Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J
Frogsnacks. I am exhausted today.

Didn't do a hell of a lot...got the cows moved, worked on camper, moved a tractor, did chores...ect.

This fugging eyeball......I have a deal where the lashes on my right eye grow the wrong way into my eye.

They either lay on the eye or they poke right into it.

The wife yanks em out with a tweezer when she is here or we are not so busy. We were busy and she is off doing stuff.

Pitiful day. Wore me out. You guys with chronic pain must be wore out all the time.

Here's a go.

I am MAGA.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Chronic pain sucks worse than living in an Oregon T1-11 shack.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just wait Jimbo.... in 10 yrs everyday will hurt like that , even if you do nothing.
Drinkin helps. smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Could be worse….

You could be tending to your equisit lawn and brambles in Yankee land

And having to stand in the free food line.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Chit dude, that sounds pretty f'ing annoying!

Wouldn't you know I just called it a day as well and may have just cracked an ice cold can of fizzy puzzy water...

And a shot???
(yep)

We were on the road again at 5AM trying to beat the heat and wind at out tinder box hinterland 'hay' field. Helluva lightning show on the way north.

Baled until about 10AM and I was too chicken to start swathing in the 20-25mph breeze. So we drove back home and did a wheat field scouting trip on the way back.

Between the grasshoppers and saw fly it's fairly ugly. Drought is bad enough but the bugs got us even worse this year. It's sickening.

Came home about 2PM and tore the radiators apart on my trusty Ford....

I had blown this out with air last week, took the water spray to it this afternoon.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trichiasis: When Eyelashes Grow Toward the Eye

Treatment

There are many ways to treat trichiasis.

Your doctor may use little forceps to pluck out the pesky lashes. This is the most common way to treat it. They will numb your eyeball with drops and pull the lash out of its follicle. It usually comes out easily and doesn’t hurt.

You may need artificial teardrops for a couple of days. Your lashes will grow back in 3 to 5 months, but there’s still a chance they’ll come in the wrong way.

Children often outgrow trichiasis. If your child has a scratch on their eye, the doctor may prescribe antibiotic drops and may also suggest an artificial tear ointment to protect it.

To clear up wrong-way eyelashes for good, your doctor may suggest surgery.

Options include:

Ablation. This normally takes place in an office or clinic. Your doctor numbs your eye and then uses lasers to remove lashes and hair follicles.

Electrolysis. Your doctor removes the lashes with electricity.

Cryosurgery. The doctor removes the lashes and follicles by freezing them.

Talk to your eye doctor about the best treatment for you

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Trichiasis is a common eyelash problem that causes eyelashes to grow abnormally. Instead of growing outward, a few eyelashes may grow inward toward the eye. Because eyelashes are often very coarse, trichiasis can feel like a needle poking into your eye and that often causes pain and irritation—but it can also cause damage to your eye if not resolved.

Symptoms of Trichiasis
Trichiasis can cause your eyelashes to rub against the conjunctiva and the cornea, causing pain and irritation. The constant irritation to the cornea can sometimes cause a corneal abrasion. Inflammation and vision loss can also occur if the condition becomes chronic or ongoing.

People with trichiasis often complain of the following symptoms:1

Foreign body sensation
Eye redness
Blurry vision
Watery eyes
Eye pain
Many say they feel like something is scratching their eye or they think that there is a piece of sand in their eye.

Contact your eye healthcare provider when you feel eye irritation, as a corneal abrasion or infection can develop.

Causes
Sometimes healthcare providers do not find a reason why the eyelashes grow the wrong way. This is called an idiopathic cause. The eye appears healthy, but the eyelash just tends to grow inward.

However, a very common cause of trichiasis is blepharitis. Blepharitis causes infection and inflammation of the eyelids and eyelid margin. When this occurs, the hair follicles can become misdirected and cause trichiasis.

