Campfire Member
A
I miss mom and dad very much

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
My dad has been gone 12 years as of June, every now and then, I wish I could talk to him to ask him questions. His best advice that he gave me was when I was joining the USARMY when I was 18 years old. He said, "If you join the military, you will see dogs eating dogs" He was so correct.........

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Since Sept of 2001. Wonderful man.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Miss my sweet daddy. He was my hero.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Lost mine today. He was a good man and set solid examples for me as a husband and father. His love for the Lord was evident.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So sorry to hear that. Condolences to you and your family. You’ll see him again someday soon.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I miss my Dad like crazy. He passed in 2019 but there is still a deep hole without him here.

Rick
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My Father passed a couple of weeks after his 91st birthday. He was sitting in the library reading Stephen Ambrose's book Citizen Soldiers and just stopped living on a cold winter's afternoon.

I miss him, but he was always a distant figure and worked far from home until I was 12, so I never really bonded with him. He has a big gun collector, reloader, target and 'chuck shooter, but only a casual hunter. The only reason that he hunted was to hang out with the crew who were all WW2 Marines. He was a hard man, not mean, but he did things his way and anyone who got in the way either moved or took a chance of getting run over, nothing personal, just business.

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by AUGrad
Lost mine today. He was a good man and set solid examples for me as a husband and father. His love for the Lord was evident.
My condolences.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Everyday.

🦫

I miss Mom and Dad, I'd give everything I own to spend one more day with both.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'll certainly miss my parents when they go. My only living grandfather can't die soon enough and won't be missed. I'm glad my father decided he wanted to live a better life and leave a different legacy than his father. We need more of that these days!

Medics bury their mistakes..
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by CRJ1960
Mom passed away in 1988 @ 58 years from breast cancer. I wasn’t as close to her as I should have been. She left when I was quite young and don’t think I ever totally got over it. Dad passed in 2010 @ 85, we were very close and though I don’t think of him every day it is quite often. I got my first graft to stick this spring using blueberry wood to native huckleberry. I know he was smiling from above and shaking his head at the same time watching me struggle with what he taught me. He was the tightest man I ever knew. Would cut the ignition and coast in neutral to save gas. Save aluminum foil from baked potatoes, straighten nails and reuse them, gather clover seed heads from the side of the road by hand and spread over his pasture. I miss fishing and hunting with him a lot.

If you had grown up during the Great Depression you’d do that too.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My brother and I took my dad in to see my sister in the detention center for felony DUI. We met a Deputy coming out that knew my brother and I, but hadn’t met my father. After the introduction, my dad wouldn’t let go of the deputy’s hand and asked “How do I get ahold of that Godammed sheriff.

The deputy was a bit off guard and asked just what he wanted with the sheriff.

“I loaned a worthless son of a bitch some money and he won’t pay me back. I have tried calling the sheriff and he won’t return my calls.” The deputy told him to get ahold of another deputy that handled those affairs and my dad told him he was tired of chasing the law around to help him with his problem.

“I have half a mind to get my gun and shoot that son of a bitch and he won’t take anyone else’s money.”

The deputy warned him, that wouldn’t turn out well and my dad told him;

“I don’t give a good Goddamm if that a$$hole was sitting in the fuggin sheriff’s lap, I ought to just shoot that son of a bitch and he won’t steal again. What are you going to do? Put me in jail for the rest of my life? I’m in my 88th year, what have I got left, 2 years or less?”

Leaving the deputy was a bit uncomfortable, but he understood what my father was saying.

He was born on a homestead in eastern Montana in 1910, lived through a depression, fought in a world war and asked for nothing in return. He meant what he said and the world would be a better place if it was run by cowboys.

He died in 2004 at the age of 94 and 18 years later I wish he was still around for his crystal clear view of what is right and wrong.

RIP Jesse…

https://i.imgur.com/tZ6XRcF.jpg

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
Miss my Dad and Mom every single day. Great parents, prepared us for when they were gone, without us realizing it.

My brothers and I are/were the luckiest men on earth. If we could have picked our parents, we’d have happily picked the ones we had.

God Bless You, Bill and Wilda.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Nimblehunter: Indeed I do miss my father. He was born in 1922 and lived through the Depression and WW-II where he was severely wounded and taken prisoner by the Germans in France.
The Germans did NOT treat his wounds (to both feet - via land mine) for the months he was a prisoner but once liberated he was treated and recuperated in Paris - after recuperation he was assigned as a prison guard over German prisoners.
His feet never completely healed from their wounds (nerve damage) and he never walked a painless step til late in life (age 80) when a V.A. Doctor started removing nerves from his feet and over time the offending nerves were gone and he began to live pain free.
Despite his disability he became a "template maker" for Pacific Car & Foundry amassing a fortune (some from real estate investments) before he died at age 86 in 2,008.
He loved to fish and Hunt but walking was painful and hampered him (us!) in this regard.
He raised three successful sons and had 4 grandchildren.
Above all he instilled in his sons a STRONG work ethic and unfettered honesty.
Yes I "miss" my Dad - may he rest in peace, there at Tahoma National Cemetery - with an incredible unobstructed view of Mt. Rainier.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lost my Dad at age 90 this past January. He taught me To shoot, hunt, reload, and fight. Taught me to fight for my honor. He was rough as a cobb, but I miss him dearly.

Ron

Last edited by Ohio7x57; 08/01/22.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Don't ask.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I miss my dad. He's still alive and I seem him all the time. But the years have made him not the person I remember.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
My dad is still alive. I lost my son two years ago. When my dad is gone, I don't think it will be anything like losing my son. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shrapnel
…He was born on a homestead in eastern Montana in 1910, lived through a depression, fought in a world war and asked for nothing in return. He meant what he said and the world would be a better place if it was run by cowboys….

…RIP Jesse…

https://i.imgur.com/tZ6XRcF.jpg

Gosh, if that picture doesn’t fit the man you described, nothing could.

Fear the crabcat.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (160user, 007FJ, 12344mag, 16penny, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,139
Posts18,484,059
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.