Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Im guessing hubby or BF or Mr Denied hired spooky to grab her.

There may be something to do w money/ extortion seperate from the above.

Or it may have been just a regular grab of somebody on the street.

But if I was to bet, itd be something in my first statement.

Last edited by hookeye; 09/04/22.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
It's interesting how race didn't come up at all in the recent thread where dad had to kill a white kid who was trying to break into his house, but it is a focal point on this thread. Statistically speaking, cross-race abductions are rare.

Apples/oranges

You're equating incidences of home invasion with abductions.

It's like calling an excise tax a poll tax.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by hookeye
Im guessing hubby or BF or Mr Denied hired spooky to grab her.

There may be something to do w money/ extortion seperate from the above.

Or it may have been just a regular grab of somebody on the street.

But if I was to bet, itd be something in my first statement.

It’s always the Black Jogger ..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shootem
It's interesting how race didn't come up at all in the recent thread where dad had to kill a white kid who was trying to break into his house, but it is a focal point on this thread. Statistically speaking, cross-race abductions are rare.

Black on white violent crime statistically exceeds greatly white on black. Look it up.

Read what I wrote again and ask yourself how what I posted is not addressed by your comment.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by shootem

Black on white violent crime statistically exceeds greatly white on black. Look it up.

Read what I wrote again and ask yourself how what I posted is not addressed by your comment.

I asked. He said to read this. He also said violent black on white is more statistically prevalent than white on black. He said look it up. He’s pretty smart on these things.

and the dad was correct in his righteous violence.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B2

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Why would my race matter to you? Yours doesn’t to me. Racists can be any color. In fact, lots of otherwise good folks are somewhat racist.

Last edited by WMR; 09/04/22.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Hey, WMR- - - - - -GFY!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Avoid the groid.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Hey, WMR- - - - - -GFY!

My post was responding to an apparently deleted post asking if I was black. Sadly , it appears that you and I will not be exchanging Christmas cards this year. More’s the pity.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WMR
Why would my race matter to you? Yours doesn’t to me. Racists can be any color. In fact, lots of otherwise good folks are somewhat racist.
Everyone is to one degree or another.
Those that say they aren't are lying to you or themselves or both

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Used to be called racial profiling.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
https://wreg.com/news/eliza-fletcher/eliza-fletcher-new-details-revealed/

UPDATE: Memphis Police have confiscated the dumpster outside Abston’s brother’s apartment complex.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WREG) — WREG has obtained a copy of the affidavit in Eliza Fletcher’s abduction. Police records indicate the abduction was violent and caught on camera.

Fletcher is the granddaughter of the late Joseph “Joe” Orgill III, a Memphis hardware businessman, philanthropist, founder of a multi-billion dollar company, the Associated Press reports.

Police said a man was riding his bike down Central Avenue at 6:45 a.m. when he found Fletcher’s cell phone and a pair of Champion brand slides. The items were later turned over to Memphis Police for testing and analysis.

Police said surveillance footage showed a man violently and quickly approach Fletcher before forcing her into the passenger side of a GMC Terrain with passenger-side tail light damage.

According to police records, the vehicle sat in the parking lot for 4 minutes before driving away. Records also state the GMC Terrain in question was seen 24 minutes before the abduction in surveillance footage.

The TBI performed a DNA tests on the slides and found that they belonged to Cleotha Abston after his information matched that in the CODIS (Combined DNA Index System) database.

Investigators managed to recover the surveillance footage showing Abston wearing the same slides days prior to the abduction. In addition, investigators were able to find Abston’s cell phone number and were able to determine his phone was in the vicinity of the abduction, approximately the same time it happened.

When authorities arrived at Abston’s last known address, they found the GMC Terrain in question, with passenger-side tail light damage backed into a parking space.

When Abston saw authorities, he was standing in a doorway and immediately tried to run, but he was eventually captured by the US Marshals.

Investigators also interviewed a woman who said after the abduction, Abston was behaving in an odd manner. The witness advised investigators Abston was in a strange mood and vigourously cleaning the interior of his car with carpet cleaner as well as washing his clothes in the house’s sink.

After his arrest, Abston refused to provide Fletcher’s location.

According to police records, “As the abduction was violent with, as captured on video, the suspect waiting for, then rushing toward the victim, then forcing the victim into the vehicle, where she was confined and removed and continues to be missing, it is believed and supported by the facts and physical evidence that she suffered serious injury. Further, it is probable and apparent from witness statements that these injuries left evidence, e.g. blood, in the vehicle that the Defendant cleaned.”

Court documents show that Abston is due to appear on Tuesday, September 6.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why does the news alerts keep noting she’s some rich dead dudes grand daughter?

Why does that matter?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bigdave39355: Well she is a "billionairess"!
If that affects your thinking on this matter - it does for me!
I assume this was/is a kidnapping for money - more likely than a kidnapping for pussy?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Arrested coon just finished a long sentence for…..Abston was also convicted of aggravated kidnapping just over 22 years ago, according to court records. He was sentenced to 24 years in that case, and his sentence ended in November 2020.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Why does the news alerts keep noting she’s some rich dead dudes grand daughter?

