Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1minute
I'm sure there are plans drawn up already to divert at least half of the Columbia.

They have been trying that for years and every time it comes up they have gotten a very, very firm NO in response. From the Oregon Government and the Feds.... Pretty sure this time won't be any different.

If you want to see wasteful water use- drive down I5 and see where they are growing flood irrigated rice in the desert... biggest waste of resources ever... Just more evidence of how far up their asses they have their heads in California

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by 1minute
I'm sure there are plans drawn up already to divert at least half of the Columbia.

They have been trying that for years and every time it comes up they have gotten a very, very firm NO in response. From the Oregon Government and the Feds.... Pretty sure this time won't be any different.

If you want to see wasteful water use- drive down I5 and see where they are growing flood irrigated rice in the desert... biggest waste of resources ever... Just more evidence of how far up their asses they have their heads in California

We have all the water we want for watering Golf Courses

I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It is perfect "lib think" to ban something and then demand something else that requires what you just banned.
It should be written into their contract that they require any pump used to transfer water be powered by a renewable power source...

And don't look to the Great Lakes to bail their a$$ out. There's already been numerous studies that show that a major water withdrawal will cause irreparable damage to the watershed. Kali can go fūck themselves.

And I think the Great Lakes region passed a law several years back of not giving water away

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Water for lawns and golf courses are a pipeline priority for liberal infestations over pipe lines for oil for whole country use, obviously. I'm sure they would avoid all First Nation "holy" sites...

Get a clue, guys! smile

Last edited by las; 08/16/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
The Upper Peninsula is full of signs with a picture of Lake Superior and the caption "not for sale".

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by IA_fog
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It is perfect "lib think" to ban something and then demand something else that requires what you just banned.
It should be written into their contract that they require any pump used to transfer water be powered by a renewable power source...

And don't look to the Great Lakes to bail their a$$ out. There's already been numerous studies that show that a major water withdrawal will cause irreparable damage to the watershed. Kali can go fūck themselves.

And I think the Great Lakes region passed a law several years back of not giving water away
They give it away, but it has to be agreed upon by all of the states that surround the lakes and Canada. The volume is tightly monitored with Chicago being the biggest user. The flow of the chicago river is reversed flushing their schidt into the Mississippi river. Also used it to supplement the level of the upper Mississippi when they had low water levels.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why are so many against moving fresh water around for the benefit of mankind?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
There is no way the states east of CO are gonna allow the west coast to tap the Mississippi. It's laughable.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
There is no way the states east of CO any states are gonna allow the west coast to tap the Mississippi California to tap their water. It's laughable.

Don't lump us all in.

Carpe' Scrotum
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Powell & Mead are in the news every day out here

water is good

this res.....is where the MIL gets her water

tease her all the time.....Dorothy gets up & goes out watering yard/plants

Joe's Valley drops anther foot

https://www.ksl.com/article/5045840...rotect-futures-of-lake-powell-lake-mead-

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Hastings
Hastings I have a couple thoughts and questions for u per ur comment
First do you really think moving water from the Mississippi will fix the problem? If and a big if it got congress approved today and no environmental delays no push back from any organization it would take close to 10 yrs to build this. Lake mead i believe is almost dead pool now which means can’t produce power soon or let any water through.
Second I have no problem helping people you actually need and appreciate it however,,, and trust me I’m a Trumpster I view yahoo news which seems even more liberal every day and I read the story’s and see the pictures of people still watering their yards even with restrictions. They say they don’t care fine me. And almonds for export? Come on let’s grow to feed us the USA. And golf courses stop watering them. When the areas in need stop and at least try to show they worried then I will be. Secondly their arrogance out there got them to where they are on several fronts including water. This situation SHOULD have been addressed 20 30 years ago. The resivors were made for 1/4th the population and 1/4th the golf courses etc. and why on earth would you build in a desert without making any changes to the water situation.
Just my 2 cents

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Just to round out the discussion, Glen Canyon Dam on Lake Powell was damn near over-topped and wiped out in the flood of 1983.

Currently reading "The Emerald Mile" about the fastest dorry boat trip ever down the Colorado through the Grand Canyon at massive flood stage that was tearing up Glen Canyon Dam.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
Prolly not doable. But they better hurry up and do something cause its shrinking fast

You've heard of the US Army Corps of Engineers?

It's doable..................................if they decide it is.

The Corp has fupped duck every thing they've ever tried to do. No reason whatsoever to think they'd get this right, none.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Once again, fug you guys. Find your own damned water.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Lake Michigan is so high that on an east wind the waves are so close to the road that you need your wind shield wipers on sometimes. It is about 4' higher than normal, maybe more. I still wont give them a drop cause in 10 yrs the water level might be down 4' below normal and ships have to lower their weight coming into all the harbors. I will give them water when they repent of their actions. It is much like Sodom and Gomora over there. If the repent, maybe God will end the drought. They wont though.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
To think that you can rob water by the millions of acre feet from one locale and move it without major repercussions is almost as smart as believing that Biden, the jab, and supporting the ukraine are in America’s best interests.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Morewood
Just to round out the discussion, Glen Canyon Dam on Lake Powell was damn near over-topped and wiped out in the flood of 1983.

Currently reading "The Emerald Mile" about the fastest dorry boat trip ever down the Colorado through the Grand Canyon at massive flood stage that was tearing up Glen Canyon Dam.

thats a great book and a great read!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Once again, fug you guys. Find your own damned water.

Geez. You harshed my mellow, JoeBob. I don't wish you ill will.

It’s really easy to say fugk Cali, or some other state without sufficient water for their current usage.

Personally, I don’t say fugk Cali or az, or any other dry state. I say use what’s there without fugking everyone else. Once you limit out, then it’s time for rock yards and sand golf courses I. Order to keep their ag alive. unless the folks of that state decide to divert the water to trivial things like a yard or golf course.

MAGA
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It ain't mankind, it is CA. Screw CA and every one of the 31,000,000 idiots that call it home.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IA_fog
Hastings I have a couple thoughts and questions for u per ur comment
First do you really think moving water from the Mississippi will fix the problem? If and a big if it got congress approved today and no environmental delays no push back from any organization it would take close to 10 yrs to build this. Lake mead i believe is almost dead pool now which means can’t produce power soon or let any water through.
Second I have no problem helping people you actually need and appreciate it however,,, and trust me I’m a Trumpster I view yahoo news which seems even more liberal every day and I read the story’s and see the pictures of people still watering their yards even with restrictions. They say they don’t care fine me. And almonds for export? Come on let’s grow to feed us the USA. And golf courses stop watering them. When the areas in need stop and at least try to show they worried then I will be. Secondly their arrogance out there got them to where they are on several fronts including water. This situation SHOULD have been addressed 20 30 years ago. The resivors were made for 1/4th the population and 1/4th the golf courses etc. and why on earth would you build in a desert without making any changes to the water situation.
Just my 2 cents
You make a lot of good points. It seems we agree on water usage for lawns and golf courses. Heck, I'm against car washing. Water is public property and should not be able to be trapped on private property in arid country. I really don't believe the Mississippi is the place to get the water as it is dirty and at near sea level. I admit I haven't studied the watershed enough to determine the closest or best place to get Great Lake water over the divide and into position to flow it to Flaming Gorge which would feed Lake Powell, Lake Mead, and Havasu. If it was only a portion of what was needed it would help and there would be some recovery of hydro-electric power from the downhill run of the water once it is over the hump. It is only a dream, I know, and would require a constitutional amendment to prevent states and enviro-nuts from stalling the project for decades.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 71 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,776
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.