Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Have looked it in the face a few times , woke up alive and a little disappointed twice .
Another time looked like I was going to be burned alive and remember wondering how bad this is going to be , will I go down solid or scream like a bitch , had never been burnt real bad.
Held strong as the flames grew and was able to remain calm directing people on what to do .
They got me out , was weird never lost control during
or after , weird calm .
Kenneth

I'll man up, being burned alive I'll be screaming like a bitch. One of my fears in dying.

Yeah , just sharing some of the dumb things you think of at a time like that .
I also remember thinking , really ?
Then got levelheaded and focused on task at hand.
Kenneth

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Of course, I'm only human. Stewart Hamblen, said his father told him.

Don't be afraid of the river of death son, Our Lord owns the land on both sides.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I’m more afraid of living than dying with all the crazy scheit going on in this world. There ARE fates worse than death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Years go I woke up in the dentist’s chair, and I had not gone to sleep. I was rather wet and sweaty and the dentist and his assistant were very pale. I asked what happened, and the dentist said “you died, but we got you back”. My heart had quit and my breathing quit. Of course, I didn’t have any dying ‘experience’. I just woke up from being temporarily dead. Dying didn’t hurt, and there was not the slightest sensation of anything. No life flashbacks. No pearly gates. Just nothing, and no sensation of nothing. I guess that’s how permanently and instantly dead is. You won’t know you’re dead. I could say that “you’ll see”, but you won’t.

I was in for wisdom teeth removal. He gave me a shot. I remember that.

His assistant was a really cute girl about my age. I had planned to ask her out, but guess I looked bad being dead.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’m more afraid of living than dying with all the crazy scheit going on in this world. There ARE fates worse than death.
Sad to say, but I have apologize to my daughter to bring her into this crazy world. Glad I did though, best thing to happen to me and she is alot stronger willed than me.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Sad to say, but I have apologize to my daughter to bring her into this crazy world. Glad I did though, best thing to happen to me and she is alot stronger willed than me.
You and I both. If there is a future, it belongs to strong women.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I have no fear of death at all, none, zero, nada.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I was gone fir over 4 minutes during a sleep study once. I didn't get to the peaceful light stage. I floated above myself and started drifting away like I was caught in a current. I saw what the nurse and her aid were doing and told them what it was and they were amazed because I couldn't see their desk from my room.

They showed my everything from the monitors, no breathing for over 4 minutes then my heart stopped and my brain waves. Then it all instantly restarted and I sat straight up in bed and said out loud I just had the craziest dream or something like that. They were calling a code blue on me. I didn't get to the peaceful part and was actually quite scared because I didn't want to leave my young kids. It was like I was drifting away down the hall and up but could grab anything to pull myself back. There's more to it but you'll have to be LDS to understand what I did to get back.

Bb

4 minutes gone while being monitored? that crew must have been union workersgrin

mike r

I asked them why they waited so long to call a code. They said they are used to seeing people with apnea go a few minutes without breathing and even triggering alarms from time to time. When I hit 3 minutes they said they panicked.

One time after a stomach surgery a nurse gave me 50 MG of morphine post op instead of 5mg. She said she was used to giving everyone demoral but I am allergic to that so I was to get morphine 5-10mg but she got the morphine right but went with a demorol dose. My vitals started dropping right away and the alarms went off and they had the crash cart in the room before I even passed out. They gave me narcan and I was back in seconds. I didn't see anything during that short nap but was in a lot of pain for hours after that and had to stay in recovery a few extra hours. The sleep center guys just don't get as excited when people don't breath for a while.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 08/21/22.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
I think a widow maker heart attack would be ideal. Do not want to die in a hospital either

Same thoughts here. I work part time in a hospital ER and spent multiple sandbox tours as a combat medic. I've seen suffering and want nothing to do with it.

Medics bury their mistakes..
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
No

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Raspy: Nope... never have been afraid of that.
Don't wish it to happen anytime soon but don't fear or dread that inevitability.
Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yes

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Terrified of it.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It will over before you know it

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I really don't think about it. My paternal Grandfather dropped dead at 87 of a stroke picking zucchini in his garden.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think most everyone is. I have faith but I love my family and what I have here. I’m in no rush to die.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I just hope I die well.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Won't know till the time comes?.. But I always loved these Lyrics... Cause every hand's a Winner... And every hand's a Loser... And the best that you can hope for is to Die in your Sleep...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Nope, but there are some things that cause it that I would just as soon avoid.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I worry more about leaving before my dear wife and her having to deal with the mess.

Not near any of my relatives, for them to come and get certain items.

Probably should rig up a switch to just torch it all out there in the shop when I go. Tell her to make sure she gets the car and some of her stuff out, or it'll be ashes.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 2,093 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,042
Posts18,482,067
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.