Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Sending water to Cali from anywhere.....be it Lake Michigan, the Columbia, or the Mississippi is akin to feeding meth to junior high school children.

Once Cali gets a taste of OUR water, they will never get enough to satisfy them.

California State Government went to great lengths to draw people to the state. The powers that be and the developers banked $Billions. With never a thought that the growing population was rapidly outpacing their resources.

Read the history of Salton Sea. Same story, just a bit smaller. Developers got rich. Joe six pack was left holding the bag. And there was no cash left in the bag.

Water rights law has been established in this nation for a long-long time. Small wars have been fought and quite a bit of blood spilled over water. Let's not revisit those issues.

If Cali dries up and blows away, so be it. People will go bankrupt and move on. Just like my grandparents did from Oklahoma during the dust-bowl. The Earth will keep spinning, and life will go on.

A question?

I have read that Vegas has the lowest elevation water tap in Lake Mead. Sp Vegas has the physical ability to take water after dead pool level is reached and no more water is able to go downstream.

But do they have the oldest LEGAL water-rights?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Whoever has the rights might be able to pump the dead pool over the hump and get a bit more from it. I would think they'd have to filter out a lot of fish in the process.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
To think that you can rob water by the millions of acre feet from one locale and move it without major repercussions is almost as smart as believing that Biden, the jab, and supporting the ukraine are in America’s best interests.

Cali pulled it off in the Owens Valley, probably think they can do it again somewhere else.
$400 billion in the "Inflation Reduction Act" for Colorado River drought relief.
You could buy a lot of farms in CA and AZ and fallow them until the drought subsides. But they will eat up most of it in "administrative costs".
Colorado River Drought Relief

Last edited by NVhntr; 08/16/22.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
Prolly not doable. But they better hurry up and do something cause its shrinking fast

You've heard of the US Army Corps of Engineers?

It's doable..................................if they decide it is.

The Corp has fupped duck every thing they've ever tried to do. No reason whatsoever to think they'd get this right, none.

Do you see anywhere in my statement that I said they'd get it right?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I dont see such a project passing environmental review. I alsondont see States wanting to give the southwest a drop of water.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
This very type of project has been done on a small scale where I live. The local water district we have in a mountain valley has basically unlimited water for our small population but in their infinite wisdom put an EPA certified water plant at the bottom of the drainage and pumps water uphill for 20 miles in lieu of using the old water facility at the head of the canyon. Instead of using gravity they installed pumping stations. Real geniuses working on that one and this is in an area of near unlimited water resources.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

222 members (257 mag, 270wsmnutt, 160user, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16 invisible), 1,690 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,867
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.