Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure there are plans drawn up already to divert at least half of the Columbia.

1Minute
GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I been saying that for years, Mississippi always floods

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by hanco
I been saying that for years, Mississippi always floods

I have saying for over 20 years
Why do they not build a water pipeline with fingers running around the Country and places that have flooding can pay to pump water into the system to get rid of it out of their area and other places that are in a drought can pay to get the water out of the system.

Paying at both ends could pay for the filtration , Pumps and Maintenance.

But then I am just a stupid Welder/ Inspector

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
All the naysayers that don't want California to get water might check all the Trump counties out. They are the ones that need the water. Look at the vote in places like Susanville and Shingletown. Good redneck people in that part of the state. I agree with hating on Berkley, San Fran, and LA et al but not the red side of the state.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, our county has historically voted red at a 75% rate.

Of course, there's only about 4k registered voters, less than on a city block in LA probably.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
1,400 miles of 1" PVC pipe oughta' do it.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
Prolly not doable. But they better hurry up and do something cause its shrinking fast

You've heard of the US Army Corps of Engineers?

It's doable..................................if they decide it is.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pipelines are bad, or so Montanans have been told..

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/california-regulator-rejects-plan-desalination-plant-2022-05-13/

You can about imagine what kinda of kooky enviro reasoning is behind this. Heck, they get enough sun that they could probably power it with solar.

They already suck the Colorado dry, or darn near. Now they want to start on the Missouri Or Mississippi, but they can’t make way for a desalination plant when they are on the largest body of water on earth?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Want to fill Powell & Mead? Quit releasing water! Not a drop of the Colorado makes it to the Pacific anymore. If Cali dried up and blew away so much the better.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
The root of the water problem is California's 40 million population living in a desert. Establish reverse migration to Mexico until the population is down to a Sustainable 5 million or so.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fug CA, let them be dust in the wind.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldidaho
The root of the water problem is California's 40 million population living in a desert. Establish reverse migration to Mexico until the population is down to a Sustainable 5 million or so.
This ^^ I just thought that water from Devils Lake is so much closer than the Mississippi. But, ND is a small State with a relatively few people so I'm sure there is no reason to help them out. Just because the lake continues to grow and the salination problem is only going to get worse doesn't mean a thing to Washinton D.C.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by kwg020
This ^^ I just thought that water from Devils Lake is so much closer than the Mississippi. But, ND is a small State with a relatively few people so I'm sure there is no reason to help them out. Just because the lake continues to grow and the salination problem is only going to get worse doesn't mean a thing to Washinton D.C.

kwg

Devils Lake isn’t all that big - wouldn’t help California much. May drain much of it just filling up the pipeline. Devils lake could easily shrink again with prolonged drought - we were in a wet cycle for a while and I’m not sure that it is still growing.

Much of the upper Missouri drainage can be subject to drought as well - not sure it would be “consistent” enough. Often Wyoming and Montana, where much of the Missouri water comes from, are dry when California is dry. Upper stream and lower stream states already fight about the water.

It is pretty much uphill from the Mississippi to the continental divide in the Rockies.

Again, the Pacific Ocean is the largest body of water in the world. Why not desalination?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Funny stuff the idea is. They want to pump a flow rate that is equivalent to 1/3 that of Niagara Falls. Good grief Charlie Brown.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
Not just California but Las Vegas area. You cant build a green yard in a desert or golf course

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yeah, let’s screw up a unique ecosystem in a red state for those fruity fugs in California.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Maybe California would be more “sustainable” if they weren’t a sanctuary state for illegal immigrants. It amazes me that so often the biggest advocates for open borders are also the craziest greenies.

The country would actually be more livable with 250 million people instead of 335 million. With our reduced birth rate, if we controlled our borders, we would eventually downsize to a population more easily supported by our resources, with more space for everyone.

Last edited by Slope77; 08/16/22.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Maybe quit paying money for Mexicans to make babies and pay them to get fixed instead?

Close up the Chynese anchor baby motels?

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/16/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1minute, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,708
Posts18,513,904
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.