-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The drought and the draw has me closed out here where I live; didn't draw a big game tag of any kind.

So, I'm looking for advice as to where and how to find a deer hunt this fall. It might be my last deer hunt, but it doesn't have to be "the hunt of a lifetime", just a successful and somewhat relaxing hunt. I can drive a couple of days from western NV in my older GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 with a medium sized C/O camper and can tow a UTV/ATV if that helps.

The Non-Res hunt needs to be relatively affordable and somewhere where non-res tags can be bought over the counter, and I will need access to land to hunt. I can afford a reasonable trespass fee. Some bird hunting would be a big bonus for me, but that's not necessary.

I welcome any suggestions.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd likely look at Nebraska for an OTC tag - some areas are draw-only but there's a fair amount of OTC tags.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
I'd likely look at Nebraska for an OTC tag - some areas are draw-only but there's a fair amount of OTC tags.

Heading to their DOW site right now. THANKS

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
It might be farther than you want to drive, but the Deep South states have tons of deer, generous bag limits, and long seasons.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by okie john
It might be farther than you want to drive, but the Deep South states have tons of deer, generous bag limits, and long seasons.

Okie John

Yep, I was going to suggest it but wasn't sure exactly how far he wanted to put on the "couple of days from western NV". Alabama has an ~3 month rifle season (mid-Nov to early Feb), unlimited does, 3 bucks, and lots of public land and WMA's with scheduled hunts. I think a 1 year all-game license is around $350 for a non-resident. That would include turkey as well. I think there's 3 and 10 day license for out of state hunters as well.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That is a real long trip anymore, sadly.

I am considering it, and I will be trying for a Region 7 MT doe tag on Monday, it appears.

I need to check some bird seasons, also.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Missouri would get my attention.

I Kill Things......deal with it..
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by wildone
Yup. I am also in the Missouri camp.... I would start to research options in Missouri....

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oklahoma.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wildone
Nothing special around here.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by skeen
Oklahoma.
Nothing to see in Oklahoma, barren flat lands, no game, no water, mean people, and no fun.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by luv2safari
The drought and the draw has me closed out here where I live; didn't draw a big game tag of any kind.

So, I'm looking for advice as to where and how to find a deer hunt this fall. It might be my last deer hunt, but it doesn't have to be "the hunt of a lifetime", just a successful and somewhat relaxing hunt. I can drive a couple of days from western NV in my older GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 with a medium sized C/O camper and can tow a UTV/ATV if that helps.

The Non-Res hunt needs to be relatively affordable and somewhere where non-res tags can be bought over the counter, and I will need access to land to hunt. I can afford a reasonable trespass fee. Some bird hunting would be a big bonus for me, but that's not necessary.

I welcome any suggestions.

It is a haul for you, but I've got 23 undeveloped acres in middle Georgia. Bring your camper, set up stay as along as you like, just respect the property, that's all I ask.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 19rabbit52, 57 invisible), 3,081 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,896
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.