Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I served 25 years on active duty and retired in 2014. But I would not serve under these clowns

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
But think how easy it would be now.

Nice clean porto potties, I see now in the range areas at Fort Campbell. I ducked into one 2 weeks ago. Clean blue water, no mexicans stealing the TP.
No holes to dig.

Less push ups

Throw your Yellow Card down if you feel you are being yelled at or humiliated.

Chocolate sprinkles at the chow hall, strawberry milk mate.

All types of benefits, incentives, paid this, paid that, TDY, get paid to sit on butt and earn a World Lit degree, take summer off get paid to take 2 college courses.

Get 30 days off a year

Take the day off before a 3 day weekend, domza or whatever the fouck

Do 4 years and come out and go claim PTSD, get $4,000 a month for seeing a dead dog stateside. Go buy a new F150, get a shît ton of tats, smoke dope now with that PTSD money, buy a Road King and join an urban vets MC club with other like-minded BFFs. Roll around up and down slumlord’s road playing Steve Miller band on your motorcycle speakers all hours of the day and night.
You missed your life’s calling. You would have been a hell of a recruiter!!!😂

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by kwg020
Joe won't be around much longer. I think now would be a great time to join. Lot's of promotable slots. Rank should fall into your hands instead of working for it. The down side is poor leadership when the stripes are not earned. But, at 18 and you can retire at 38 with a pension, it's a good risk.

kwg

My son got out 3 weeks ago. It's a clown show. Rank is not easily attained, they keep playing games between Spec4 and corporal - leadership at the senior NCO level is horrible. Beyond horrible - I've seen the texts they send their troops - I wouldn't let them run a lemonade stand these days.

Agreed. My Son is out in December

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wouldn't do it if for no other reason than I refuse to be vaxxed. I was in the Nat Guard in the 70's. Now they're decimating the NG by kicking out the unvaxxed soldiers.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Not even a thought for me there is no way I’d enlist.

There was a time when we could at least believe (whether it was true or not is open for debate knowing what we know now) that our country and its military was a force for good in the world. Not anymore.

Originally Posted by WTM45
Yes.

I'm for making it mandatory.

Highly disturbing that anyone would think that the govt owns its citizens (actually such a view would make them subjects not citizens) to this extent.

I am for every individual being free to choose the way he’d like to serve his country and his neighbors. If he chooses the armed forces for that purpose that is fine; I tend to think there are other ways to accomplish the goal that are better for the individual and the community both.

I do agree that we all need to be more community-service minded. That isn’t something that can be enforced by edict but taught by example.

IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
No. I enlisted after college at 22, for a lot of reasons but mainly just good old fashioned patriotism. During the Obama years I had a total shift in my mindset and decided no son of mine would be in today’s military if I had any say in the matter. Things have only gotten worse since then. Putting women in combat MOS, gays, and wokism are not things done by people who want to win, and I only want my kid to be on the winning team.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
No then and no now.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Yes, because I believe that every citizen who is mentally and physically capable should give some service to our Country. If we had more shared/common experiences, we would understand each other better.

I regret not serving my country in some capacity when I was 18. But that is 55 year old me talking now, not 18 year old me.

I agree, I should have gone to Vietnam!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
No Way

Not knowing what I do now.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Nope

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
IC B3

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
'm with rock chuck on this. I refuse to take the clot shot, plus I don't like the acceptance of the lgtb woke attitude of the leadership nowadays. I did serve in the 60's.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
My sig line expresses my opinion on this matter.

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, Here am I. Send me!

Isaiah 6:8
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Now, if someone, anyone, can figure out just how, to be eighteen again, he'll be a wealthy, wealthy man.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Yes, because I believe that every citizen who is mentally and physically capable should give some service to our Country. If we had more shared/common experiences, we would understand each other better.

We're sharing the common experience of Biden - that's enough.

I served under GW and was happy to do it. I enjoyed my service but even then, we had too many in that signed up but didn't really want to be there. It was a clown show - forced service would make the services worse/weaker 100% Culturally - we're not right for that. Not today.

260 couldn't stand the mean tweets.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I served in Army 83-86 ..no way in hell i would serve in the Army the things the liberals have done to the army and how the goverment is now .and everyone i served with and in contact with all say the same thing

NRA Life Member
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The Air Force would be the branch to join if someone was looking for 'easy'. < Combat - nope, Navy, out to sea a lot, Army, - combat, yes. Marines, same.

I lived in Biloxi [Keesler]22 years,, Fort Walton Beach [Elgin] for 13 years, met many people in the AF.

Many told me what their 'work day' was like smile ,, want the easiest quickest retirement for your kids? Air Force...
Everyone I knew was riding out a pension , although quite a few hated the military so bad they couldn't make 20 years.

Better yet do what Slumlord mentioned, get on military welfare.

My Grandpap served in WWII, told me that fighting wars around the world was BS, said Vietnam was the worst of all.

Pointed out how many died/crippled, money spent by the USA and how things went right back to how things were as soon as we left. Best I can tell. he was right.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
America's military today are all mercenaries for the globalists. Anything you can think of that serves America has been made illegal.

Nothing sponsored by the Federal Government serves America.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Man…great question! Hard to find a simple answer for me. If I was 18 again, and same high school hottie parted ways with me…and my brother, 2 cousins, and 4 buddies I ran with didn’t join, then the answer would possibly be NO. About 5 years after getting out of the Army, I started thinking, and still think today, that like the Israeli’s, we should have mandatory military service for every 18 year old that is physically and mentally able. Just my humble opinion, no soap box. So to not be a complete hypocrite…YES! Heck I don’t know. Today’s military certainly ain’t the armed services we grew up knowing, and being a part of!

Doc_Holidude

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ol_mike
The Air Force would be the branch to join if someone was looking for 'easy'. < Combat - nope, Navy, out to sea a lot, Army, - combat, yes. Marines, same.

I lived in Biloxi [Keesler]22 years,, Fort Walton Beach [Elgin] for 13 years, met many people in the AF.

Many told me what their 'work day' was like smile ,, want the easiest quickest retirement for your kids? Air Force...
Everyone I knew was riding out a pension , although quite a few hated the military so bad they couldn't make 20 years.

Better yet do what Slumlord mentioned, get on military welfare.

My Grandpap served in WWII, told me that fighting wars around the world was BS, said Vietnam was the worst of all.

Pointed out how many died/crippled, money spent by the USA and how things went right back to how things were as soon as we left. Best I can tell. he was right.

I served 4 years in the Navy. Never even SAW a ship, much less went to sea. Your rate makes your fate.

My son just did 4 years in the Army - never saw combat.

GF's boy is in the Air Force now - no combat but treated like a 2 year old.

I was stationed on an AF base - they treat their people like crap. Micromanage to the Nth degree. I couldn't, in good conscience tell anyone to join the AF it they can think for themselves just a little bit. It will drive them nuts.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Vietnam changed a lot of attitudes about patriotism. Thousands of our guys died over there in a political war that had nothing to do with American freedom. It was Johnson and his buddies protecting their investment in the oil wells off the Vietnam coast. My best friend enlisted in the navy and was put on a carrier. He served 2 tours in Nam. He said that when they approached the coastline for the 1st time, every man aboard ship knew exactly why we were there - the oil wells off the coast.
Every war we've been in since Korea has been undeclared and illegal under the constitution. We need to get our people out of the middle east and put them on the Mexican border with orders to shoot to kill.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 56 invisible), 3,100 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,896
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.