Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Checking in with my lgs today regarding any new shipments of primers. I received the obvious answer, as expected, but was told that Fiochi is now making primers “over there” for both Winchester and Federal. They are packaged in Winchester or Federal boxes to match the original manufacturer. The overseas shipping is what’s causing delays.

?

I find that awfully hard to believe.

What does the 24 HR Illuminati say?

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
In Europe I had never ever seen a Fiocchi primer, and suddenly they are available everywhere here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
chamois;
Good evening - I think I got that time right? - I hope the day behaved itself well enough for you and you're in fine health.

We occasionally would see primers from Russia and China here in Canada. I want to say the Chinese ones were in a fairly bright yellow carton with a red star?

There are Sellier & Bellot primers for sale here for sure, but I've not seen them in the local store - though to be honest I should ask them as I'd like to try some. As an aside I've had very good success with Sellier & Bellot .22 ammo and a shooting buddy has picked up 8x57 as well as .243 ammo that seems just fine as well.

If I'd see Fiocchi primers I'd be just as happy to try some, again based on shooting a few different types of Fiocchi .22 ammo and I want to say some 12 gauge slugs that were the right price and all went bang when asked.

Perhaps some of the shortages will open the doors for some of the other makers into the North American market? We'll see, but it's always interesting to try new stuff.

Oh, last thought on this would be way back in the day I went through a carton of RWS primers that were likely from the '60's buddy thought when I bought them from him. Mainly they went into an '06 BBR that I was shooting a fair bit at the time and again they seemed fine to me.

All the best and have a good rest of the evening.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 08/10/22.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't know about the primers, but I'm picking up GFL (Giulio Fiocchi Lecco) headstamped .308 and '06 brass at the range. Never seen it before.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Don't know about the primers, but I'm picking up GFL (Giulio Fiocchi Lecco) headstamped .308 and '06 brass at the range. Never seen it before.

Fiocchi is doing their part guys. I say kudos to them, as they were putting out some good ammo at decent prices when other manufactures were dropping the ball. I'd have no qualms at all about buying Fiocchi primers. Just sayin.. If these other stupid fu cks can't put out, then I'm going with someone else..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I just split a sleeve of 5,000 Cheddite 209 primers with a buddy. Total cost for the sleeve with shipping, hazmat and sales tax was $348. Ouch.

Last edited by Labman95; 08/10/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I doubt CCI is being made by Fiochi. Vista is a big ammo producer and I know they have always made their own primers.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m shooting the Hell outa Fiocchi shotshells, 9s, and .223. Excellent stuff, priced nicely. Don’t need primers, but would certainly try them if I did.

The ammo I’m buying is made here for the most part. Not sure about the Golden Pheasant shotshells, which sell like hotcakes in this area.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Fact not rumor. A company out of the Dallas Metroplex, has started renovating part of LONE STAR ARMY AMMUNITION PLANT in Hooks, Texas, maybe 4-6 months ago with plan to produce primers first then ammo. I do not know what the status is as of today but
maybe nearing actual production. Daniel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DLALLDER
Fact not rumor. A company out of the Dallas Metroplex, has started renovating part of LONE STAR ARMY AMMUNITION PLANT in Hooks, Texas, maybe 4-6 months ago with plan to produce primers first then ammo. I do not know what the status is as of today but
maybe nearing actual production. Daniel

I actually saw a news clip on that very thing a few months ago. They interviewed the CEO. Be great to have another manufacturer.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I sent a PM to member on another forum, that knows the man doing it. Maybe he will know status of the new plant. Daniel

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have 9000 Unis Ginex primers from Bosnia. They fit really tight, and shoot very well also.

"Give a lazy man the toughest job, and he will find the easiest way to do it"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Back in my sporting clays days, I used to load all my shotshell ammo with Fiocchi primers. They all went a bang, prices were very reasonable. Probably still have 4K left I bought at $20/1000.

Someone ought to call the Anguilla folks in Mexico and order a container of primers. It’s getting ridiculous.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
This thread doesn't apply to me because I have plenty of primers. Call it forsight, lack of no insight, or whatever you want

Last edited by Trystan; 08/10/22.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Trystan
This thread doesn't apply to me because I have plenty of primers. Call it forsight, lack of no insight, or whatever you want

Yeah, I have a million primers too. Fu ck everyone else huh?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

If it doesn’t apply to you then why did you click on the thread and then respond?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

You bragging or complaining

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Shot thousands of Fiochi primers years ago with no problems. They were priced right and worked just fine.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
guy57;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day was a fine one for you.

Thanks for the report on actual use, I appreciate it.

With any new primers, I'd expect there's a bit of a learning curve, as in the Bosnian ones that FC363 said were tight.

The RWS ones I used back in the day were a really hard cup and didn't show "traditional" pressure as fast as say a Federal 210 did, so when I tried them with the same loads it was a bit of an eye opener for me.

Also I had one brand of brass that escapes me now that the pockets were just a tad tight, so harder primers like Remington 9½ were hard to seat but again Federal 210 were dandy.

If I see some Fiocchi up here across the medicine line and they don't need too, too many body parts or first born children for some, I'll absolutely give them a whirl.

Part of the fun for me with reloading is playing with new components just to see if it's even a little bit better.

All the best and thanks again.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jwp475

You bragging or complaining

I am in the same boat at Trystan.....

I wouldn't consider that bragging or complaining...the message I send, and think he is doing the same...

Never ever trust a democRat except to know that they will forever be coming for your firearms, your ammunition and everything else they can get their hands on....Take that as you please....no intention of pissing anyone off....period.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (44mc, 3333vl, 2UP, 1eyedmule, 308ld, 35, 12 invisible), 1,538 guests, and 903 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,772
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.