Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It ain't gonna get past the Senate. And if it does it will be struck down by SCOTUS.

Just remember who voted for it.

Carpe' Scrotum
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Worse case, all my AR's identify as a Marlin 1894

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Dead on arrival. It's political theater.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Worse case, all my AR's identify as a Marlin 1894

GOLD

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IA_fog
Originally Posted by tylerw02
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by IA_fog
So besides this list is there a sunset clause like the 94 bill? Do you have to register to keep current owned guns and magazines on the list?

It makes all transfers illegal. In a generation, they would be gone if nobody stands up.

If all transfers are banned, how do you get one repaired at the factory or a gunsmith. Aren’t those considered transfers?

No, they aren't a change in ownership.

Are you sure? Does transfer explicitly say ownership change? As in Nebraska law already

With some exceptions, individuals cannot purchase, lease, rent, or receive transfer of a handgun in Nebraska without this certificate.
The exceptions are:
• Federally licensed firearms dealers;
• Individuals acquiring antique handguns;
• Persons authorized to acquire handguns on behalf
of a law enforcement agency;
• Temporary transfers when the transferee remains
in the line of sight of the transferor or within the
premises of an established shooting facility;

• Transfers between a person and his or her spouse,
sibling, parent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, or
grandparent;
• Holders of a valid permit under the Concealed
Handgun Permit Act; and
• Peace officers.

Under this it seems that by sending it to a gunsmith or factory would be considered a temporary transfer, now seeings how .gov loves to change definitions of sex, recession or whatever to fit their sh*t agenda I see where the definition of transfer could be changed.

Food for thought.

Not sure the Feds care about your state law. But the temporary transfer you bolded would mean handing the gun to a friend to shoot.

Your own quote specifically states an exception to receive a handgun is an FFL which a factory or a gunsmith must hold.

Nono e has answer is there a sunset clause like the 94 bill?
Also what are the steps to grandfather current guns? Do you have to register them to get them grandfathered in?

No it does not have a sunset.
I answered my own question on gunsmith or factory repair.

“(t) (1) Beginning on the date that is 90 days after the date of enactment of the Assault Weapons Ban of 2021, it shall be unlawful for any person who is not licensed under this chapter to transfer a grandfathered semiautomatic assault weapon to any other person who is not licensed under this chapter, unless a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer has first taken custody of the grandfathered semiautomatic assault weapon for the purpose of complying with subsection (s). Upon taking custody of the grandfathered semiautomatic assault weapon, the licensee shall comply with all requirements of this chapter as if the licensee were transferring the grandfathered semiautomatic assault weapon from the licensee’s inventory to the unlicensed transferee.

“(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to a temporary transfer of possession for the purpose of participating in target shooting in a licensed target facility or established range if—

“(A) the grandfathered semiautomatic assault weapon is, at all times, kept within the premises of the target facility or range; and

“(B) the transferee is not known to be prohibited from possessing or receiving a grandfathered semiautomatic assault weapon.

3) For purposes of this subsection, the term ‘transfer’—

“(A) shall include a sale, gift, or loan; and

“(B) does not include temporary custody of the grandfathered semiautomatic assault weapon for purposes of examination or evaluation by a prospective transferee.

“(4) (A) Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, the Attorney General may implement this subsection with regulations.

“(B) Regulations promulgated under this paragraph—

“(i) shall include a provision setting a maximum fee that may be charged by licensees for services provided in accordance with paragraph (1); and

“(ii) shall not include any provision imposing recordkeeping requirements on any unlicensed transferor or requiring licensees to facilitate transfers in accordance with paragraph (1).”.

As I take it, I have to take the grandfathered AW to an FFL for shipment to the factory, can’t do it myself.
FFL has to log it into inventory. When AW is returned it must be treated as a new transfer. The kicker is the rule that FFL’s are not required to facilitate such grandfathered AW’s transfers to the factory or gunsmith.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/senate-bill/736/text

Last edited by Swifty52; 07/30/22.

Swifty
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Phuq em.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Our Gov't is downright embarrassing. They should be ashamed of themselves. I know I am ashamed of them. It's painfully obvious that collectively they have the moral compass of a street walking crack whore and the IQ of a possum.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Nous sommes tous des sauvages!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Indeed, Texas brother.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Our Gov't is downright embarrassing. They should be ashamed of themselves. I know I am ashamed of them. It's painfully obvious that collectively they have the moral compass of a street walking crack whore and the IQ of a possum.

It’s not the Govt that’s embarrassing, it’s the voters that voted them in.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You're being awful hard on possums

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Le Renard Subtil!

Love that flick.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What I found interesting is the long, long list of exempted firearms, including stuff like my Browning 725 O/U. Why is that necessary? I’m thinking that whatever the reason is, it ain’t for our benefit, but rather to facilitate some devilry at a later date.

The beginning of that exempted list reminds me of the list in Diane “Too Stupid to Know her Driver is a Chinese Spy” Feinstein’s bill. Legislation by Cut ‘n Paste? My Mini 14 is exempt, probably because they read on the Internet that you can’t hit anything with one…….😛

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I love it when you post in French.

Ain’t got a fuggin’ clue what you said, of course! Okay, that’s a lie; I copied it into Translate and Bingo!

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I heard 7 RINOs stabbed us in the back again.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jackmountain

It’s not the Govt that’s embarrassing, it’s the voters that voted them in.
Did we really vote them in, though?

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I love it when you post in French.

Ain’t got a fuggin’ clue what you said, of course! Okay, that’s a lie; I copied it into Translate and Bingo!

Old 17th century french saying in the new world. Used especially by those that went "native". One of the first recorded incidents of it’s use was by La Salle in his journal. Circa 1670-80ish. On trip down Mississippi river. Stopped at one French posts in Illinois country to find it abandonded. And this quote was written on a plank and nailed to a tree. It was also a popular bumper sticker 20 years ago amongst some 18th century reenactors.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by reivertom
I heard 7 RINOs stabbed us in the back again.
You heard wrong

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by Tarquin
They're saying it has no chance in the Senate. Hope that's true.

Who's They?
People who refused to vote for Trump because of mean tweets.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
The libs will dangle a carrot and get Burr, Tillis and Graham to vote for it. The three of them are complete trash. I hope I see the day where they are intimidated into fleeing their home states.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (2ndwind, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 2UP, 270cowboy, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 1,756 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,150
Posts18,523,363
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.