Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Coming up on 30 days now, which crushes my old record for the year of 2 days LOL.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Low carb, no food til lunch and no food past 8pm since late June. Close to keto, but I probably eat too much protein.

No beer, just seltzers or hard liquor(not the sweet stuff).

Mostly snack on peanuts and macadamia nuts.

I’ve lost 27 pounds and 4 inches off my waist size.

I haven’t been exercising, that is the next step.

Have had 3 or 4 cheat meals, but I eat about 1/4 of what I used too during those meals.

I used to have 4-5 migraines a week. I’ve had 2 or 3 since I’ve changed my diet.

Not nearly as hungry as I used to be.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jklund38
Low carb, no food til lunch and no food past 8pm since late June. Close to keto, but I probably eat too much protein.

Have had 3 or 4 cheat meals, but I eat about 1/4 of what I used too during those meals.

I used to have 4-5 migraines a week. I’ve had 2 or 3 since I’ve changed my diet.

I can't do cheat meals because I'll just cheat more.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Low carb diet works. That isn't keto. Gluconeogenesis is a thing and results from meat and veggies. That means you aren't in ketosis.

Prick your finger and test blood ketones. You'll start to learn about your own metabolism quickly.
Gluconeogenesis happens to a greater or lessor extent all the time depending on how your blood sugar cycles. I have eaten like that and been in keto just fine with testing strips. When I do keto I eat clean meat and mixed veggies, no sugar, no starch. When I say clean meat, I mean game meat or grass fed etc, not grain fed stuff. A lot has been said about nutrients here. If you eat meat that's healthy and eats nutrient rich food, and you also eat green leafy and mixed veggies, you get plenty of nutrients. If you eat cured bacon, cheese, and empty calorie grain fed meat, you're eating unhealthy food, and therefore will be unhealthy.

Everyone is different. My wife can get into high level ketosis by skipping a few meals. I can't. In fact, if I eat more than 6 oz. of meat in a setting, gluconeogenesis will kick me out. So will a whole avocado.

I am never in ketosis on the carnivore diet.

I stopped all of it. I am just doing low carb and only eating one meal a day. I'll eat some starchy veggie carbs if I do a big cardio day, otherwise, not much.

I'm close to fighting weight (goal 180, I'm 187 now). Good place to be going into hunting season.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by jklund38

I can't do cheat meals because I'll just cheat more.

My last cheat meal made me feel pretty sick for a day. Think I am done with them for awhile.

IC B2

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

310 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 33 invisible), 1,790 guests, and 1,055 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,471
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.