Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
I appreciate the advice VERY much.
I think I will head for the ER, I fear I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
I believe I will sell all my stuff to raise the cash to start over someplace else.
I don't have many years left and I'll be dammed if I'm going to spend them in misery at the hands of another abusive person.

Sir….PLEASE DO! Once you take back control of your life and stop letting others dictate your happiness you will feel significantly better!….everything else good will follow.

Get some help so you can have clear and concise thoughts and act with intent. These times, while they feel endless, are merely speed bumps along the road of life.

Please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any help.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
If you can see to read, open the Bible to any page and read.

Or turn the TV on a religious channel and listen.

We dont get healed totally until we are with HIM.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
Roll a fat one and go fishing

damm straight

slummy always has the answer

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by slumlord
Roll a fat one and go fishing

damm straight

slummy always has the answer

As if Gautama Buddha himself has spoken. grin

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have been at or near the bottom a time or two....

You have health issues that are going to limit your time here.

I would say make the best of what you have left.... and mend the relationships you do have if possible.

Get up early every morning, get the coffee going and get the day started... and keep moving forward.

At the end of every day, you make a list for tomorrow that has two columns.. this is what I need to get done today, and this is what needs to get done this week.

Before you know it.... you will have the house clean, yard all square, garage organized and your life uncluttered and you will find reason to be up and moving every day.

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Keep showing the hag and the dimwit will cause more to jump off the cliff.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Alvah, get the depression dealt with through counseling and/or meds. Until that is done you wont see things clearly enough to make long term plans. For today, just get through today. Not sure what you mean that marriage #3 is "on the rocks". If it's over, then it's over. If not, don't end it yet until you get yourself straightened out. Work toward no longer feeling like a victim. Eventually you must identify why you do not have many good relationships. Own the part of it that is your fault and work to improve it. As long as you live there is hope to improve these things. There will be a way forward. You just can't see it right now. I see you quoted scripture. If you are in a church, meet with the pastor very soon and let him know of your struggles. Hope it works out well for you.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I appreciate the advice VERY much.
I think I will head for the ER, I fear I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
I believe I will sell all my stuff to raise the cash to start over someplace else.
I don't have many years left and I'll be dammed if I'm going to spend them in misery at the hands of another abusive person.

Your own happiness does not depend on others. Your intolerable conditions are not the fault of others. No matter where you go, there you are. Grab your courage in both hands and take responsibility for yourself and your future. Fix yourself first.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Sometimes that’s the toughest part of healing…

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
It's never too late to make a positive change in your life. If the marriage is making you miserable then get out of it. I've been married once, divorced for eight years, and I don't plan on doing it again. Some guys think they have to be married to be happy, I'm here to tell you that you don't. You're not feeling well about your situation right now but I'm here to tell you that things can and WILL get better. It's temporary and there is plenty of time to find a good life that you enjoy waking up to every morning. Find someone local to talk things out with first, a pastor is a good choice. I don't know if you have one or not but I've never met one who wouldn't willingly invite someone who asked for help into their home to talk over coffee. If you don't know one then ask some older lady nearby who their pastor is, she'll be happy to put you in touch.

IC B3

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
If'n you're broke, that should fix the obesity issue.

This seems like it should be true, but I see quite a few poor people who are obese.

I don't know how but they've somehow figured it out.
Eating healthy is expensive..

Just eat less and you wont be fat. Your statement is a b.s. copout. If you cook your own food and shop smart you can eat healthy for cheap, and portion control is the big factor. Every fatty has an excuse. Yours is the most common.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WMR
Alvah, get the depression dealt with through counseling and/or meds. Until that is done you wont see things clearly enough to make long term plans. For today, just get through today. Not sure what you mean that marriage #3 is "on the rocks". If it's over, then it's over. If not, don't end it yet until you get yourself straightened out. Work toward no longer feeling like a victim. Eventually you must identify why you do not have many good relationships. Own the part of it that is your fault and work to improve it. As long as you live there is hope to improve these things. There will be a way forward. You just can't see it right now. I see you quoted scripture. If you are in a church, meet with the pastor very soon and let him know of your struggles. Hope it works out well for you.
This sounds like a man ready to give up. Broke, kids don't come around, wife problems, about to be homeless.

