Originally Posted by slumlord
Never heard anything negative about keto

JFC

Dr Mercola must live in the spare bedroom

Vitamin and mineral deficiencies
Increase of ‘bad’ cholesterol
bone density depletion

Be prepared to take a couple handfuls of suppliments a day to counter the losses

The things you listed are problematic with the standard American diet.

It is easy to find “research” to validate one’s beliefs (including me) no matter what it is.

I take some supplements, but it is far better than medicine for reflux, high blood pressure, and diabetes. I am pretty certain my daily intake of vitamins and minerals is far more balanced the most people’s.

My bad cholesterol is up, but so is my good cholesterol. Ratio is much better. Triglycerides are great. Now there are studies saying cholesterol is not the contributing factor for heart disease that the studies funded by the drug companies led us to believe. Big pharma wouldn’t lie to us would they?

Other studies show eating red meat loaded with protein and fat along with real salt not the crap Morton sells is good for bone strength.

I am happy with Keto/Fasting/Carnivore. It has worked for me. It is not something you can cheat on, it needs to be a lifestyle change. There is nothing I miss from my old way of eating.