Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Huncho
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Can’t believe no one’s suggested it yet, but hookers and blow?
How much have you made off that ? Please share with us.

Hunter Biden made a fortune with that plan... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
On the one hand you gush over our polite friend from Canada and his manners and how much it's needed on this forum, but then show your ass to the world.

But just keep deluding yourself that you're one of those people "that gets it".

LOL
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Fireball2
On the one hand you gush over our polite friend from Canada and his manners and how much it's needed on this forum, but then show your ass to the world.

But just keep deluding yourself that you're one of those people "that gets it".

Gush is a pretty strong word Ballz...

Your menstrual cycle must be extra heavy at the moment.

Bless your heart... and take a couple Midol... maybe?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
FYI...

It is actually T1-11... not T-111.

Just trying to be helpful.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by CashisKing
FYI...

Damn, no wonder my siding keeps falling off, I've been using the T-111 discount stuff!!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
FYI...

Playing with your OCD never gets old.

LOL
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
FYI...

Well durn... You got me...

You pulled the old switcheroo... and knew full well that it was T1-11 and not T-111...

Just like the cool $850,000 you is investing.

Dang...

And all this time I just thought you were a stupid fugging moron...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FYI...

Well durn... You got me...

You pulled the old switcheroo... and knew full well that it was T1-11 and not T-111...

Just like the cool $850,000 you is investing.

Dang...

And all this time I just thought you were a stupid fugging moron...
It's actually $850.00, not $850,000

Politics is War by Other Means
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Tyrone
It's actually $850.00, not $850,000

Double durn...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lapua6547
Bought lots of RIOT at 4.30

Riot Blockchain Inc
10.21 USD
+5.31 (108.93%)past month
I own some RIOT that I bought at $5.63 a share not long ago. It closed at $9.93 today. Not too shabby for about a month. But RIOT can break your heart. Most of 2020 it was in the $2 to $3 range and then shot up to over $70 in February of 2021. I had bought several hundred shares at below $3 but didn't get out until they were back down in the $40 and $30s. A heck of a nice gain but about half of what it could have been. Some poor souls bought in at $70 and bless their hearts saw it go to a little over $4.

With the central banks looking at crypto as enemy #1 I wouldn't go whole hog on it.

To the original inquiry, I would sure want to only take advice from someone with a long track record of success. That wouldn't be me. I've lucked into some really good stocks and done the best with rural land increasing in value. But I've sure picked some dogs too. My trouble is reluctance to sell when things get overvalued (such as RIOT).

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by JeffA
For the people suggesting income property, how active are you in managing it yourselves, or do you hire a property management company for hands off?

Answer this question.

You've acquired a nifty rental and you're screening prospective tenants.

You see my name and number listed on a application as current landlord, you call me.

I tell you the guys good, pays his rent on time never caused me any trouble.

Would this make you feel confident in renting to this guy?

I've gave tenants a good reference because I wanted them the hell out of my house so I could try to clean it back up. I've never had renters take care of yards and all my rentals were single family homes. I couldn't handle the stress of watching people destroy my stuff and couldn't make money unless I managed the homes and did the repairs. I had a place charge me $530 to replace a thermostat with one that was $22 at walmart.

I unfortunately sold most of my rentals too early a few years ago. I missed the big run up I was planning for when I bought them. I tried to sell my last one about 3 months ago for a huge profit but my wife didn't want to let it go. It's already down about $50k in value in just the last few months.

After our renters moved out last month we had to clean the inside with snow shovels and 39 gallon trash bags. They even left their dishes in the sink dirty. Garbage everywhere. Hauled 4 full pickup bed loads of just garbage to the dump them a few more loads of their belongings they refused to come get. Then their dad called and asked for the deposit back. I laughed and said that didn't cover the yard work and the inside of the house was much worse.

Renters can really suck but if my timing would have been better I could have made a lot of money. I was into my houses an average of about $125k each and a few months ago they were all valued between $350k-$400k if I would have still had them. I just raised rent on our last one when I rerented it. The last slobs were only paying $1200, I raised it to $1700 and rented it easily. However a few years ago our taxes and insurance averaged about $180 a month. Now it's over $450 a month so I only see $1250 of the $1700.

Bb

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by lapua6547
Bought lots of RIOT at 4.30

Riot Blockchain Inc
10.21 USD
+5.31 (108.93%)past month

Great call.

BTW, your post count is rather devilish. 😈

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Dinty Moore beef stew.

This and silver and lead.

IM ON IT!!! 😀👍☠️🤠

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
You got some cool and practical hobbies.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Rental property is a good deal but be careful what State said property is in . This trend in squatting is unnerving to say the least.

I have had rental properties in the past NJ and FL and had some great tenants others not so great.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is a lot more complicated question than it seems at first glance.

How much hands on do you want in this "investment"? Or how much time and interest do you have in being a hands on manager? Doesn't matter if it is rentals, day trading, or selling ping pong balls, you need to define how hands on you want to be to start with.

I have several buddies who are day traders and they are pretty much part time on the computer studying their investments every day, including weekends. They get by, but they have tight months and they have good months, but it takes a lot of their time. Rentals are going to be the same- are you going to be the one cleaning them every time somebody does damage, calls about a light bulb being out, or moves out and leaves a pig sty? Or are you going to hire a management company to take care of all of tha for you at a percentage of your income stream?

If you don't want the hassle, either buy a house that is undervalued, fix it up, and either rent it or flip it and move on to the next one by leveraging the value of the property with a HELOC. If that is too much trouble, get yourself a good investment counselor or stockbroker and let him handle the stress of diversifying your funds for the best return. My broker is a good hunting buddy who used to be on this forum and he has done a great job for me over the years. I don't know enough to do the trading myself and expect decent returns- I've tried and lost my butt several times. And I can't handle the volatile nature of certain investments so I need someone to hand off to and I keep away from checking up on him constantly. I've had bad brokers and you will lose your butt with most of them. But if you can find one you can trust like my buddy John, they can do a great job for you and you just sit back and watch your investment grow.

Of course, these are just examples, there are lots of ways to go with an investment like that, but sitting down with an investment couselor can help determine your priorities and a strategy.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Talking with two different financial advisors. Making some short term changes until all the details can be ironed out and tax liabilities mitigated.

LOL
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Talking with two different financial advisors. Making some short term changes until all the details can be ironed out and tax liabilities mitigated.

Fireball, ask your advisors about the new Treasury ETF’s coming on the market. They’ll initially be offered in 2 year and 10 year maturity dates but can be accessed daily just like selling a stock.

These are supposed to be expanded to more maturity date offerings like the 5 year, 7 year and on out to the 30 year.

In a rising rate environment like we’re now in you’d most likely want to stay with shorter maturities.

With these you have both safety and immediate access should you have a sudden need crop up on you.

Good luck with your decision and let us know what direction you’re gonna take.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I buy tillable farm land. Good land rents out quickly, as in within hours of the word getting out. Ask for 25 percent at the beginning of the year and the balance 30 days after harvest.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (007FJ, 21, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 2,573 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.