Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by renegade50
Research about the simple sugars and nutrients from fruits your brain needs.
Eat them while on a keto diet no matter what others via urban legend say.
Lots of studies on this related to keto and brain sugars and other nutrients it needs .
Forcing your body into ketosis via diet is really not a natrual thing.
In Ketosis the body will seek the nutrients it needs, some of these are stored in the brain, others in fat thruout the body and in organs.
Once those internal reserves are being tapped and being exhausted is when brain issues start.

Seen people go bonkers while on keto because their brain is starving for simple natrual sugars to run right

Not talking outta my azz on this, the research concerning keto and the brain basically starving for fuel is out their.

People dont like to be told this.

This isn't true.

The brain is very efficient at burning ketones.

It takes some a second to convert over to using it efficiently as a fuel, thus the fog and irritability, but most report a heightened sense of mental clarity and focus once in full ketosis (> 2 mmol). Such effects are easily observed in multi-day fasts.

It is very natural that our brain has evolved with a starvation mode, our ancestors spent most of their lives in starvation ketosis.

Also, the keto diet gained medicinal fame in patients with epilepsy, because it diminished seizure activity. The navy has used it extensively for deep divers, who are prone to seizures post rapid rise.
I have read both sides of the alternating state of it and the long term permanent state of it.

The long term effects of the keto diet beyond the initial phase of the body being flushed of nutrients are damaging.
Levels and balances need to be maintained at levels above and below a center line.
Going below or above levels to the extremes is not good.
Keto dieting is damaging long term.
It becomes almost cult like with the person having to be in ketosis because it has become their new norm with their behavioral changes and the shift into what the body is forced to accept for fuel not what the body needs for fuel.
It is akin to we used to run on 87 gasoline now we have to accept flex fuel

Yes our ancestors long ago lived on the border line of ketosis.
But they didnt drive themselves fully into it in a damaging state long term purposefully. Because they became hunter gathers with a varied diet to offset a permanent state of long term ketosis.
Evolution basically of the bodies systems.
Basing the Keto analogy of the modern human system to that of humans of 10s of thousands of years ago is a justification used which is not applicable.
It's nice to use as a dismissive alibi but that is about it.

And what you describe basically is a bouncing state back and forth of ketosis, not permanent long term ketosis like some people plunge themselves into.
The fasting state and temporary use of it for a purpose is beneficial in many ways, but while doing this people return to the norm they did prior.
These types never stay in permanent ketosis long term for 6 months to years on end.

Off course everyone can read research on both sides different and see what they want to see themselves for what they are looking for.

Me..
Damaging effect of it.

Others
Positive effects of it.

I've never heard anything negative about Keto but would like to learn more. Do you have any links or info you could share? A list of the good fruits would be much appreciated too. FWIW, I've been listening to the "Whole 30" on Audible and that's been very helpful and more in alignment with what you're proposing than a straight Keto diet.
Google fu it .
The world is at your finger tips
👍👍👍