Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Some of my classmates are in a nursing home, and some are not living.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by losttrail60
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I'm sure most of you crabby ol turds will not be missed at a reunion, party, or most any type of gathering.

What a bunch of sorry old bastards.

And you’re the reason why all these crabby turds wouldn’t come to a reunion, they would be afraid to run into someone like you…

Must be fun to be crabby and afraid of people. You best stay home and stroke your ego. No one will miss you I am sure.

I’m not afraid of people like you I just don’t want to run into people like you. I’m sure you were in band because you’re the kind of people I used to beat up for fun before and after school.

Nahh, guys with haircuts like yours keep me in lunch money and sore knuckles. To bad you are afraid to go to your reunion, your words not mine.
The guys that use to beat on you probably would leave you alone now.

What happened, you used to admire Shrapnel. Jealousy kick in?

Are you the shrapnel that posts a lot over on Hunttalk?

If so you have some dang fine firearms.

Are you stupid?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
This thread got me to wondering. 50th is still 2 years away. (Class of 74). So I got to looking. Found a public Faceberg page so I checked it out. I don’t do Faceberg but it let me scope it out. Saw many old fat people. I don’t know these people!!!!!

Apparently with the current attrition rates, they have some kind of gathering every year. I remember going to the 10th anniv. I really have nothing in common with these people. Didn’t 50 years ago either.

I doubt I would be remembered by any of these ancients. The next gathering is in November. Still not sure I want to make my presence known.

Go Bob,

Dress appropriately.

Some of that garb we see pictures of you wearing would seem appropriate...................to me.

Or maybe just hickory bibs?..................with puttees just for fun?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Coming up soon for me. If I can make it to SoCal, I might even get a saltwater fishing trip in with the relatives still there. And maybe if the waves are right some body surfing.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Put in your number.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
In all honesty, I hated school. From the very first day of first grade until high school graduation.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In all honesty, I hated school. From the very first day of first grade until high school graduation.
It was assigned, so I did it.

Should have graduated in summer of my Junior year, but had to take one class in first semester of senior year as my GPA was 1/2 point below what "they" decided was the qualifying point to take that extra class my junior year.

Somewhere in my mess, I have the report cards from K-3 grades. Already there were excellent and above average marks for scheidt I deemed worthy of my effort............and failures for crap I didn't enjoy and things like paying attention in class, being a good classmate, blah blah blah.

The nuns said I wasn't applying myself and that I was a disturbance at times. Nowadays I think they call it "he's somewhere on the Spectrum"

When I got to college, I mostly liked school as I could study what I wanted............except they still made me take "personal development" and fine arts classes. Argumentation and Native American Art filled those so I wasn't completely unhappy.

In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I didn’t go to all mine either, but the wife tells me that there is a natural progression to how the conversations go.

10 year it is all about where you went on to school and how successful you’ve been.

20 year it is about what successful children you have raised.

30 year it is about what wonderful grand children that your kids have had.

40 year is all about all the stuff that you have acquired and looking forward to retiring.

50 year is that you are still upright and in good health and nobody gives a rip what you have or have done.

We have a very active couple of people from our class who keep a running log of who croaked and shake us down for a scholarship fund for our school every reunion.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Damn nice gto 👊🏻

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

This was me, all the way through school. When I was in elementary school, I figured that all the teachers had to be convicted felons sentenced to teach school, because I couldn’t believe anyone that got out of school would ever go back intentionally….

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K

This was me, all the way through school. When I was in elementary school, I figured that all the teachers had to be convicted felons sentenced to teach school, because I couldn’t believe anyone that got out of school would ever go back intentionally….

Thank you Shrap!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I know that everyone doesn't have it, but I'm surprised reunions are still an active thing with the invent of Facebook. I'm younger than the majority here but I keep in touch with alot of who I went to school with on there. Worked great for dating when I went through a divorce too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We had our 50th a couple years ago only because a couple of lower classes invited us. Whether we would have gotten it done ourselves is an open question. It might speak to the fact that our class is finished with get-togethers. I greatly enjoyed it. I also enjoyed high school and school in general.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Raeford
I don’t need anymore women after me! Hell can’t make thru the damn grocery store without these old broads hitting on me.

"hitting on ya? or throwing canned goods at ya?"

#J/Kwon'tfunnee

Bob often goes to the supermarket dead broke, but carries bag after bag of canned goods into his kitchen. I think that's pretty damned clever, myself.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I'm sure most of you crabby ol turds will not be missed at a reunion, party, or most any type of gathering.

What a bunch of sorry old bastards.

And you’re the reason why all these crabby turds wouldn’t come to a reunion, they would be afraid to run into someone like you…

Must be fun to be crabby and afraid of people. You best stay home and stroke your ego. No one will miss you I am sure.

I’m not afraid of people like you I just don’t want to run into people like you. I’m sure you were in band because you’re the kind of people I used to beat up for fun before and after school.

Nahh, guys with haircuts like yours keep me in lunch money and sore knuckles. To bad you are afraid to go to your reunion, your words not mine.
The guys that use to beat on you probably would leave you alone now.

What happened, you used to admire Shrapnel. Jealousy kick in?

Are you the shrapnel that posts a lot over on Hunttalk?

If so you have some dang fine firearms.

Are you stupid?

Lol, that's what I thought, jealousy is a childish emotion, are you still in high school?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
12 years of catholic school for me. As each year went by, I hated it more. I wouldn't go to a reunion if it was held walking distance to my house. The asshats can reunion all they want.

College was so much better.

If I ever ran into one or 2 priests in particular that taught me in high school, I would deliver them an ass kicking. Seriously.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
12 years of catholic school for me. As each year went by, I hated it more. I wouldn't go to a reunion if it was held walking distance to my house. The asshats can reunion all they want.

If I ever ran into one or 2 priests in particular that taught me in high school, I would deliver them an ass kicking. Seriously.

I would pay to see a Priest get his ass kicked. Nothing against Catholics or priests, it’s just a spectacle I would like to see rather than imagine…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

I would pay to see a Priest get his ass kicked. Nothing against Catholics or priests, it’s just a spectacle I would like to see rather than imagine…

back to the GTO...........

My '68 Dart GTS 340 would have give ya a run fur your money

If not.....

The '70 440 6 pack 'Cuda would'a blown your doors off

Man..those were the days

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
have 1-2 pics

bought it from the original owner in '70 for $1400

Sold it to a buddy 2 yrs later......he still has it along with his original wife ):

Here's a quick pic........Nov '18

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
wish'd I was 20 YO again

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,447 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,170
Posts18,484,590
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.