Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Back in the 80s, I knew more than one person that kept a CB radio antenna in their truck for bike riders that were blocking traffic.

Were they pussies? I have yet to have anyone that [bleep] with me come back when I invited them. Seems they are bigger badasses in their trucks.
Paul everybody back then carried guns in their trucks also. different times.

And stepping out of the truck to beat some ass was a common occurrence. Carried a shotgun and baseball bat in the rear window of my first truck.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have yet to have anyone that [bleep] with me come back when I invited them.

Maybe you should try a breath freshening toothpaste, and get the genital warts burned off.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Back in the 80s, I knew more than one person that kept a CB radio antenna in their truck for bike riders that were blocking traffic.

Were they pussies? I have yet to have anyone that [bleep] with me come back when I invited them. Seems they are bigger badasses in their trucks.

And stepping out of the truck to beat some ass was a common occurrence. Carried a shotgun and baseball bat in the rear window of my first truck.

There are quite a few folks (men and women) that I know that always carry when they ride. Getting out of a motor vehicle to confront a cyclist won't likely play out in the favor of the motorist in a court of law.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I got a couple neighborhoods I could recommend.

You’ll wanna cinch that helmet down extra tight, Mr. Bad Ass.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Maybe you should try a breath freshening toothpaste, and get the genital warts burned off.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Wouldn't matter, the guy would still be scared sh*tless, thinking to himself "that's bad-ass bicyclist back there, no telling what he's capable of. Plus, I bet he's got a big hairy posse."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I well understand that a lot of drivers don't have the emotional IQ to deal with bicyclists.

They prob’ly do have the emotional IQ to deal with that sorta attitude tho, cups of urine being one option

Can you quantify the danger that bicyclists present to motorists with some data?

Easy:

Surly Troll; 32lbs
Ford F-150; 4,021 - 5,740lbs
Insurance deductible for grillwork on truck; Varies w/policy

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Can you quantify the danger that bicyclists present to motorists with some data?

Easy:

Surly Troll; 32lbs

Oh, I see?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FatCity67

There are quite a few folks (men and women) that I know that always carry when they ride. Getting out of a motor vehicle to confront a cyclist won't likely play out in the favor of the motorist in a court of law.

I was speaking generally, calm down frisky britches.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
A club cut jersey hides a weapon very well. When I was in college, two guys got out of a pickup truck in stop-and-go traffic just north of Phoenix. They each grabbed a ballbat out of the bed and went after a cyclist who, for whatever reason, brought them some unhappiness. I don't know what happened to the cyclist but the dudes in the pickup have been dead for 42 years now. And come next year, they'll still be dead.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Easy:

Surly Troll; 32lbs

Oh, I see?

Here ya go, 1,000 cyclists dead, another 130,000 injured each year.

...and if ya don’t think having to come up with the deductible to patch up the truck after hitting one of them idiot cyclists qualifies as “danger” then ya plainly ain’t been in enough car wrecks.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Easy:

Surly Troll; 32lbs

Oh, I see?

...and if ya don’t think having to come up with the deductible to patch up the truck after hitting one of them idiot cyclists qualifies as “danger” then ya plainly ain’t been in enough car wrecks.

Oh, so the danger that cyclists pose isn't to motorists, it's the danger cyclists present to their paint jobs?

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B

Easy:

Surly Troll; 32lbs

Oh, I see?

Man, that’s a lot of dead cyclist an injured cyclist. More people are killed on bicycles then I killed with A.R. 15’s. Sorry Paul but we should outlaw all bicycles.it’s for your own good, safety first :-) I honestly didn’t realize it was that high, that’s crazy. Watch your ass out there.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'm not one to pick a fight.
But I would like my chances against a cyclist.
Unless it was a kicking contest. Then I may have my work cut out for me

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RUM7
I'm not one to pick a fight.
But I would like my chances against a cyclist.
Unless it was a kicking contest. Then I may have my work cut out for me

Don't judge all cyclists by those that are professional racers. Some of the guys I see out on the path (purposefully removed from posing a hazard to paint) are pretty damn stacked.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh, so the danger that cyclists pose isn't to motorists, it's the danger cyclists present to their paint jobs?

Your supposition seems to be that striking a cyclist is not a traumatic event for a motorist.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Your supposition seems to be that striking a cyclist is not a traumatic event for a motorist.

Or is my supposition that these words that you used: "at worst a dangerous road hazard" don't equal these words "a traumatic event for a motorist"

Do you see how your language has drifted as I have tried to drill down?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Is it the old soft shoe, or the Lido Shuffle?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Or is my supposition that these words that you used: "at worst a dangerous road hazard" don't equal these words "a traumatic event for a motorist"

Do you see how your language has drifted as I have tried to drill down?

A situation where someone is liable to receive crippling injuries or dies is not a dangerous road hazard?

If the incident becomes a life changing event emotionally and/or financially for the operator of the vehicle does not that represent danger to the driver?

Are drivers NEVER placed in danger of a collision when avoiding cyclists in the roadway? If so, why do so many feel they are?

Why then is it unreasonable for drivers to resent cyclists? Crap, even in a minor collision just having to deal with the hassle of being made late for work and having to make an insurance claim because some retard was in the road on a bicycle is legitimate grounds for resentment.

Perhaps “emotional immaturity” on your part plays a role here, ‘cause you’re gonna go back to the drivers are wrong to feel that way because you don’t think they should feel that way, your only argument 🙄

Like I said, the sort of smug patronizing attitude among cyclists that pisses off drivers so much.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
Is it the old soft shoe, or the Lido Shuffle?

Why is it you don’t ride in traffic again?

Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (10gaugeman, 16penny, 163bc, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,129 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,821
Posts18,496,525
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.