Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hard times for lots of people.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Our local small town Ford dealer has zero new pickups on the lot.

None.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
There are 3 dealers between 10 and 20 minutes of me and 2 don't have any Super Dutys.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Our local small town Ford dealer has zero new pickups on the lot.

None.

This is why…

Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by gunzo
And I also saw the F250's in storage east of Louisville. The entire property at Ky. Speedway covered with Furds.
Last I heard, Ford cleared out the KY Speedway by sending all the trucks to crushers for scrap.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by elkmtb
used car inventory has increased and prices are coming down. interest rates and inflation is killing credit scores for the past 2 quarters now. But you still see 1-2 year old used trucks priced higher than MSRP for a new one. I know of some that are charging $10,000 additional "market adjustments" on top of the listed prices which is illegal in most places.

Where is it illegal to sell a vehicle and add a “market adjustment” ?
Here's a little info from Carsdirect.com:

Are Car Dealer Markups Legal?
By
Alex Bernstein
, Managing Editor - February 17, 2022

With the majority of car buyers now paying above MSRP, it may beg the question of whether or not car dealer markups are even legal. Since prices are market-driven and franchise rules can allow dealers to determine selling prices, dealer markups may be legal but have nuances worth knowing about to get the best deal possible.

Are new car markups legal? From the manufacturer's standpoint, dealers are often given the freedom to price cars based on market demand. In some cases, so-called market adjustments may create scenarios in which a car sells for $1,000, $5,000, or even $30,000 over MSRP. The worst markups may be even higher.

In many cases, state & local laws may dictate what a dealer can advertise to avoid "false advertising" and "bait-and-switch" situations. This may involve listing the VIN and expiration date. While it may be appropriate to talk with a legal professional if necessary, it's also important to keep in mind that cars are subject to prior sale.

Can dealers mark-up interest rates? Lenders generally need to adhere to laws meant to protect consumers. When it comes to captive financing, each automaker has its own rules and limits on markups. For example, VW Credit and Audi Financial Services recently limited the markup on lease rates from 3% down to just 1%.

If a promotional interest rate like 0% APR is being widely advertised, captive lenders may prohibit markups. In other cases, lenders allow "dealer participation" based on a customer's credit and other factors. Dealers may profit on the difference in "buy rate" and "sell rate," or sometimes take a fixed fee from the manufacturer.

Getting the best deal possible. If you think you may be paying a markup, we recommend looking at your unique situation. Prices can be subject to change and incentives generally come out at the start of the month. While there can be ways to avoid a dealer markup, your options may be limited amid an inventory shortage.

The information in this article reflects our expert analysis of car prices and manufacturer incentives and should not be interpreted as legal advice. Be sure to speak with a legal professional based on laws for the area in which you live.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I can try to snap a pic if I remember when I leave work tonight.

Awesome! Is this just a Ford thing?

Naw, obamamobiles are parked also. obamamotors says it has 95,000 vehicles waiting on parts.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Will be plenty this fall after the ELE hits in September.

What's this ELE you speak of?

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
The carmakers are also doing something else stupid, they aren't making basic models any more, everything they're making are the high-dollar rigs. When the local Ford dealer here gets a new F-150, it's always at least a $55,000 vehicle, with all the gadgets and gewgaws they can cram into it. Trying to buy a regular old pickup is impossible around here. I've checked their website several times recently (I was in the market, but changed my mind) and they had ZERO new vehicles, none. All they had were used cars/trucks, mostly stuff folks don't want anyway, and all those were overpriced. (Ft. Knox Ford).
After looking at their line-up. I decided that Ford doesn't make anything I want anyway.
they dont have enough computer chips to put in the trucks they have already made, sitting in parking lots with no chips in them ,or for the ones can make ,so what is their solution? build only trucks with all the options that take more of the chips they dont have ,.Making way less of them , instead of building basic models with less chips .kinda like democrats who say we will lower inflation ,by barrowing more money, and giving it away

Last edited by rem shooter; 08/17/22.

NRA Life Member
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Serious question. Can a “work truck” be found or does one have to order it from the manufacturer? I’m talking either an f-150 Half ton or a GMC/Chev. Just a plane white p/u with 8 cyl, auto trans, heat and air. Thanks

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by hotsoup
Serious question. Can a “work truck” be found or does one have to order it from the manufacturer? I’m talking either an f-150 Half ton or a GMC/Chev. Just a plane white p/u with 8 cyl, auto trans, heat and air. Thanks

Around here, you'd have to order one, there are none on the lots. You cannot find ANY F-150s, for local example, less than $55K on a lot, if they have any pickups at all. They do NOT want to sell a pickup without the "value-added" crap to jack up the prices. The dealers don't want to fool with a stock, basic pickup, unless you're buying for fleet sales. They just don't want to do it.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Local tends to have a couple but they're also never 1/2 ton. Always a chassis cab of some sort.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Ram dealer by me moves a lot of white Ram Tradesman trucks. 4x4 with 5.7 for mid 30's.
I see white Chevys for about the same price.
I just wish they would bring back the extended cab. I don't need a 4 door but the 2 door sucks. Give me a extended cab with a 6 1/2' box.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It's lack of demand. All of the stolen and fraudulently obtained covid payoff money has been spent.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
The Ram dealer by me moves a lot of white Ram Tradesman trucks. 4x4 with 5.7 for mid 30's.
I see white Chevys for about the same price.
I just wish they would bring back the extended cab. I don't need a 4 door but the 2 door sucks. Give me a extended cab with a 6 1/2' box.
Nobody has quit making the extended cab.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Around here, you'd have to order one, there are none on the lots. You cannot find ANY F-150s, for local example, less than $55K on a lot, if they have any pickups at all. They do NOT want to sell a pickup without the "value-added" crap to jack up the prices. The dealers don't want to fool with a stock, basic pickup, unless you're buying for fleet sales. They just don't want to do it.

Yep, who wants to sell a $40k truck? We needed a new truck for work. Coworker crashed one. We asked for Tradesman edition 3/4 ton and we have fleet sales. Still took ten weeks to get one.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They still make the extended cab with a 6.5’ box. They (GM) just call it a ‘double cab’ as opposed to a crew cab, and the doors open outward, just like a mini crew cab. Have to look fairly close to detect a difference.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by K1500
They still make the extended cab with a 6.5’ box. They (GM) just call it a ‘double cab’ as opposed to a crew cab, and the doors open outward, just like a mini crew cab. Have to look fairly close to detect a difference.
Door handles exposed on the shorter doors. Dodge started this on their extended cabs back in '02sh.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 44automag, 450yukon, 21 invisible), 1,448 guests, and 1,027 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,211
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.