Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Yes, because I believe that every citizen who is mentally and physically capable should give some service to our Country. If we had more shared/common experiences, we would understand each other better.

Yes, I did and I would again. Everyone should perform some service to the country they live in.

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Esox357
Nope

This^^^

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Dancing Bear
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Yes, because I believe that every citizen who is mentally and physically capable should give some service to our Country. If we had more shared/common experiences, we would understand each other better.

Yes, I did and I would again. Everyone should perform some service to the country they live in.

My cousin went in in '93. He said it was a bunch of queers and women. Damn sure not the military my dad was in. It's way fu cking worse now.. By all means though..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would in a heart beat.. I served under 4 presidents, Clinton, bush, Obama, trump…

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Well today is certainly different than when I raised my hand and took the oath, however I believe it's important that we remember there are just some people that are meant for the Warrior lifestyle, it's what makes them seem complete. These folks won't be happy anywhere else than in a place where they get to play with expensive equipment, train all day and blow schitt up! LOL It's addictive.....and it can be difficult to let go of when it's time for you to leave.

Frog---OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 79S
I would in a heart beat.. I served under 4 presidents, Clinton, bush, Obama, trump…

Same here, started in 95 and retired in 2016. My son is currently a Marine as well. Cousin is an EOD Tech in the AF. Our family seems to be military oriented. Our Grandfathers and Great Uncles were Marines who landed on Iwo Jima, Bouganville, etc. Army Air Corps B24 pilots, Infantrymen in occupied Germany. I did alot of back and forth to Iraq and Afghanistan. While the wars we fought will be written similar to our brothers Vietnam stories.

To say the military is full of queers, weirdos, etc is kinda painting with a big brush. Go visit the MARSOC compound in NC, and of the SEAL brothers in Va Beach or Ca, SF in Bragg, Carson, Washington, etc. The Infantry battalions all around the states are full of folks that are there to support and defend the Constitution and hope they get a chance at combat. While I don't like our current administration, to talk [bleep] about the troopers jumping from airplanes, sleeping in the dirt in some far off place, or even some [bleep] training area in 29 Palms is pretty poor bad mouthing.

Support our folks who chose to put on a uniform and work hard. Lotsa warriors out there! Don't believe all that BS on the news, and social media, still alot of good people out there.

Semper Fi
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I’d do it again but make some smarter career path moves. One thing I never regretted was walking away from the Delta recruitment briefing in ‘77.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by WAM
I’d do it again but make some smarter career path moves. One thing I never regretted was walking away from the Delta recruitment briefing in ‘77.

Wow, talk about being in at the beginning. Why didn’t you regret that decision WAM? The Desert One operation a few years later?

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As a career soldier and military exposure everyday in my retirement…No way no how !

And it is not painting with a “broad brush” the transition state of current affairs. It shows your ignorance.

Sure many of the trigger pullers are of a certain stereotype but they have tried to change that and will continue to change that. Furthermore, they gotta fall under somebody and those somebody’s are changing just like in the civilian judicial communities.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 07/28/22.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Things have changed and I don't think I would. Hard to tell what you would be joining.

IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by 79S

Same here, started in 95 and retired in 2016. My son is currently a Marine as well. Cousin is an EOD Tech in the AF. Our family seems to be military oriented. Our Grandfathers and Great Uncles were Marines who landed on Iwo Jima, Bouganville, etc. Army Air Corps B24 pilots, Infantrymen in occupied Germany. I did alot of back and forth to Iraq and Afghanistan. While the wars we fought will be written similar to our brothers Vietnam stories.

To say the military is full of queers, weirdos, etc is kinda painting with a big brush. Go visit the MARSOC compound in NC, and of the SEAL brothers in Va Beach or Ca, SF in Bragg, Carson, Washington, etc. The Infantry battalions all around the states are full of folks that are there to support and defend the Constitution and hope they get a chance at combat. While I don't like our current administration, to talk [bleep] about the troopers jumping from airplanes, sleeping in the dirt in some far off place, or even some [bleep] training area in 29 Palms is pretty poor bad mouthing.

Support our folks who chose to put on a uniform and work hard. Lotsa warriors out there! Don't believe all that BS on the news, and social media, still alot of good people out there.

People talking how the Army/Marines is full of queers, transgenders and women definitely tells me they have never served. If they did it was back in late 60's and early 70's when the services were dealing with this problem called drug addiction from returning servicemembers from Vietnam, low morale conscript Army etc... I find it funny guys from back then paint this picture on how great it was. I would never trade anything for my 22 years of service to this country.

Last edited by 79S; 07/28/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by 79S

People talking how the Army/Marines is full of queers, transgenders and women definitely tells me they have never served. If they did it was back in late 60's and early 70's when the services were dealing with this problem called drug addiction from returning servicemembers from Vietnam, low morale conscript Army etc... I find it funny guys from back then paint this picture on how great it was. I would never trade anything for my 22 years of service to this country.

Me either John. It was the single best decision I have made thus far for my life. The friends I have today are folks you can call anytime of the night if needed. There aren't many places that build comradery like the service and especially units serving in combat together.

Look at those 90+ year old WWII Vets who can barely walk, they will get to their reunions or VFW just to sit and jaw jack with their friends and brothers!

Semper Fi
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I would because I will always regret not doing so when I was 18.

My best buddy in college had been a door gunner in Vietnam, and was in the Air National Guard. He took me with him to Dover AFB, and I spoke with a recruiter about becoming a firefighter. I already had accumulated a stack of fire training certificates, and the recruiter seemed very interested, so I scheduled a physical.

Now, my dad was a WWII vet, commander of the local VFW post and a true patriot in every way. I couldn't wait to get home to tell him, expecting him to be bursting with pride.

What I got from him was an angry, "What the f**k did you do that for, you stupid SOB? God d**n it. What a dumbass!"

I was crushed, my confidence was gone and I never followed through. I will always wished I had.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If I knew then what I know now, I would join the USARMY again. But I am no longer an 18 year old kid..........

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Phuq no.
I enlisted in 1985 because I wanted to start a family, and the military offered great benefits for a fellow my age. The fact that I loved my country, that I’d grown up thanking God that I was born and raised here, and I loved her was another reason that, at the time, didn’t seem important.
Now here we are some 40 years later, and the country I loved and cherished has somehow become a place that I feel persecuted for my beliefs, and I fear for the future of my son and his family.
I thought maybe, just maybe, that Trump would restore my faith and love in my country, but we, you, me, and 75 million other gutless other retches failed respond to an obvious coup in the 2020 election.
I’m sorta glad my Dad, veteran of WW2, ain’t here to see my shame.
I pray to God that We The People, can somehow recover our country short of bloodshed, but I fear we’re long passed that point.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I probably couldn't have done it, but proclaim myself queer and join the Air Force or Navy would have been a great career plan.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Not only no but hell no. I wouldn’t have enlisted under Reagan.

Last edited by MarkWV; 07/28/22.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Nope, If the Enemy comes here. then yes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not unless there was a total purge of the "woke" power structure.

Please don't feed the trolls!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by WAM

HA, I had to walk away because I didn't have enough time in Grade! I would have went in a heartbeat....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (06hunter59, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,705 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,952
Posts18,519,295
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.