Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by JohnnyMac007
Who’s advocating initiating combat against the US Armed Forces?

The armed forces all vowed to uphold the constitution.Shooting at or disarming the citizenry isn't going to fly with them.

Those in charge will just call you a terrorist. That's all they need for a check in the box.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
They’re figuring if they can voluntarily get millions to put a diaper on their face then they can repeat it with guns.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think the mask mandates enlightened a lot of people about the true condition of their freedom. Ergo the record gun sales of items that peasants shouldn't have.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice to see OP will bend over and take it.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
There is a big difference between enacting a new amendment (18th..your reference) and repealing that amendment later (21st). The 2nd Amendment is part of our Bill of Rights. That makes it an integral part of what makes our country unique. These first ten amendments are rights that we the people are guaranteed. At some point there may be severe restrictions as to where we the people can exorcise those rights, but in order for our republic to survive, those rights must remain sacrosanct. If not, we will no long remain a United States.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Gun owners tend to be more in touch with history than non-gun owners.

I don't find that to be the case.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sactoller
I am not going to the gallows without a fight, are you?

Communication is better, faster today then back then. (Even with the crap on social media)

I wouldn't "go to the gallows" without a fight, but that isn't what the post I replied to suggested.

Originally Posted by sactoller
Communication is better, faster today then back then. (Even with the crap on social media)

Faceberg is not going to allow you to organize an effective resistance using their service. If you mean cell phones, nor will those carriers. What comms do you think will be useful?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Once the tide of public opinion has turned among the majority of American voters. It might take less than a year to repeal the 2'nd Amendment.

If they repealed the 1st Amendment, would you stop talking? Same thing IMO - repealing the 2nd wouldn't nullify it, it would enhance it.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
[quote=alwaysoutdoors]So you are all Patriotic now after advocating for lock downs and jab mandates ? GTFOH[quote]

You are usually not worth the bother of a reply. But I will make an exception this one time.

You have not a clue, again, of that which you speaK.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are lots of ways to communicate, they can't shut it all down. Hell, we could go to CB, GMRS, Shortwave, flucking smoke signals I don't care, I ain't giving up a flucking thing!

What we will need to do is go after those that oppose, in power. And yes, the gallows will be fine for them!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by ro1459
There is a big difference between enacting a new amendment (18th..your reference) and repealing that amendment later (21st). The 2nd Amendment is part of our Bill of Rights. That makes it an integral part of what makes our country unique. These first ten amendments are rights that we the people are guaranteed. At some point there may be severe restrictions as to where we the people can exorcise those rights, but in order for our republic to survive, those rights must remain sacrosanct. If not, we will no long remain a United States.

There is no part of the Constitution immune to amendment and/or repeal. All it takes is approval by 38 states.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by JohnnyMac007
Who’s advocating initiating combat against the US Armed Forces?

The armed forces all vowed to uphold the constitution.Shooting at or disarming the citizenry isn't going to fly with them.

Those in charge will just call you a terrorist. That's all they need for a check in the box.
Exactly........local, state, and federal police agencies, as well.
remember when Clinton strapped guns and badges on all those USFS and BLM employees. If rumors are true, it sounds like they are set to do the same to IRS employees.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not one of the traitors has been hanged or put in prison. They are still in DC destroying America and lining their pockets with gold.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
There is a place and time for the citizens to take up arms against their government.

The Jews had every moral right to fight for their lives in Europe when the Nazis were slaughtering them by the millions.

Every citizen of an occupied nation was right to combat the new German government.

But only a lunatic would advocate initiating combat against US Armed Forces simply because his views are becoming unpopular among the population at large.

A repeal of the 2'nd will not happen this year or next. My personal prediction is, the 2'nd Amendment might have another fifty years left in it.

But as more lunatics squawk about armed insurrection, the 2'nd amendment becomes less and less popular.

The 18'th Amendment was presented by Congress on 12-18-1917. It was ratified and became law less than 13 months later on 1-16-1919.

The 21'st Amendment, to repeal the 18'th, was presented 2-20-1933. And ratified less than ten months later on 12-5-1933.

Once the tide of public opinion has turned among the majority of American voters. It might take less than a year to repeal the 2'nd Amendment.
The Second Amendment is more than a mere amendment to the Constitution. It's foundational to the legitimacy of the government the Constitution brought into existence, absent which (therefore) said government ceases to be legitimate. You see, the reason it's not a mere amendment is that it's actually one of the ten planks of the Bill of Rights, absent which the Constitution would not have been ratified in the first place, i.e., it was ratified on the condition that a Bill of Rights would be attached, which stipulation all parties agreed to, one of which plank was required to have been a statement regarding the right of the people to keep and bear arms being inviolate. The amendment process was merely the method by which they chose to attach the Bill of Rights to the Constitution.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The second amendment is a direct result of the last time the govt tried to take guns away from Americans.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Tag

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The Second Amendment is more than a mere amendment to the Constitution. It's foundational to the legitimacy of the government the Constitution brought into existence, absent which (therefore) said government ceases to be legitimate. You see, the reason it's not a mere amendment is that it's actually one of the ten planks of the Bill of Rights, absent which the Constitution would not have been ratified in the first place, i.e., it was ratified on the condition that a Bill of Rights would be attached, which stipulation all parties agreed to, one of which plank was required to have been a statement regarding the right of the people to keep and bear arms being inviolate. The amendment process was merely the method by which they chose to attach the Bill of Rights to the Constitution.

So, is it your contention that the "Bill of Rights" is immune somehow from being amended?

Care to expound on the legal theory behind that?

Because actually, even the content of Article 1 has been amended.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

So, is it your contention that the "Bill of Rights" is immune somehow from being amended?

Care to expound on the legal theory behind that?
Fully explained above. Read it again.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Why would they bother repealing the second amendment? Biden went to Pennsylvania and openly called for an assault weapons ban a day or two ago. A crowd of retarded suburban moms howled for joy when he did so.

They won't repeal the 2A. They will just interpret it to allow whatever restrictions they want. And the soccer moms and other morons will back them up.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (2500HD, 160user, 01Foreman400, 300s, 2UP, 12 invisible), 1,622 guests, and 972 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,624
Posts18,474,085
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.