Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Something we have to put up with here in S. Oregon...Illegal Marijuana Grows...

people here from all over the nation and the world, with illegal grows... and making a fortune...

Economy would be on its ass if it wasn't for the marijuana grows... but in the meantime it is destroying local resources, such as water...

People wonder why some of us have a hate for dope and dopers... Here's why:

[video:vimeo]https://kobi5.com/news/local-news/so-oregon-black-market-marijuana-is-big-on-east-coast-194425/[/video]

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After an adult career of being a LEO I generally hate dopers, especially marijuana dopers and it's easy to see what they are doing to America on several levels.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pot is legal in WA state.

I don't know any conservative pot smokers.

One 42 year old ex Google software engineer [read fixed for life] told me to go to a pot store in Bellevue and they would have a particular pot to cure any disease.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Glad my wife and I never decided to move there in the early nineties.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Legal to grow in Va now. Street price dropped 50% the first year. Apparently lots of people growing and giving it away. I haven’t noticed any crazy societal swings due to it yet. I don’t know anyone that didn’t smoke it before but is now because it’s legal now.
The war on drugs the way it’s been fought for the last half century has been a total waste of money and has probably helped create more crime than hinder it.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's illegal here in Idaho. However, we're only 40 miles from the NV border and a drive-thru pot shop. Business is booming. Likewise, Boise is 50 miles from the OR border and Coeur d'alene is 25 miles from WA. A lot of pot comes across the borders.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It's illegal here in Idaho. However, we're only 40 miles from the NV border and a drive-thru pot shop. Business is booming. Likewise, Boise is 50 miles from the OR border and Coeur d'alene is 25 miles from WA. A lot of pot comes across the borders.

I'm sure it never crossed the border before those states legalized...

Regards

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kwg020
After an adult career of being a LEO I generally hate dopers, especially marijuana dopers and it's easy to see what they are doing to America on several levels.
kwg

How do you feel about Alcoholics?? Imo they are worse.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Regards
True, but now they don't have to find a pusher. They can buy it at a store.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Clarkm

One 42 year old ex Google software engineer [read fixed for life] told me to go to a pot store in Bellevue and they would have a particular pot to cure any disease.
I know a lot of conservatives who smoke it.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Seafire, it's hard to say which is worse, Josephine Co old time 4th generation growers or Siskiyou County's Hmong farmers. We had over 6,000 Cambodians move in here in less than 2 years, using cartel cash they bought up every parcel and rural home. 1/8 of the county population is now Hmong. Trying to get some control over this wild west boom town chaos has bankrupted our county's law enforcement and public health. The system is completely overwhelmed. So far, they are just murdering each other and leaving the locals alone, but they flout every law, from poaching to pedophilia. Because of Calif laws, every single legal action requires the Hmong to have an interpreter at county expense, and of course every legal action has blowback from Hmong activists screaming racism, which involves a whole new court case and appeals. It's a trainwreck. The way I see it, only way out is for big corporate agriculture to get involved and grow so much, so cheaply, that it destroys the market.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Clarkm

I know a lot of conservatives who smoke it.

yep, an' sniff blow.
cops too.

Ive known people I prefer to see stoned 'cuz their such a$$holes when their not lit up.

Last edited by AKA_Spook; 08/27/22.

.... like tears in the rain
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Regards
True, but now they don't have to find a pusher. They can buy it at a store.

Hmmm...lol

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
From the article:

"We've been seeing a lot of water theft, a lot of burning of garbage, people living in trailers, disseminating in creeks."

I'd be pissed if they were disseminating in my creeks too.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
From the article:

"We've been seeing a lot of water theft, a lot of burning of garbage, people living in trailers, disseminating in creeks."

I'd be pissed if they were disseminating in my creeks too.

Haha quality journalism right there!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
May have been a voice transcription error but still funny.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would be very leery of any news story by NBC news.
An old high school buddy grew pot illegally in N. Calif and when they legalized it he jumped through the hoops to become a legal grower.
Well the bottom fell out price wise of the market and he has filed bankruptcy and is sitting on over a 100lbs of weed he cannot sell.
Everybody and their brother is growing and giving it away to friends.
That being said illegal pot growers are the scourge of the backcountry in Oregon & Calif.
I am no longer close to my old high school buddy because he is a grower, even though it's on his land and he is conscientious of the environment.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
All the illegal grows around here are in houses. Lots of them in nice neighborhoods.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everybody seemingly in WA grew it or knew closely someone who did. Under cut the pot shops, pot shops drop prices, and now weed is cheap as hell.

Haven’t looked at SC laws, but I’m guessing it’s still illegal here, given that I haven’t passed a 100 weed shops everyday.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
A lot of people grow it in their houses around here too. I have found grows on State land several times.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

250 members (257 mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 21 invisible), 1,729 guests, and 1,025 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,389
Posts18,469,819
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.