Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
SEC will dominate as usual.

Bama is the clear favorite to win it all this year.

All the media clowns are pulling for Ohio State.

Georgia and Clemson are big question marks. Both are loaded with talent.

A&M is a conundrum ... so much talent, plus they just signed the highest rated incoming class in CFB history, but Jimbo is finding-out that it takes a lot more than just players to win in the SEC.

Vandy mudholed Hawaii as expected.

Tennessee fans are optimistic and dreaming of the old Phat Phil Phulmer days ... difference now is that everybody pays players.

Kentucky fans are as optimistic as I have ever seen them and probably rightfully-so. What Stoops has done there is remarkable.

My Gamecocks .... since Holtz and Spurrier departed, and after Muschamp almost destroyed-us, we've got our hopes-up for Beamer and time will tell but, for now, we're a women's basketball school. #GoCocks!

Arkansas could have a good season. Mizzou ... meh.

Ole Miss with Kiffin ... who knows. Miss State ... Mullen was a fool for leaving there. They miss him.

Florida ... who knows. Weird air down there. Muschamp and Mullen mucked them-up some.

LSU is trying to recover from all they lost a couple of seasons ago from what, imho, was the greatest college football team in history.

Who am I forgetting from the SEC?

Anyways .... Michigan fans finally got a win over OSU last year and Harbaugh took them to the playoffs. Their hopes are waaaaaaaay up! #GoBlue!

FSU is a has been.

Notre Dame fans .... ND is always overrated as they are again this season. They'll be upset early, within their first five games.

So Cal sucks.

Oklahoma was [bleep]-on by the guy who ran to So Cal.

Texas is expected to finish middle of the pack in a very weak Big 12.

Bama rolls Tide .... nobody is stopping them this season, Saban's second to last season in Tuscaloosa.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Can’t wait to watch Alabama hand the UT Longhorns their ass in Austin on Sept 10th.

They will certainly expose the weaknesses. At least two freshman OL will play, possibly three along with two sophomores. There is a crazy amount of skill talent on offense, but with a freshman QB and an OL not likely ready for prime time by game 2, it could get ugly. Defense was putrid last season. While it should be improved it's anyone's guess how much.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Can’t wait to watch Alabama hand the UT Longhorns their ass in Austin on Sept 10th.

They will certainly expose the weaknesses. At least two freshman OL will play, possibly three along with two sophomores. There is a crazy amount of skill talent on offense, but with a freshman QB and an OL not likely ready for prime time by game 2, it could get ugly. Defense was putrid last season. While it should be improved it's anyone's guess how much.

T-Sips will be in for a rude awakening when they join the SEC next year.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
33-18

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
Even our minister mentioned Nebraska’s loss during his announcements this morning, he’s a Nebraska β€œkid”. I told him not to worry. Football season for the Jayhawks is easy, we’ve been getting shellacked for years, so no real expectations here. And then I had to add, maybe with some heavy alumni money, Tom Osborne will be back soon…

The bright spot for us Jayhawks has always been, once football starts, basketball can’t be far behind!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I hope you're right ... I've heard those whispers but I'm still pretty-sure it's gonna-be 2024.

2024 the B1G will bring-in SoCal and UCLA that same year so it'll be the birth of the Super Conferences in 2024. Plus the Big 12 buyout for the t-sips and Sooners will be a LOT less than if they leave next year.

Plus the ABC/ESPN/SEC Network TV deal in 2024 will be larger than the record deal the B1G just signed with CBS and Fox Sports.

I'm gonna miss the SEC on CBS games .... classic intro music. But just to put it into perspective CBS chose not to get into a bidding war for SEC rights as soon as Texas and Oklahoma were announced asnthe newest members. They couldn't afford it.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Remembering a hell of a game last year. OSU Cowboys down 28 - 7 against N Dame in the first half. Guess who won.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Remembering a hell of a game last year. OSU Cowboys down 28 - 7 against N Dame in the first half. Guess who won.

Q and the Patriots of course!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SCRooster

I hope you're right ... I've heard those whispers but I'm still pretty-sure it's gonna-be 2024.

2024 the B1G will bring-in SoCal and UCLA that same year so it'll be the birth of the Super Conferences in 2024. Plus the Big 12 buyout for the t-sips and Sooners will be a LOT less than if they leave next year.

Plus the ABC/ESPN/SEC Network TV deal in 2024 will be larger than the record deal the B1G just signed with CBS and Fox Sports.

I'm gonna miss the SEC on CBS games .... classic intro music. But just to put it into perspective CBS chose not to get into a bidding war for SEC rights as soon as Texas and Oklahoma were announced asnthe newest members. They couldn't afford it.

Longhorns will have Peyton Manning’s nephew Arch Manning as their QB next year.
All those SEC Teams he didn’t sign with are gonna love getting to tee off on his ass.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

They already had that last year in the second week of September.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looking at Alabama's schedule it looks easy if they can beat A&M at home. That's the only top 10 team they'll face until the SEC Championship.

I wonder how many 400# linemen are on their roster this year. They grow 'em big down south!

