysler/GM/Ford are bleeding red ink. Toyota and Honda are making money hand over fist. hmmmmmm---wonder why?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Bart185
Originally Posted by sledder

This whole problem you've chosen to air on the net whorehay,is all your own doing. But somehow in your own twisted mind its somehow a union problem.

I see it very differently....
I see you are a disrespectful jackass....
sledder...You are a fool...

Actually bart,since you'd like to get in on this also.Lets run your situation by you.

Here about a month ago you're crying about some coworker that supposedly threatened you. At the time I didn't think much about it.You whine on here all the time anyway,nothing was unusual. Then weeks later,you post that you now are out of work due to a disability.Pretty convienant

I've seen your situation before bart. You got tired of working every day,so you figured you'd try the company lotto out and see if you couldn't get a pay out.That didn't work,but you did start a paper trail for yourself,in hopes of later being able to make it pay.Not only that,employers have gotten fed up with bickering in the work place among coworkers,so they've resorted to firing both involved parties and allowing a labor board to sort it out and possibly taking back the employee that is found innocent. You were informed of this bart by your union local,at which time you decided to "let it be".

Problem is,you still didn't want to go to work. So you resorted to the most popular ploy and that is "injury due to residual exsposure to the work place"You can always find a doctor that will agree that some damage or injury to your body,is the result of years in the work place.Unions and retirement boards even have these doctors on retainer.It also only works with a union job,because union workers are covered under the federal medical act,which actually compensates for injury.Rather then hand out 50 dollars for a lost arm like workers comp does.

Bart,you had what 12 years with a union and you hate them,but the fact is you'd still have to work like everyone else,if it weren't for their superior medical coverage.

You're not alone bart,I've seen arseholes go out and get a shrink in order to lay down a paper trail,only to later have a doctor discover that they have a bad disc in their back.Usually the result of water skiing or some other nonwork injury,that they still end up pawning off as work related. Judging by your pictures you've posted on here bart,I'd say your back problems are related to your oversized gut.A similar situation pregnant women have.

Don't cry to rick either,just because the cats out of the bag. You're not the only american in their 40's that is using a phoney personal injury to avoid work.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Folks, it's ok really. Sledder's obviously an illiterate moron who obviously can't read or comprehend anything above the level of a cretin as if he actually READ what I posted above, I installed the heater myself in about an hour.

On the issue of Navy pay, he once again demonstrates his zygot intelligence by failing to comprehend BACK THEN that LTs didn't make that much. But just to really pi$$ you off sledder, Navy LT's make close to 85K and that not including the 100K bonus for re-upping after their 8 year mark, and we are STILL underpaid. A Carrier CO with close to five thousand people working for him for example, a multi-BILLION dollar enterprise to run, not to mention the responsibility, only pulls in about 120k/year.

WE can make a LOT more on the outside, but there is such a thing as DUTY, something which obviously escapes your chickenshit, noload azz. Oh and one more thing, when I retire next year on a 75K retirement after thirty years, I already have a job lines up with one of those Fortune 500 companies you loathe for a LOT more than I'm making now. Doesn't that just make your day? jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow....
You should move out of your parents house and go to Hollywood...
Remember...Never ASSUME too much....
You also forgot that my achilles tendon has separated from the bursa sack on my right heel....
Also....You type like you ain't scared of much...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by jorgeI

On the issue of Navy pay, he once again demonstrates his zygot intelligence by failing to comprehend BACK THEN that LTs didn't make that much. But just to really pi$$ you off sledder, Navy LT's make close to 85K and that not including the 100K bonus for re-upping after their 8 year mark, and we are STILL underpaid. A Carrier CO with close to five thousand people working for him for example, a multi-BILLION dollar enterprise to run, not to mention the responsibility, only pulls in about 120k/year.

noload azz.

So what the [bleep] are you crying about whorehay. Its sounds like you're being over paid.

You are the foremost expert on handling load though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sledder...
Who do you deliver pizzas for?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How the Fishing out there Jorge? Bartyou been to the lake lately? Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Bart185
You also forgot that my achilles tendon has separated from the bursa sack on my right heel....

So bart whats the real story on the achilles tendon. You're just out of shape and overweight.Coupling this with your back injury will help even more with the personal injury claim. Sounds like you've got it figured out. Pretty typical those that are really injured work anyway,those like you bart play the system to the hilt.Probably one of the few downsides to unions.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bart, are the Bass still biting there in the big lake? Les

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Violator22
Bart, are the Bass still biting there in the big lake? Les

I got something hooked as we speak....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I see that, looks to me like a bottom sucking carp. grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
V22: Bad day for fishing here in P'Cola today, even had a couple of Tornadoes touch down. Heavy rain & thunder right now. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ya keepin yer head down then I take it? C'mon, are you telling me a little bit of a wind will keep you from dropping lines? grin

Last edited by Violator22; 10/18/07.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
So bart whats your fictional work related injury going to pay out. Or are you still in limbo and hoping this act you're playing actually pays out. I'd say you're still waiting.

One thing I wouldn't do bart.I wouldn't go running around like you have been. These damn companies are getting smart.They've started videoing your silly ass bart,doing all the physical [bleep] at home that supposedly you can't do at work. Don't worry bart,they haven't seen you playing with yourself.Yet.Anyway,they knew you played with yourself at work also.So it wont help their case.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Les....
You smell something?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Violator22
C'mon, are you telling me a little bit of a blow job will keep you from dropping lines? grin

What barts trying to say,is he's still trying to get the taste out of his mouth from the last one he gave.

Barts kinda silly.He's totally convinced that these blow jobs he gives are going to lower unemployment in texas.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Sledder the more you're on this post the more of the non-union mexican scabs come out of the woodwork. They come on here and knock anyone that doesn't agree with their political ideals and when you express your opinions they yell for Rick to kick you off the site. I believe their version of freedom of speech was invented in Communist China. When Rick won't help them they yell back and forth like a pack of dogs with a sore azz.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
deleted

Last edited by Violator22; 10/18/07.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Yes,enough has been said. Bart has ran to rick already and I got a pm about it from rick.

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,589 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,391
Posts18,527,800
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.