Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shaman
Back about 1985, I'd just joined a local gun club, and they'd required me to have NRA membership for the range insurance. I joined, not thinking much about it.

I had recently purchased a Remington 1100. It's been my general purpose shotgun for all this time. I've got barrels to take care of anything-- skeet, trap, deer, turkey. I was casually flipping through the new American Rifleman, and something caught my eye: an assault weapons bill had been introduced to the House that specifically listed the Remington 1100 as a deadly assault weapon.

I called up my best buddy and gun mentor and expressed my consternation. Bob explained that the Rem 1100 was on the list, because it had the reputation, if it was really dirty and the sear worn, to occasionally unload more than one round per pull of the trigger.

WT?

It was shortly after this that I signed up for my NRA Life Membership, and the Rem 1100 was still hot on my mind.

If I read the bill right, the Rem 1100 is not on the list of exempt weapons. They finally got it banned-- rat bastards.

Correct me if I'm wrong here guys, but if I take my current firearm inventory and write a letter of transference tomorrow to #1 Granddaughter (age 10) and specify that the arms are to be held by her father until she is legally able to possess them, and stash this in my safety deposit box, haven't I just put off having to surrender these deadly weapons of destruction until #1 Granddaughter goes to her reward? I'm sure the Mooselette would let me borrow them back as needed, n'est pas?

That's a purely academic question. My belief is that the family gun inventory is safe. I mean, if I'm dead and my sons are in possession of my firearm inventory, how can the federal government prove I transferred them after the ban went into effect.

I also think any AWB, any gun control legislation, including what Biden signed last month is a non-starter given the Bruen Decision.

This chkunt Biden is daily breaking The Law, encouraging and abetting the invasion of our Southern border, ignoring the Constitution, and yet they think we're supposed to live by his EO's and the Communist mandates coming out of the House. I got a couple big black dil-does for them.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I don't see why people are getting their panties in a wad over "lists". That is the mentality of a cuck.

The only list you need to concern yourself with is that of those that voted for this. Act accordingly.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This would be a good time to post this........

Originally Posted by Jeff_O
You guys are comical in your fear of Obama. He's not gonna go after your guns. The Dems have learned their lesson on that one.

Apathy, clearly not a good practice.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
Originally Posted by Tarquin
They're saying it has no chance in the Senate. Hope that's true.
They said the same thing about Obamacare.
Dead in the Senate, they said !
Not the way I remember it.

Obama care passed the Senate with 60 votes and not a single Republican voted yeh.

When the Democrats have a Super Majority in the Senate, passing their agenda is almost a certainty.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I think that it's odd that they put out a list of what's NOT banned. Why don't they put out a list of what IS banned. That's pretty vague.

If they come for my AR's, which I doubt will ever happen, all they'll get is a couple of stripped Anderson lowers. That's all I bought.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Remington Model Four didnt make the list either.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I think that it's odd that they put out a list of what's NOT banned. Why don't they put out a list of what IS banned. That's pretty vague.

If they come for my AR's, which I doubt will ever happen, all they'll get is a couple of stripped Anderson lowers. That's all I bought.
They do schit for a reason.

IMO, the reason they published a list of exempt firearms is so they can say, “ Look at all the Firearms That Are in Common Use that are available to the public, we are not banning firearms that are in common use, be afraid saving the children from the senseless Slater by Weapons of War.”

And the Public will gobble it up.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank Gawd, Remington 700 CDL Left Hand is exempted………..

Talk about Unicorns.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Does it name specific weapons? Heard shotguns and Glocks we're in it??? If so, never pass due to SCOTUS. The whole commonly owned gun thing.
Standard ARs with standard cap mags are commonly owned, and that's a Heller standard anyway. The new standard, from Bruen, is MUCH tougher. If a law restricts ownership or possession of a firearm, the legislature now has to show that the basis for the restriction was already established when the Second Amendment was penned. There was no restriction at that time on firearms for being similar to weapons carried by the military, so it fails that test.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
They cannot pull this off without altering the make-up of the Supreme Court.

Thomas should be worried.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by steve4102
They cannot pull this off without altering the make-up of the Supreme Court.

Thomas should be worried.
Agreed.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Watch for a big shooting(s) right before the Senate goes to vote on this

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by moosemike
Watch for a big shooting(s) right before the Senate goes to vote on this
Or worse.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Tyrannical gov. Molon Labia

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Pussies worried about your pet firearm "making the list".

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
From what I understand, their is a grandfather clause. If your state outlaws them outright.....well...

Move

Even during Clinton's ban, I still openly shot my AR's. Troopers came up to me a few times. All was good.
That's because there was a grandfather clause in the 94 assault weapons ban. There is none here. You either registered your "assault rifles" within a year after passage of the bill or they became illegal. Mere possession of an unregistered gun or magazine of over 10 round capacity is a felony that carries a 10 year prison sentence.

And yet you still choose to live in such a place.
No thanks.
Well since I didn't have an AR-15 it really didn't affect me much. I had one years ago and never could get to likin' the fuggin ugly, awkward carryin' thing so eventually sold it and really never planned to buy another. I believe you or anyone else who wants one should be able to buy/own as many as you want but they aren't for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tylerw02
Pussies worried about your pet firearm "making the list".
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
So besides this list is there a sunset clause like the 94 bill? Do you have to register to keep current owned guns and magazines on the list?

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by IA_fog
So besides this list is there a sunset clause like the 94 bill? Do you have to register to keep current owned guns and magazines on the list?

It makes all transfers illegal. In a generation, they would be gone if nobody stands up.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by IA_fog

First off, there is no list of what they're trying to ban to leave it open for anything that's not on the "Not Banned List".

Second, it's never gonna pass the Senate. It'll be dead on arrival.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 69 invisible), 2,644 guests, and 1,378 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,452
Posts18,471,079
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.