God Bless America
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Looking at Alabama's schedule it looks easy if they can beat A&M at home. That's the only top 10 team they'll face until the SEC Championship.

I wonder how many 400# linemen are on their roster this year. They grow 'em big down south!

Arkansas will be top ten and they will have to go to Fayetteville.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

I’m sure Jimbo will want to beat ole Nick even worse than he did last year, after all the schitt Saban talked about the Aggies during the offseason.
And Saban will want some revenge after the Aggies beat them last year.
Hopefully it will be a damn good game.
I’m a Aggie Fan first and always.
I pull for the Tide when they play everyone BUT the Aggies. πŸ‘πŸ»

Arkansas and Auburn are probably the only other teams on their Scedule that may give Alabama a game.

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SCRooster
SEC will dominate as usual.

Bama is the clear favorite to win it all this year.

All the media clowns are pulling for Ohio State.

Georgia and Clemson are big question marks. Both are loaded with talent.

A&M is a conundrum ... so much talent, plus they just signed the highest rated incoming class in CFB history, but Jimbo is finding-out that it takes a lot more than just players to win in the SEC.

Vandy mudholed Hawaii as expected.

Tennessee fans are optimistic and dreaming of the old Phat Phil Phulmer days ... difference now is that everybody pays players.

Kentucky fans are as optimistic as I have ever seen them and probably rightfully-so. What Stoops has done there is remarkable.

My Gamecocks .... since Holtz and Spurrier departed, and after Muschamp almost destroyed-us, we've got our hopes-up for Beamer and time will tell but, for now, we're a women's basketball school. #GoCocks!

Arkansas could have a good season. Mizzou ... meh.

Ole Miss with Kiffin ... who knows. Miss State ... Mullen was a fool for leaving there. They miss him.

Florida ... who knows. Weird air down there. Muschamp and Mullen mucked them-up some.

LSU is trying to recover from all they lost a couple of seasons ago from what, imho, was the greatest college football team in history.

Who am I forgetting from the SEC?

Anyways .... Michigan fans finally got a win over OSU last year and Harbaugh took them to the playoffs. Their hopes are waaaaaaaay up! #GoBlue!

FSU is a has been.

Notre Dame fans .... ND is always overrated as they are again this season. They'll be upset early, within their first five games.

So Cal sucks.

Oklahoma was [bleep]-on by the guy who ran to So Cal.

Texas is expected to finish middle of the pack in a very weak Big 12.

Bama rolls Tide .... nobody is stopping them this season, Saban's second to last season in Tuscaloosa.

ND will get blown out when they play the Suckeyes next Saturday. Although it’s too bad both teams can’t lose in that game. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Longhorns will have Peyton Manning’s nephew Arch Manning as their QB next year. All those SEC Teams he didn’t sign with are gonna love getting to tee off on his ass.

Anything is possible (injuries, etc.), but would think Arch Manning will redshirt while Quinn Ewers starts his second season. The young OL will be more seasoned. It really can't be stressed enough how poorly Tom Herman and previous coaches going all the way back to Mack Brown's final years left the OL cupboard.

I guess time will tell how they adjust to SEC play but the coaching staff is retooling the lines for it with a stellar 2022 OL class signed. Both trench line coaches have SEC experience at Alabama under Saban.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Longhorns will have Peyton Manning’s nephew Arch Manning as their QB next year. All those SEC Teams he didn’t sign with are gonna love getting to tee off on his ass.

Anything is possible (injuries, etc.), but would think Arch Manning will redshirt while Quinn Ewers starts his second season. The young OL will be more seasoned. It really can't be stressed enough how poorly Tom Herman and previous coaches going all the way back to Mack Brown's final years left the OL cupboard.

I guess time will tell how they adjust to SEC play but the coaching staff is retooling the lines for it with a stellar 2022 OL class signed. Both trench line coaches have SEC experience at Alabama under Saban.

If Arch Manning is as good as they claim, Quinn Ewers will be riding the Pine !

And ole Mac Brown was the last real Coach UT had.πŸ€ͺ

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/28/22.

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How would you like having this guy land on you:

370# Freshman

God Bless America
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
How would you like having this guy land on you:

370# Freshman

Damn. That’s a Hoss. 😬

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
If Arch Manning is as good as they claim, Quinn Ewers will be riding the Pine !

Quinn Ewers - 247 Sports Player Profile

Arch Manning - 247 Sports Player Profile

Quinn Ewers had a perfect 1.0000 5 star 247 composite rating playing Texas 6A football. Manning currently has a 0.9999 247 composite rating playing Louisiana 2A football. Barring a season ending injury, Ewers will have a year under his belt in Sark's offense when Manning comes in. So it's not like Manning just walks in annointed. He does have the advantage of Eli and Payton on speed dial for coaching.

We will see this season how Ewers adjusts to college football. He get's a trial by fire game 2 with a very young OL against college football's best.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I think U of Tenn gonna be a sleeper this year.

Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 50 invisible), 1,715 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,099
Posts18,522,287
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.