Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I can't think of anything more dependable than a Leupold topped Wyoming arms AR.
Thread should have shut down after this post.

Dammmmmm.....
Just goggle fu,d the company ...
Someone left a pretty harsh reveiw..😬😬😬🥴🥴🤗🤗🤗😄😄😄

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by renegade50; 08/29/22.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Y’all lemme know when you got this figured out. You know I’m countin’ on ya!

If I'm reading the room right the consensus is a 10/22, but I'll double check.
Nah, that's not a centerfire, I'm afraid.

You dont say

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by High_Noon
I would choose an M1 Garand.

Oh dear God.

After it’s done going *bang* and it goes *ping* it makes a helluva good club.

That’s true!

But in the real world fire superiority is king. The OP is on the right track. High capacity and reliability are two things I wouldn’t compromise on.

I'm on board with that - my post was tongue-in-cheek. smile

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Kel Tec.

I know you're kidding,...and I won't claim that a Kel-Tec rifle is the be all, end all. But I've got a SU-16 with a 1X Vortex muzzle loader scope mounted to it and it's a handy little rifle.

Ergonomically, it's about like a Ruger 10-22 until you snap a 30 round AR magazine into it. That increases the weight a bit. Kel-Tec could have left off the folding stock and the "fore-end into a bipod gadgets" as far as I'm concerned. But they're easy enough to ignore.

It's not a heavy duty battle rifle, but I've played with it enough to know that it wouldn't be a good thing to find yourself on the wrong end of it.

It's got a very interesting gas piston system. If I was running Kel-Tec I would have done more development with the SU-16. It's probably the best product that Kel-Tec has ever produced.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
This is veering off a bit but oh well. Coming out of state lands during firearms deer last year I ran into a guy who had a Benelli R1. He had a Loopy 1.5-5x20 on it for woods hunting, and had nothing but good things to say about the rifle. I always forget those are out there.

My 7400's have been reliable. My 742 was not. Other than MSR's I can't speak to any other autoloaders.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
IC B2

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Nollij
This is veering off a bit but oh well. Coming out of state lands during firearms deer last year I ran into a guy who had a Benelli R1. He had a Loopy 1.5-5x20 on it for woods hunting, and had nothing but good things to say about the rifle. I always forget those are out there.
Hope owners never have to replace a butt pad..

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
That is one ugly rifle....

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Semi autos. Most reliable I have have used.

M1 carbine

Garand tanker-308- vested parts. Break/ gas plug.

Hk usc. 45 acp

Rem 8/81.

Colt 6920. 223.

Longer heavier ones
Garand 308 standard with a "d" mount.
M1a. Older usgi parts.

Last edited by Billc; 08/29/22. Reason: spelling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’d go with simplified functionality. A slingshot!

Runs different projectiles as fast as you can load, draw, and release.

ATF approved, too.

🦫🤦‍♀️

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But, if I wanted to spend a few extra coins. I’d get a AK47 that RenFiveO had put his stamp of approval on.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The Remington 8/81 used to be reasonable in price. Ammo was sourced easy. Not anymore.

AR RIFLES MAY BE CHEAPER. But if its not right, it will double feed. Hell of a thing to happen when a bad guy is shooting.

You guys that bad mouth a mini. That sob will clear. And shoot.

Last guy I shot, it was 1/2 inch from his heart. Still put his but down.

So use what you would depend on. Not market chit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I own probably a dozen bolt rifles, 6 of them are .30-06, 1 M-1 Garand, a Mini 30, a Mini 14, a good AR-15, but when I travel even out west I'm not hunting. So on top of all our supplies in our crew cab GMC rides an AK-47 with a full clip. We carry hand guns also but the AK is totally reliable, holds lots of ammo and is plenty accurate enough at the distances I would need it for defensive purposes. There was only one time I've ever thought I might have to deploy it and that was when some eager photographers were crowding a grizzly in Yellowstone. It was late May and I'm sure he hadn't been out from his winter quarters long. The AK will most likely handle any attempted car/truck jackings, or motel room intrusions, grizzly encounters, etcetera.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m thinking a PCC platform would make a fine dual purpose fun gun and home defender. Throw a red dot and light on it and smack shît with prejudice.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
I own probably a dozen bolt rifles, 6 of them are .30-06, 1 M-1 Garand, a Mini 30, a Mini 14, a good AR-15, but when I travel even out west I'm not hunting. So on top of all our supplies in our crew cab GMC rides an AK-47 with a full clip. We carry hand guns also but the AK is totally reliable, holds lots of ammo and is plenty accurate enough at the distances I would need it for defensive purposes. There was only one time I've ever thought I might have to deploy it and that was when some eager photographers were crowding a grizzly in Yellowstone. It was late May and I'm sure he hadn't been out from his winter quarters long. The AK will most likely handle any attempted car/truck jackings, or motel room intrusions, grizzly encounters, etcetera.

Hastings I do believe it is illegal to shoot tourist in Yellowstone with AK47's ..... even if they deserve it! smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by irfubar
Hastings I do believe it is illegal to shoot tourist in Yellowstone with AK47's ..... even if they deserve it! smile
You know I kind of thought of that angle (the deserving part). Maybe we shouldn't get in the way when someone is trying to earn a Darwin award. I forgot to mention another time I drove off to keep from witnessing a tragedy in Custer State Park SD. A rather drunk "photographer" was walking into a herd of bison cows with baby calves to take pictures.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BAR, pick your favor.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Clip? You sure you aren't toting an M1?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Clip? You sure you aren't toting an M1?
Sorry, I know better than to say clip out in public.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by arkypete
I'd be happy with an AR-10 or a M-14.
Ditto...

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by Nollij
Hope owners never have to replace a butt pad..

What a piece of [bleep], they need to stick to shotguns

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, Akhutr, 300_savage, 15 invisible), 1,502 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,214
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.