Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Hastings
Just now checked mine 139/61 left arm, 134/63 right arm, pulse 66. Have been on BP medication since I was 30. Accidently found out when a home health nurse was visiting an older relative and I got her to check mine. It was150/100 at a time when I was under no particular stress. She checked it a time or two more and told me I needed to get treated for it. My old doctor told me that wasn't high (1982) but I told him it was and he wrote a prescription for Aldoril which helped some. Now I'm on Norvasc 5mg once a day and Bisoprolol Fumarate 5mg twice a day. I understand the bottom number should be 1/2 to 2/3 of the top number but since I have the beginnings of right side heart failure that ain't happening.

My maternal grandfather dropped dead of a heart attack at age 49 and my father died of heart failure so I guess I'm lucky to be up and going pretty good for coming 70yo in 5 days. Would probably be dead by now if not for BP medicine.

Hastings - read this:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...d-to-do-this-and-i-mean-now#Post17399141

Ask your doc why you’re not on a RAAS inhibitor.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Buy a fugking FitBit or similar and pay attention to heart rate and how you're sleeping when compared to what you consume.

It's a lot cheaper than some dumb fugk doctor trying to play pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey on your dime.

It's also a lot more effective because most doctors are dumb fugks.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Get more exercise, helps me keep mine down.

Last edited by hanco; 07/31/22.
V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by benchman
Mine goes up significantly after my bodyweight hits 180. You didn't mention your weight.

256, 10 more pounds than 1-31-20.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Are you 6’10”?

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Take what ever is necessary to drop that number and makes any changes anything in your life that needs changing. Forget that crap of you don't want to put meds in your body.That will get you dead.
High blood pressure causes strokes.

I was just released from the hospital this afternoon. I had a stroke Friday mid day.Luckily my wife recognized the symptoms and she had me in the ER within 45 minutes. Another 45 minutes and they started a powerful drug to dissolve the blood clot.Then I spent 2 days days in the ICU doing CT scans, ultra sounds, EKG, Electrocardigrams, MRI etc. Because of the fast attention, I only have small pea size damage in my brain and I have retained almost all of my faculties. However I am now susceptible to another stroke in the future and I have damage. Recovery will not be fast.

My elk hunt in September is canceled. My wife's trip to Denali, which she was to leave this coming Tuesday is canceled. If I had waited to go to the hospital 4-5 hours later, they said I probably would not have survived. When they started to infuse that drug, it wasn't known if it would be successful.'
You get a chance to lay on a table and worry if you will become a vegetable or dead, you will change your attitude. My wife with her quick actions and prayers from others to God saved my life.To put it bluntly, Deflave and a few others are full of bull feces.

Last edited by saddlesore; 07/31/22.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Prayers for a full recovery saddlesore!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by viking
Originally Posted by benchman
Mine goes up significantly after my bodyweight hits 180. You didn't mention your weight.

256, 10 more pounds than 1-31-20.

Well, weight loss will be a start I went from 232 to 196. NP set me up with a blood pressure checker to take home it's setup with an app and goes to her phone so she can monitor. She said I could stop taking the meds it's been nearly a year and all good.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Weight loss cures many, many issues.

That, and smoking cessation.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll also Pray saddlesore.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Are you 6’10”?

lol, I should have added I am 6’4.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Prayers for you and yours, Saddlesore. It don’t get much closer to the other side than where you’ve been and stopped just short of.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Go see someone. There's good advice and really bad advice on this thread. Go talk to a primary care doc or cardiologist.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Go see someone. There's good advice and really bad advice on this thread. Go talk to a primary care doc or cardiologist.

The best advice ^^^^.

V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Take what ever is necessary to drop that number and makes any changes anything in your life that needs changing. Forget that crap of you don't want to put meds in your body.That will get you dead.

I was just released from the hospital this afternoon. I had a stroke Friday mid day.Luckily my wife recognized the symptoms and she had me in the ER within 45 minutes. Another 45 minutes and they started a powerful drug to dissolve the blood clot.Then I spent 2 days days in the ICU doing CT scans, ultra sounds, EKG, Electrocardigrams, MRI etc. Because of the fast attention, I only have small pea size damage in my brain and I have retained almost all of my faculties. However I am now susceptible to another stroke in the future and I have damage. Recovery will not be fast.

