Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I was notified today that the private sale of a gun can no longer be sent through UPS to an FFL. You now need to go through USPS or an FFL dealer to another dealer. Has anyone else heard about this change?

Last edited by andrews1958; 08/30/22.
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Boycot the sob's.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
I went down to UPS earlier this year to ship some rifle scopes, magazines, barrels, and other related rifle parts. They refused to ship anything gun related.

I switched to FedEx. Cheaper, Faster, Easier, and the girls are prettier.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Yep. Bought a gun off GB and the guy emailed me this morning to let me know his UPS said no.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
No great loss. Fucque them with a bat. Fugging crooks, thieves, and liars.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by andrews1958
I was notified today that the private sale of a gun can no longer be sent through UPS to an FFL. You now need to go through USPS or an FFL dealer to another dealer. Has anyone else heard about this change?
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/17559517/important-ups-update-today

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by FSJeeper
I went down to UPS earlier this year to ship some rifle scopes, magazines, barrels, and other related rifle parts. They refused to ship anything gun related.

I switched to FedEx. Cheaper, Faster, Easier, and the girls are prettier.

Ot oh Buckwheat.

Steps for how to ship firearms
Shippers with a Federal Firearm License

Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any firearms with FedEx. Also, you must be an approved firearm shipper with a signed contract on file with FedEx. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive.

Nonlicensee shippers

Nonlicensees are prohibited from shipping firearms with FedEx.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/how-to-ship-firearms.html

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
UPS just sent me their new "Shipper Agreement". You now need an FFL to ship unserialized gun parts too.

I pointed out to them, that ATF will not issue an FFL to someone that only deals in parts.

Tony

Run it up, until you blow it up, then back it down a bit.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Boycot the sob's.

Yeah right, that'll fix them sumbitches !

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Wow - here it is on there site .. at least they updated it.

NO FFL = no UPS shipping and you have to have filled out there paperwork to register as a FFL.

Huh…

https://www.ups.com/us/en/support/s...ted-items/prohibited-items/firearms.page

Last edited by Spotshooter; 08/30/22.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well damn guys y’all should have forseen the shippers falling in line, saluting, then follow Bidet’s wish to have every transaction involving guns or parts to be through an FFL where they can snoop even deeper. Bidet couldn’t get it done on his own so corporate America did it for him.
Saw this coming under OBummer when he tried it with the banking system.

Swifty
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
When they ask me what's in teh box I always just say "Machined parts". I ain't lying.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have just told them metal samples and insured for value. Never another question.

GreggH

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ok guys here’s what’s going to happen.
Any FFL gunsmith or dealer that regularly ships or receives firearms are going to fill out the agreement and be registered.
UPS and FedEx are then going to flag that name, address so on and so on.
Any package that is destined to or from unless to or from another registered entity will be flagged for inspection.
Searched and confiscated after you leave or maybe they will be nice and just make you open it.

Swifty
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by andrews1958

UPS has gone to hell since I retired in 2011

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I received gun parts this week from a non-FFL through UPS. I don’t know how enforcement will go. Moving forward if somebody else is an option, I won’t use UPS for anything.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
This thread doesn’t seem to be getting much attention, but I think not being able to ship through the two major carriers is a really big deal that is going to have major ramifications. Could be wrong, but I can’t see most FFLs wanting to spend much energy helping non FFLs with their shipping issues.

1) What if a firearm needs to be sent to factory with warranty issues. Will their prepaid shipping
labels enable us to use fed ex or ups?

2) Isn’t Gun-Broker going to take a huge drop off in listings if firearms can’t be easily shipped?

3) LGSs should do very well with this new set up. We’ll be forced to sell or trade-in firearms
at their stores rather than being able to access a national market. The new market will be
very localized.

Am I correct with these musings? What am I missing?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by M721
This thread doesn’t seem to be getting much attention, but I think not being able to ship through the two major carriers is a really big deal that is going to have major ramifications. Could be wrong, but I can’t see most FFLs wanting to spend much energy helping non FFLs with their shipping issues.

1) What if a firearm needs to be sent to factory with warranty issues. Will their prepaid shipping
labels enable us to use fed ex or ups?

2) Isn’t Gun-Broker going to take a huge drop off in listings if firearms can’t be easily shipped?

3) LGSs should do very well with this new set up. We’ll be forced to sell or trade-in firearms
at their stores rather than being able to access a national market. The new market will be
very localized.

Am I correct with these musings? What am I missing?

Sounds about right.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by drop_point
I received gun parts this week from a non-FFL through UPS. I don’t know how enforcement will go. Moving forward if somebody else is an option, I won’t use UPS for anything.

I'm not going to use UPS at all either. FUGG them.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow, good thing I’m not buying or selling any more guns. 🙄

Question is, how long before they refuse to ship ammunition to private individuals? That would be inconvenient, but not insurmountable.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (1234, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 21, 66 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,414
Posts18,470,481
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.