Why does that matter?

Because often that's the motive for a kidnapping if they're the scion of a rich family, to extort money from the family. It's looking now like that isn't the case here though, the guy in custody looks to be just your standard issue Memphis thug who just got out of prison for another kidnapping 20 years ago.

I work in Memphis but don't live there. I've been in Memphis for training the last couple of months and have a corporate apartment rented about a half mile from where this lady lived. It's in a nice apartment building but since I've been there we have had two nights where thugs went through the parking lot knocking the windows out of cars, fortunately mine hasn't been one of those hit. There are a lot of nice homes near me, it's the old money section of Memphis but it's still Memphis and you've always got a ghetto within a couple of blocks no matter where you are. It's incredible the amount of thuggery there, you can't let your guard down for a second. The whole city has video surveillance cameras with flashing blue lights on them going all night long, it looks like you're in a scene from Terminator or something. I'm sure these cameras are how they got the footage of this guy kidnapping her.

The city is just a festering schithole, America would be better off if the whole place was bulldozed to the ground.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
The city is just a festering schithole, America would be better off if the whole place was bulldozed to the ground.
Truth ! I’ve driven through Memphis many times but only stopped once ! First time through I had planned my trip to get fuel in Memphis. I was running out so had to stop. I swore I would never stop there again ! I plan my fuel stops to avoid Memphis.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Interstates and bypasses are to make sure you don’t have to get into any major city. All of or parts of are all Schitt holes. Edk

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
nypost.com

Missing Memphis teacher Eliza Fletcher was forced into a black SUV in a “violent” manner — and a pair of sandals left at the scene helped cops locate her alleged abductor, according to police documents obtained by The Post Sunday.

Fletcher, 34, was abducted on her regular 4 a.m. jog Friday after stalked by Cleotha Abston, who’d waited for her to run past him, the police affidavit alleged. She had run from her home in the fancy Central Gardens neighborhood to a nice area near the University of Memphis campus.

Court records show Abston, 38, is a previously convicted kidnapper: he pleaded guilty to especially aggravated kidnapping and robbery in 2001. He was sentenced to 24 years and 11 years in prison respectively, although it is unclear how long he remained incarcerated and if he served his sentences concurrently.

Tennessee authorities obtained surveillance footage of the kidnapping, which allegedly showed Abston running “aggressively toward the victim, and then force the victim Eliza Fletcher into the passenger’s side of the vehicle,” the documents said.

“During the abduction, there appeared to be a struggle,” according to the affidavit, which cited “noticeable damage to the back-passenger taillight area” of the GMC Terrain.

Police said after Fletcher — who is still missing — was forced into the black SUV, “the vehicle then sat in the parking lot with the victim inside for approximately four minutes before it drove off.”

It is unclear what happened during that time.

“As the abduction was violent with, as captured on video, the suspect waiting for, then rushing towards the victim, then forcing the victim into the car, where she was confined and removed and continues to be missing, it is believed and supported by the facts and physical evidence that she suffered serious injury,” the affidavit said.

“Further, it is probable and apparent from witness statements that these injuries left evidence of blood in the car the defendant cleaned,” it continued.

According to the document, at 6:45 a.m., good Samaritan Miles Fortas was riding his bike when he found Fletcher’s cell phone and a pair of Champion slide sandals in the area where the mom of two was kidnapped. Fortas, unaware of what had occurred, gave the items to the Fletcher family, who then turned them over to authorities.

“DNA found on the shoes matched DNA for Cleotha Abston” that was already in a police database, according to the affidavit.

Authorities said they found footage of Abston wearing Champion slides the day before the alleged kidnapping. They also said his cell phone pinged near the site of the Friday kidnapping.

The car apparently belongs to a local cleaning service that employed Abston.

Officers arrested him after finding him standing in the doorway of his home.

A witness said she saw Abston “cleaning the interior of the GMC Terrain with floor cleaner” just before 8 a.m. Friday morning and reported to police that “he was behaving oddly.” He was also spotted washing his clothes in a sink.

Police have yet to find Fletcher, and are continuing to ask for the public’s help in locating her. Abston would not tell authorities where she is.

Abston previously pleaded guilty to kidnapping local attorney Kemper Durand around 2 am on May 25, 2000, walking up behind him with a gun and forcing him to get into the trunk of a car, local paper The Memphis Flyer reported at the time. Abston was a minor when he kidnapped Durand and brought him to a ATM to withdraw money.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
This happened 1/2 mile from my house.
My best friends daughter runs frequently with this woman.
There’s a rumor the husband is addicted to drugs, and may have been having an affair with the nanny
A third person rumor is that they’ve found the woman’s body. Hopefully the full story will come out Sunday or Monday

What did the husband do for work?

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,373 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,348
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.