Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek
Is it true that no weapons from the fallen 7th Cav members were ever recovered? Or personal effects?
The Indians made off with the guns and ammo and actually used the very effective Springfield .45 caliber rifles and ammo in their unsuccessful attempt to dislodge the Reno- Benteen defenders.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by dakota300rum
Ok it couldn't of happened cause what you read was a concise eye witness account that couldn't by chance omitted details that that would have put a national hero in a worse then favorable light. I look at probabilities and circumstances. History shows that things that happened have never been reported. Because of negative light it would bring to our hero's during wartime. There were atrocities on both sides such is the nature of war. I wasn't there so I can't say what happen but I do not take every thing I read as true. I read it so therefore it is true. If you think it's true good for you but you don't know is my point.

The point is, you continue to spend time listening to rumors and stories of Ulysses. I have studied this battle, been over the battlefield countless times with credible historians, helped produce a documentary on aspects of the battle and then you come along with a fairy tale that you want to believe.

Believe it all you want, it still didn’t happen that way and there is ironclad evidence that no such torture ever happened to Custer.

I am inclined to believe Shrapnel on this one.

P

So am I.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Recently, a SAA traced back to the 7th Cav., recovered on the battlefield was sold at auction. It was pristine and sold for over $500K.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
this is a very interesting presentation and history of the Colt.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek
Is it true that no weapons from the fallen 7th Cav members were ever recovered? Or personal effects?
The Indians made off with the guns and ammo and actually used the very effective Springfield .45 caliber rifles and ammo in their unsuccessful attempt to dislodge the Reno- Benteen defenders.

I have a few items from the battlefield and adjacent property that we have worked on as we have been pursuing just this aspect of the battle. Hundreds of books have been written about the battle, but little is known about this stuff. What we have been seeking is the whereabouts of the lost artifacts that were taken from the bodies on the Battlefield.

There is historical evidence of the existence of this stuff, but very little and hardly any knowledge to it's location. Finding out these tidbits of information isn't easy and you have to be careful of what your sources are. This book that was written by Meketa, Bookwalter and Weibert, is one of those rare resources that helps define where things started and where they ended. I doubt many even know of it's existence let alone how to get a copy.

Another resource is the Book Custer in 1876, which is a collection of the documents that Walter Mason Camp compiled as he interviewed Indian and Cavalry survivors about the battle, years after it was no longer a threat to the Indian's welfare.

I have quite a collection of different books and periodicals to help assist us in our search for the lost artifacts.

I have a lot more, but it takes time to post and time to read what you post, so it is best sometimes to be brief, and answer questions as they arise.

Meanwhile, you keep running into the rumor mill and the loyal followers that keep spewing the same uniformed diatribe that is puzzling, but for some reason those people are as certain that the stories they heard through the grapevine are as valid as exhausting research.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

We have researched and know way more than you.....and then we have researched and know nothing.

I am MAGA.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The government said it so its true the natives had time to collect arms and ammo strip the body's mutilate but they stripped Custer and didn't touch him because he was loved and adored by the Indians. As I stated there is many conflicting stories easy to find just look. Personally I would trust a elf I mean a natives and the numerous sites and testimony. To repeating old history books this was during the dime store novels all the stories about the gunfighters were true too haha. To say these are all rumors and gossip is lazy intellectually. I am not arrogant enough to think I know everything. At least one should have an open mind. And continuing research should be encouraged not dismissed in a very impolite way. We can only surmise what happened . This started as a post from me on this thread and turned into personal attacks. Personally I welcome differing views and conversation that is done in an adult manner. I could put people on the spot and embarrass them I prefer not to do that. Have your opinions don't attack other views.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dakota300rum
The government said it so its true the natives had time to collect arms and ammo strip the body's mutilate but they stripped Custer and didn't touch him because he was loved and adored by the Indians. As I stated there is many conflicting stories easy to find just look. Personally I would trust a elf I mean a natives and the numerous sites and testimony. To repeating old history books this was during the dime store novels all the stories about the gunfighters were true too haha. To say these are all rumors and gossip is lazy intellectually. I am not arrogant enough to think I know everything. At least one should have an open mind. And continuing research should be encouraged not dismissed in a very impolite way. We can only surmise what happened . This started as a post from me on this thread and turned into personal attacks. Personally I welcome differing views and conversation that is done in an adult manner. I could put people on the spot and embarrass them I prefer not to do that. Have your opinions don't attack other views.

You may not be arrogant, but you are stupid.

You can’t write a cognitive sentence or make a decent point. This isn’t an attack on you, just an observation…

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I’ve got to agree with Shrapnel, someone ought to give Dakota a shovel.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ya boys the earth is flat.
Columbus discovered America
The earth is the center of the universe
Right Shapnel you are the difinitive expert
Your no researcher you just repeat what you read in you old books.
Why don't you address the points I have brought up
People agree with you but have they even done any checking. Have you checked out the account of Custer ear drums punctured arrow up the penis. You have not countered anything I have said other calling names. Common sense out the window full steam ahead. Maybe give the accounts and describe how they came from fairies I'm stupid you haven't come up with any intelligent explanations. Address my comments instead of name calling. What a joke bean you know what you can do with that shovel. Both your posts have absolutely no substance.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Historians are still trying to figure out what happened for sure. Why don't you look into them ( other accounts ) and explain your reasons for not believing they are true the discussions are out there. That would be very interesting. Many agree with you others are still struggling to sift through the evidence and come up with a theory to disprove other accounts. I don't know for sure what is accurate. If it was my wheelhouse I would do this and it would make for some very interesting theories. And opinions. My problem isn't what you perceive is correct it is the way you are close minded to any other views. I can assure you nobody has considered me stupid.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Bobbalee

Click on edit.

Click on delete post

If you check it out, chapter 9 in that book deals with Indian accounts of the battle.

pages 92-104…

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Someone's itchin' for a fight.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by shrapnel
You may not be arrogant, but you are stupid.

You can’t write a cognitive sentence or make a decent point. This isn’t an attack on you, just an observation…

One of the best gentlemanly insult I have ever read.

Well done.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Sometimes it just takes a little while to find common ground. Never look for a fight they seem to find me. Can't seem to figure out why.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Morewood
Someone's itchin' for a fight.

Where did all the f ucking Indians come from ?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Yep that was very deep and witty pharm. You remind me of the little guy behind the bully trying to egg someone on.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
That's what I'm trying to find out Craig haha. We could use a little humor.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Shrapnel I'll check that out .

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1Akshooter, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,391 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,919
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.