There are a few other eye conditions that may cause the eyelashes to be misdirected or grow abnormally:2

Entropion: The eyelid loses its normal elasticity and flips or folds inward. This is sometimes due to age or being overweight. It is seen more commonly in adults.
Injury: If the eyelid is torn or injured, the position of the eyelashes may change and grow inward. This can happen as a result of the surgical repair of an injured eyelid.
Distichiasis: An extra row of eyelashes develops and grows inward, rubbing against the eye.3

Treatment Options
The following options may be used to treat trichiasis. Your healthcare provider will decide which treatment option is best for you. If the initial treatment your healthcare provider chooses is not sufficient, they may decide to explore other treatment options on this list.

Epilation: The first line of treatment is to epilate or pluck the misaligned or misdirected lashes with special forceps. Eyelashes will typically grow back in two or three months.
Electrolysis: Electrolysis uses an electric current to damage the hair follicle, preventing re-growth. Recurrence occurs in 40% to 50% of patients.
Surgery: In severe cases, eyelid surgery may be performed to eliminate trichiasis.1
Bandage contact lens: A soft bandage contact lens is applied to the cornea to help it heal and to protect it from eyelashes that have not been epilated yet.3
Frequent visits to your eye healthcare provider are recommended when you have trichiasis. The life cycle of an eyelash is around three months. If you have trichiasis that is recurrent, schedule your healthcare provider visits every two and a half months so that the healthcare provider can check to see if any new eyelashes are growing the wrong way.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Frogsnacks. I am exhausted today.

Didn't do a hell of a lot...got the cows moved, worked on camper, moved a tractor, did chores...ect.

This fugging eyeball......I have a deal where the lashes on my right eye grow the wrong way into my eye.

They either lay on the eye or they poke right into it.

The wife yanks em out with a tweezer when she is here or we are not so busy. We were busy and she is off doing stuff.

Pitiful day. Wore me out. You guys with chronic pain must be wore out all the time.

Here's a go.

I had a bad case of that after I wrecked on a 4 wheeler and messed up my face. I had plastic surgery on my eye socket, but my eyelid healed wrong. I had to go back and get it straightened out with another surgery. It wasn't too bad, and it sure beat living with those things poking me in the eye.

Last edited by reivertom; 08/17/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What are we drinking? grin

Like you I'm tarred.

Half a day with brush cutter on the loader... Brought it home, tightened the hydraulic motor on it, cleaned it off, and detached it.

Greased the big bush hog, and went and cut dove weed and huisache in the back of the ranch. (Drought related growth.)

Pulled back up to HQ and cleaned all of that off.

Fed cows and checked windmill tank levels. Then got on the Mule and drove to the front gate to check the mail and run the dogs.

Mr. Jim, I'd check into electrolysis for those pesky eye lashes. It's probably the same ones regrowing and causing you issues. Electrolysis usually kills the root so they won't regrow.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Spent the morning milling and stacking 24" wide, 2" thick cedar slabs. Considering skipping the drinking and jumping straight into the oxycodone. Fuggin eyelashes sound annoying.

LOL
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J
For me, its caused by a hereditary deal where I have two rows of eyelashes.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Came home about 2PM and tore the radiators apart on my trusty Ford....

I had blown this out with air last week, took the water spray to it this afternoon.

Where's Po Campo with his grasshopper recipe when you need him?

Yeah, Sam, this drought is oppressive. I've had a bellyful of it. frown

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J
Lord....please forgive me for the terrible schit I said to my family today.

I just apologized to the boys in fact!

Still made them go back and keep cleaning on their room though.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was tired after 7 hrs before lunch. Then I took a nap.

You ought to try it.

Heading back out in a minute. Still 92 degrees. I’m ready for Fall.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is it clouding up or are you going to be able to view the Northern Lights tonight?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
No screen on the grill Sam?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
See an Eye Doctor! They are the best because they were good pupils.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Barry, worst part is we caught some lucky thunderstorms in mid-July and got our hopes up but the plague of hoppers chewed that dream all to hell.

Worst grasshoppers I have ever seen. Unreal scene out in the country with windbreaks and road ditches being stripped clean with fields turning now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
No screen on the grill Sam?

Been gonna rig one up since last year!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Is Jag a doctor?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,444 guests, and 725 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.