Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
I pray to God, but I also row away from the rocks......said a wise man once.

This is so simple that people ignore the advice regardless of how obvious the rocks are…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jahrs
You are getting some good advice but mostly bad advice, in my opinion. We as men need to prioritize and accordingly go about our business. My advice would be to set your eternal affairs in order since you believe that you don’t have much longer to live. You may die tomorrow or you may live 20 more years. “What profit of a man if he gains the whole world and lose his own soul”?I’m sure you’ve heard that Bible verse before. It is so true! if you were to die tomorrow and go out into eternity without the salvation of Jesus Christ’s Gospel you will be doomed in hell forever, on the other hand, if you are saved you’ll be with Christ in paradise/heaven forever. My advice to you would not to open the Bible and lucky dip and find a verse and think that God is speaking to you but first open the Bible to the book of John and read who Jesus is and get acquainted with Him, Then repent and be saved ans the burden/guilt of sin will be lifted. You will then have a new nature and outlook on life. You then can proceed from there but that’s where and how I would start to regroup.

Pretty good advice.

Alvah, you're being called. You may not recognize it now. But your are, indeed. But pick up your Bible and read it. Start in John. Start in Matthew. Just start. I would, however, recommend that you start in the New Testament. And don't approach it trying to understand it. By grace, understanding will be given to you, usually when you realize it's speaking to you directly. Yes it speaks to all of us, but in your case, when you read it, by God, you'll recognize it's speaking specifically and uniquely to you.

Take a brief listen to Dr Martyn Lloyd Jones. Start at about the 18:00 mark.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll add, find a good minister, and tell he, or she all about it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
This morning , I found $10 in a pair of shorts I ain’t worn in 15 years.

I’m headed to Dollar General to get me some Keystone

Nothing like that ever happens to me.

Why go on???
frown frown frown

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
My heart breaks for you, you quoted a scripture. God preforms miracles every day. Have faith and believe. I have been in low places and God the universe lifted me up. I grew up in a very strict religious environment. Now that iam older it saddens me to see so many people put God in this narrow paradigm. He is so much more. Look into Dr Joe Dispenza. This man is passionate about teaching people how to meditate and the miracles that can come from it. Prayer and meditation are the foundation in my humble opinion. I will keep you in my prayers.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
I turn 69 in four days.
I am on my third marriage, which is now on the rocks.
My kids are grown. They are successful and on their own. I seldom see them or even hear from them.
I have no occupation.
My health is a ticking time bomb. Obese, diabetic, no teeth, blind in one eye, congestive heart failure, high blood pressure, high cholesterol.
Very little cash, no credit.
I see few options on how I can proceed.
Staring down the barrel of homelessness.
I need a miracle.
However, I believe this to be true:

It’s better to live in the wilderness
than to live with a contentious and irritable woman. Proverbs 21:19

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I am pulling for you my friend... things will pick up.

We all go through low points. Adhere to your friend's advice on here... make the best of your lot and be positive and happy.

Last edited by Sasha_and_Abby; 07/31/22.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Listen some to some of Ryan Michlers Order of Man podcasts.

Look for the Ray “cash” care episodes.

Says biggest hurdle some ppl face is sabotaging yourself.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well yesterday I heeded the advice given and headed to the ER.
Two-to-three hour wait and no Mental Health people on duty. I left.
Tomorrow I will lean on my primary care provider at the VA. I have a tele-appointment at the VA Clinic on October 4th. If I want a face-to-face I'm looking at early December.
I will not wait that long. If necessary I will seek private care. I have used the Community Care program in the past. Problem is, by the time I see the Doc and get a prescription and wait for some results, the CC window has closed and I have to re-initiate it all over again, with a different therapist usually.
I can assure you I am not going to drop the ball on this! I get irritated when the inevitable "Are you thinking of harming yourself?" question gets asked. I bristle up some and tell them I am trying to LIVE, not die.
Oddly, at the first session of recent CC I was given a bunch of samples of Trintellix. that showed significant promise. Problem is the VA does not offer it.
For the record, I am by nature an optimist and I also am a Christian.
I was first diagnosed almost 25 years ago.
I will NEVER stop fighting this.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good luck man, I've been there, it sucks. It'll get better if you let it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Good for you Uncle Alvah! You sound like a fighter! I’m glad that you’re being proactive about your life and health because many people aren’t. Advocating for yourself and taking control of your medical situation is a great step in the right direction and I hope your local VA can get you the help you need in a timely fashion. At the end of the day though you are what’s important and if they can’t see you before December you might consider finding private care to bridge the gap until you can get in to the VA….you deserve to feel better now! Getting the “ball rolling” now and getting the medication that helps now is important, you can always transfer your files to the VA and do your long term “medication maintenance” through the VA but I wouldn’t wait several months. Life is too short to spend months in the heavy darkness of depression while you wait for the VA to have an appointment available.

God bless you and may he give you peace and comfort during this difficult time.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
As my dear mother used to say, "It came to pass, not to stay."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wabigoon

She was referring to you, dumb ass.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL
Maybe she was explaining the stool that got stuck in her colon for two weeks, it's possible.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL
Maybe she was explaining the stool that got stuck in her colon for two weeks, it's possible.

What's the difference?

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let me say this:

Happy pills are a good place to start. There are many of them, and a LOT of them are cheap. DON'T wait in the VA or any other one "free" outfit. Even if money is tight, go pick up aluminum cans so you can pay a doc for a visit. Lots or "telehealth" options out there for a modest fee. As far as cost of prescription, many anti depressants are dirt cheap. Tryciclics are quite effective, but have fallen out of favor due to toxicity concerns for large doses (kids getting into them) and the fact the patents are long expired and no one is marketing them. But the cheap ones work just fine.

Once you are out from under the black cloud you're under, you can start making rational choices.

I will also say this: If you have poor relationships with people close to you...... what do those relationships have in common? Once you're out of the depression, you can start working to try to repair those relationships.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The answer is simple, yet is cloaked in all the modern feel good remedies pushed by the Godless.

One word-

thankfulness

If you dwell on whatever you have to be thankful for, you will retrain your mind away from the negativity and defeatism. It's impossible to remain ungrateful when you are thankful.

Last edited by Fireball2; 07/31/22.

LOL
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dutch
Let me say this:

Happy pills are a good place to start...

You just can't be serious.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,627 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,518
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.