Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by tzone
Why do you old bastards care what people spend their money on.

For a bunch of guys that preach freedoms y’all have a lot of restrictions for others.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Especially if you have tats!!

Camp is where you make it.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have never seen a tattoo make an ugly woman look better, and I have seen beautiful women destroy their beauty with one

Last edited by saddlesore; 08/15/22.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by tzone
Why do you old bastards care what people spend their money on.

For a bunch of guys that preach freedoms y’all have a lot of restrictions for others.

No one is restricting anyone's freedom; we're merely opining on the abject stupidity of some people's choices. Stop trying to restrict our freedom to do that!

I didn't restrict any of your "freedoms."

You'd probably have more if you weren't acting like a self righteous prick.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by memtb
Like most everyone else…….get a tattoo to show your individualism 🤔! memtb

Or be like everyone and bitch about them. laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everybody gets judged everyday... whether they like it or not...
When I see face and neck tatt's I form an opinion immediately and it's not good.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

D
dpd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by irfubar
Everybody gets judged everyday... whether they like it or not...
When I see face and neck tatt's I form an opinion immediately and it's not good.

Me too. I guess my age and upbringing has something to do with it. Back in the day, "look at me, look at me" was not a thing.

Having said that, getting a tattoo doesn't change a person or what's on the inside. So maybe it's my loss.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Our oldest son is tatted up from his neck to the tips of his fingers, inside his palms as well.
Truly never understood his motivation other than when he was in is grade school years his bio dad would take him to tattoo parlors.
He actually went to tattoo school and did tats for a living. He was great at it.

His spouse is the same. They have an Instagram with 65K followers or so last time I visited it.

It is tough, as a father figure, to watch a good kid get judged. But he understand it completely. When we go eat as a family unit, many times the host makes an assumption they are not part of our tribe.
It's the other two kids, that have no tats at all, that are more defensive over them than they are for themselves.

to such is life, accepting people for who they are, and not be irrationally judgmental while still holding them accountable.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CRS
Love these threads every time they come up. Tattoos are a personal choice, plain and simple. Realize I just got done working through my 31st Sturgis rally. I get to see lots of fresh ink. Some cool ones, and some not to my liking. If someone judges me or anyone by whether there is ink on them, speaks volumes about the person judging.
Yes - I am big on the search for personal freedom and the right to make choices that are best for the individual.

Regarding your reference to "speaks volumes" - yes, the volumes spoken are exactly about the fact that you are free to affect or deface your body in any way you wish, such as tats, piercings, alcohol, drugs, etc. - and I want zero control over any of that.

Conversely, others are free to form any opinion - or many opinions - about what you have done to your body and why you have done it - to form assessments and voice opinions about your actions. Personal freedom. Your body choices - fine - display those. My thinking choices - free to display.

Those are the volumes

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It appears that those of us that “do not” disfigure our bodies with the art originally used by the heathens of the world, are in the minority…..not the majority!

Body art (tattoos, piercings, plates in the lips, ect.) were prohibited by God for the Children of Israel to help distinguish them from the heathens of the day! I don’t think that was rescinded! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shinbone
‘Show the world how unique you are by doing what everyone else is doing.”

Exactly. It is a fad. I don't have any tattoos for the same reason I never wore parachute pants or had a mullet cut.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TnBigBore

Exactly. It is a fad. I don't have any tattoos for the same reason I never wore parachute pants or had a mullet cut.

Bell bottoms and silk disco shirts.... some fads don't age well.... tatt's are permanent for the most part, why set yourself up for regrets in the future?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Has anybody on this forum…especially those with a clear disdain for others who have a tattoo….“disfigured” their bodies by becoming really fat, even to the point of obesity…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by TnBigBore

Bell bottoms and silk disco shirts.... some fads don't age well.... tatt's are permanent for the most part, why set yourself up for regrets in the future?

Many years ago I saw a young man with a large wolf tattoo on his back! Now, many years later, it looks like an old, mangy German Shepherd taking a dump! 😂

This was an exaggeration…..but, not by a hellofalot! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 08/15/22.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Has anybody on this forum…especially those with a clear disdain for others who have a tattoo….“disfigured” their bodies by becoming really fat, even to the point of obesity…?

I think that is the biggest reason people get tattoos. I was in a tattoo shop the other day and the guy said, “I want a tattoo because I don’t like fat people!”

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by memtb
Body art was prohibited by God for the Children of Israel to help distinguish them from the heathens of the day! I don’t think that was rescinded!
You livin’ and abidin’ by ALL of those old covenant commands today…? Or are you just cherry-pickin’ the ones that appeal to you and your biases and beliefs…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Obesity is reversible

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
ya know, one day when I was in the area, I walked over to our local food stamp and welfare office, and went inside.

This pretty, gal came over and asked me if I was there to file for food stamps. She was a little on the heavy side, but attractive and well endowed.

She had a stack of forms, and told me that they were there to help me fill out the forms to maximize my benefits under Oregon Law.

I told her No Thanks.. actually I am there looking for someone who called me and told me they needed a ride home, but I don't see them, so they must have gotten a ride home with someone else.

my final statement to her was " ya know, I think you and I are the only people in here that don't have tattoos on their body"...

she smiles, puts her forms down on the counter next to us... unbuttons two buttons off her blouse, and pulls it down revealing the top half of a pair of 44 DD breasts and says to me.. " No sir... just you.. are the only one in here who doesn't have tattoos"...

She sure showed me! But what the tattoos were on, sure was a nice picture....

I left thinking, if these people didn't have all those tattoos, and still had the money they spent on them..... they wouldn't need to be on Food Stamps..

of course being on Food Stamps from the state is what freed up their wallets to get the damn things...

once again, we tax paying public, are paying the bills for society's welfare bums...

Oregon tax payers, paid the cost for those tattoos in there.. directly or indirectly.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Mainly, the tattoos I'm critical of are the 'home done' by wannabe tattoo artists.

Worked at a place for a short while that had one such wannabe tattoo artist who picked up the trade in prison and after being paroled did it on cheap from his home as a side job for extra cash.

He was just so-so okay as far as his artistic ability, only worked in one color -- black/blue -- and could only do outline tattoos. What I thought was especially scary was he still used a homemade prison tattoo gun and used over the counter rubbing alcohol to sterilize equipment with between customers because he didn't have a professional commercial autoclave.

Most of his customers were young both male and female folks from work. They'd all pile up at his house trailer on Friday evening, stay drunk and high on drugs all weekend and show up to work on Monday hungover and with at least one or two new tattoos done by the prison artist tattooer.

Every pay day they'd repeat -- pickup paycheck early, buy booze or drugs or both, order in pizzas at work, head out to prison tattooists place after work, show up at work Monday, broke by Wednesday (at the latest) and start bumming cigarettes, drink money and gas money until next payday.

I've often wondered how many wound up contracting some blood-borne disease from getting tattoos on the cheap from him.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (007FJ, 21, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 71 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,916
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.