He is in bad shape and seriously depressed. I would be too. Needs some serious anti-depressant therapy most likely a good prescription. We all have to die, no need to go out on such a sour note.

I would be looking at a health regimen, a divorce, filing bankruptcy, and moving on to some sort of government housing if it wouldn't be amongst a bunch of Norwegians. You are 69 and ambulatory. You can cure the obesity and prolong the cardiac issues. If parts of your life are causing you grief get rid of them. Those things aren't going to change.

I'm guessing you don't need a recalcitrant woman around. If you are still up to it they all have one of those things. Start going to a country church, the older widows will be showing up with food at your house.

No need to commit suicide, get rid of what grieves you, this country provides a lot of help for folks in your situation.

Last edited by Hastings; 07/30/22. Reason: spelling correction

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
IMHO

1. Attend and volunteer at a rural church. Serving others will give you resolve and tons of hope.

2. Part time job will throw some cold water on the heat of financial issues.

3. Lean meats, veggies, nuts etc. Your body should respond positively to better ingredients.

4. Get what exercise your condition will allow.

I wish you all the best with this struggle. Prayers sent from N.C. for your well being.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Sounds like depression l. I'm dealing with it too lately and it's not my normal state. It's tough but I have to force myself to do something productive each day. Industry is the best remedy. I'm in chronic pain from an autoimmune disease and don't sleep well. It's the lack of sleep that catches up with me. It's my kids that keep me going but they are still young and need me. At least that's what I tell myself. There's always a better day right around the corner.

Bb

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Get the depression dealt with and then get some dentures.

My advice to you is get your head screwed in right and start eating keto-vore diet. It's not exactly cheap to do but you lose weight without any effort and it will control your diabetes and insulin resistance.

Bro, on Jan 1 of this year I was 360 lbs. Not pre diabetic but had high blood pressure and I don't worry about cholesterol. I cut out all breads, cut all added sugars, grains, starches, and went an high fat low carb ketovore diet and did walking. I ain't doing anything special nor am I starving but wouldn't you know I'm down 60 lbs I'm 6 months. It was easy peasy and I didn't even have to try. Along the way I had set backs like a knee that bothers me, terrible gout, and my neck injury but still it didn't halt totally my progress. So eat meat, fats, and veggies like cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, with some butter and don't touch the sugar and things happen. Also make sure to intermittent fast everyday with OMAD (one mean a day). The fast is key and after a week you'll be used to it.

In 8 more more months I'll be where I need to be and I'm enjoying what I eat and the fact that my blood pressure is better and I don't have to worry about diabetes. If I can do it so can you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I ever found myself in that situation I'd like to think I'd get myself a decent travel trailer and pickup, my dog, couple guns, fishin stuff, a mountain bike, and a big bag of the sticky icky..... just cruise man. Get one of those gigs being the campground chaperone or whatever.... easy livin. Follow the weather. Good luck man.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
SO what are you gonna do about it, raise to the challenge or cry all day.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hardway
If I ever found myself in that situation I'd like to think I'd get myself a decent travel trailer and pickup, my dog, couple guns, fishin stuff, a mountain bike, and a big bag of the sticky icky..... just cruise man. Get one of those gigs being the campground chaperone or whatever.... easy livin. Follow the weather. Good luck man.

What's the, uh, "stick icky"?

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by hardway

What's the, uh, "stick icky"?

Man when you get some bud, that stuff will stick to a mirror you sling it at.
The little purple flowers in it, mmmm yahhh. Resin be weeping out of the back of that spliff, tarry finger stickkng together.

Sheeewwww weeeeee.

You don’t share it, ride to back fields by yoself and park the truck and get all quiet.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1badf350, 73 invisible), 2,566 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,514
Posts18,509,439
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.