My elk hunt in September is canceled. My wife's trip to Denali, which she was to leave this coming Tuesday is canceled. If I had waited to go to the hospital 4-5 hours later, they said I probably would not have survived. When they started to infuse that drug, it wasn't known if it would be successful.'
You get a chance to lay on a table and worry if you will become a vegetable or dead, you will change your attitude. My wife with her quick actions and prayers from others to God saved my life.To put it bluntly, Deflave and a few others are full of bull feces.

Damn dude, god’s speed.

Yeah I took my BP moments ago after eating 151/100. So I started the meds.

Then I realized that I took a partial part of the little blue pill when the GF got home…🤣🤣🤣😁

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by Hastings
Just now checked mine 139/61 left arm, 134/63 right arm, pulse 66. Have been on BP medication since I was 30. Accidently found out when a home health nurse was visiting an older relative and I got her to check mine. It was150/100 at a time when I was under no particular stress. She checked it a time or two more and told me I needed to get treated for it. My old doctor told me that wasn't high (1982) but I told him it was and he wrote a prescription for Aldoril which helped some. Now I'm on Norvasc 5mg once a day and Bisoprolol Fumarate 5mg twice a day. I understand the bottom number should be 1/2 to 2/3 of the top number but since I have the beginnings of right side heart failure that ain't happening.

My maternal grandfather dropped dead of a heart attack at age 49 and my father died of heart failure so I guess I'm lucky to be up and going pretty good for coming 70yo in 5 days. Would probably be dead by now if not for BP medicine.
Hastings - read this:
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...d-to-do-this-and-i-mean-now#Post17399141
Ask your doc why you’re not on a RAAS inhibitor.
I didn't mention that I'm on Multaq also. Is that a drug included in your post? As I understood that is not a drug for blood pressure, but for AFIB. I had a cardiac ablation in 2013 for persistent AFIB and have only had a couple of brief episodes since, both times when it was hot weather and I got dehydrated.

I will try to copy that article and ask my cardiologist. I am doing pretty good except for hiking up hills. Have to stop and let things catch up.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlesore

Damn dude, god’s speed.
Yeah I took my BP moments ago after eating 151/100. So I started the meds.
Then I realized that I took a partial part of the little blue pill when the GF got home…🤣🤣🤣😁
The little blue pill can drop blood pressure so I'm told.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
So after taking a BP pill last, I checked my BP this morning, 85/79. Them little bastards work fast.

I’m still trying to quit chewing, for now I am using a nicotine product called ON.,little packets. I got on the old Nordi-Trak for a bit. Those ski machines kick your azz. Now for push-ups.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mine was a little high yesterday 154/95. The NP wants to put on medication.

I don’t want to get started on that stuff yet.. I need to make some changes, like exercising more, and perhaps quite chewing. Damned it was fun. (I don’t drink alcohol).

In 2020 it was 134/76. Then I used to take a shot of apple cider vinegar every day.

Anyone got any natural remedies? Or experiences to share.

Before you go off the deep end and medication, do yourself the following:
1. Buy yourself a good BP machine (battery powered and automatic, they are under 100 bucks)
2. The CORRECT way to take your blood pressure is to be sitting down for AT LEAST TEN minutes, with your arm resting on something level with your heart or close to it.
4. About 40% of Americans suffer from "White Coat" hypertension, so odds are you are one of them. Most Fliers and type "A"s do suffer from this malady and I'n betting you do as well.

When I go to the doctor, my BP is almost invariably in the 140/90 range, my Doc who is also an AF (National Guard) Flight Surgeon laughs. When I'm home and take it as prescribed about, it runs about 112-115/60. So he put me on BP meds for a month, BP at home went even lower, 105/60s. I go back to the office and guess what it read? Yep, 140/90. BUT...during the course of the day, if will be higher, so keeping it in check is a wise idea. And yes, dropping weight will also help.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
my BP is just too low. Yesterday it was 109/60.

Sam......

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

486 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 2500HD, 49 invisible), 1,961 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,035
Posts18,520,955
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.