Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
Dayom. Good thing he wasn't on a bicycle..

and wearing spandex

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I live in an area that's very unlikely to have problems. But good, dependable 12 gauge pump guns can be had for just a little pocket money. It's hard to believe that every house in the country doesn't have one propped up by the bed.

mine has 3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kwg020
P.S. I almost joined the Coast Guard in 1977. In retrospect I wish I'd of followed through and made a career with them. They have some really cool stuff and I missed a great chance to get to play with some of it.

kwg

I think I would have enjoyed working on the great lakes as a younger man with them.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good your buddy stood up for himself and is ok

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Should have taken Joe's advice, "use a shotgun"

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Sounds like a real s.h.i.t. show.

Luckily your friend and his family didn't get hurt or killed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Should have taken Joe's advice, "use a shotgun"

a Benelli clone

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Paul while you were a Ci in the Coast guard did they teach you you could use deadly force, chase the threat in a vehicle after the threat was gone and shoot at moving vehicles as a civilian in the dark especially when you could barely qualify? How did he pass your academy he didn't like law enforcement work?

glad he is safe. hopefully a wake up call for him and his family. Im shocked that predators would leave a high crime urban area to go out and target naive unarmed people who have money and live in big houses in nice areas. That never happened before lol

Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I have a bud that I served with in the Coast Guard at 2 different stations. He is not a gun nut, never enjoyed law enforcement, hated going to the range and always struggled to qualify with the handgun. When he retired, he built a house in a rural subdivision out in the county in Mississippi. The lots are all 2+ acres. It's a quiet, peaceful neighborhood, that historically hasn't had crime. It's a one way in, one way out subdivision.

This past weekend, his wife shakes him awake at 5 in the morning. Their camera system has detected someone in his garage. He left his pistol in his car in the garage. He can't get to it. He confronts them anyway. They shoot and scatter. He gets his gun out of his car and yells at them. They shoot again. He can be heard on his security system firing back and yelling "I have one too [bleep]."

The robbers get in their car and haul ass...in the opposite direction of the neighborhood entrance. There are 4 of them in the car. He gets in his car, stops it across the road and stands behind it. When they come back and realize that his car is blocking them, they start lobbing shots. He returns fire. They veer off of the road, cut across the lawn and slam into an oak tree. The car is rendered inoperable. They get out and run. Deputies show up. They hear one of the robbers in a wooded area moaning. He had been injured in the crash. They nab him. He rats out the others.

They had traveled about 200 miles from Vicksburg MS to get their thuggery on. I still have some buds on the force in Harrison County. I am going to see if I can get more details.

Last edited by ribka; 09/07/22.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
The Coast Guard does inspections on Lakes?
Yes. Michigan alone has twenty Coast Guard stations on the Great Lakes plus a couple of Air Stations.

I was in Bayfield, Wisconsin 1991 or so... the USCG ran self-righting boats on Superior...

Those are some very cool vessels.

I was working the islands... Superior can get nasty.

Knew some Coasties back then... they are lightweights when comes to pounding down the PBR.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Yes. Michigan alone has twenty Coast Guard stations on the Great Lakes plus a couple of Air Stations.

I was in Bayfield, Wisconsin 1991 or so... the USCG ran self-righting boats on Superior...

Those are some very cool vessels.

I was working the islands... Superior can get nasty.

Knew some Coasties back then... they are lightweights when comes to pounding down the PBR.
😁👌

We had a couple of Coasties that shot with us at our pistol matches. Not the brightest puddle pirates. They were stationed at the Saginaw River Station. Next door to their place was a chunk of land (IIRC 40 acres) that was owned by DOW Chemical, had a population of Whitetails with a couple of good sized bucks included. The land was surrounded by a high fence except for the river side. Anyways the two rocket surgeons snuck onto the land at night and shot one of the bigger bucks. That didn't go over well with the command, I heard their new duty assignment sucked bigly. Also had a Coastie shoot at our F-Class matches. He was a flight mechanic based out of Air Station Detroit. Being a flight mechanic myself on ECs during my AF days I enjoyed being squaded with him, we talked aviation schidt during pit duty.

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by steveredd1
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I live in an area that's very unlikely to have problems. But good, dependable 12 gauge pump guns can be had for just a little pocket money. It's hard to believe that every house in the country doesn't have one propped up by the bed.

mine has 3

Well, I have 5, actually. An H&R Partner Protector, A Stevens 520, and three Stevens 520As. The H&R stays loaded. The rest are project guns that I've pieced together. I wouldn't hesitate to grab up this old 1940s 520A if the situation called for it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

The US CG has authority over all inland and coastal waterways. I used to work on a lake in Arkansas and they had authority there ... in the middle of the country.

FWIW.

L.W.

Only the inland bodies of water that have been determined to be "navigable."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Remsen
I would have enjoyed this story more had there been a ball gag and samurai sword involved.

Yep, needs some more medieval ass getting on, to spice it up.

Last edited by Scott_Thornley; 09/07/22.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Remsen
I would have enjoyed this story more had there been a ball gag and samurai sword involved.

Maybe some hard, pipe hitting....uhh....people?

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Sounds like a real s.h.i.t. show.

Luckily your friend and his family didn't get hurt or killed.

No kidding.

A miracle.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Bobmar
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
F the coast guard. I'm dealing with safety inspections on my documented boats next week. The dumb sob got the drop on them and he's the one who's lucky to still be alive.

You seem like a stand up guy. When the Inspector shows up on the dock, share your thoughts with him. No doubt you’ll establish some repoire and create a atmosphere of mutual respect. Good luck with your inspection.

Come on now. Can't we all agree that there is no need to have any established standards for vehicles, vessels and aircraft carrying passengers for hire?
Haven't run a charter or head boat since the early 1990's, been a 100% commercial fishing operation. Now that everything is integrated by computers the CG has privy information on licenses, documentation and federal permits. I feel the CG just want to be relevant, I have no problems with them, I just want to be left alone. I knew a queer C Guardsman that retired and moved to MS. His name was Tim Torens? He was a dumb sob and couldn't catch his azz with both hands. Had a boat called the Sea Quest.
Sure would of been nice if there was 3 or 4 dead POS that taxpayers wouldn't have to put up with anymore.

My last job with the Coast Guard was as a civilian Commercial Fishing Vessel Examiner. I enjoyed it amd tried to help the fishers as much as I could.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by SCRooster
Left his handgun in his vehicle and went to bed .... had to run out there and get it?

Why are Coast Guarders so ghey?

He's lucky the thugs don't know how to shoot.

Most thugs don't know how to shoot. Paul's buddy has some balls. Probably a good thing his shots didn't make contact either. Even though he was defending himself and his property, he may have been hauled off to jail and lost all his guns. Wondering how all this is going to turn out? Glad to hear his buddy didn't get shot. Could have gone wrong real fast..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It takes a special thought process to store your only firearm in a location that a prospective burglar could access it before you could.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Coast Guard use to bring their C-130's to my base to get out of the way of Hurricane's. Don't know much about the Coast Guard but they sure kept those planes looking sharp! Put our abused in the desert birds to shame. Helicopters too. Looks like they waxed them.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JeffA
It takes a special thought process to store your only firearm in a location that a prospective burglar could access it before you could.

I agree. Pretty damn stupid. Hopefully he learned a good lesson!!!!! It's actually very negligent. If a kid would have gotten in there and got his pistol and used it on a sibling or friend or if a bad guy would have gotten it in his possession and used it in a murder, Paul's buddy would be in a whole world of hurt..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,379 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,395
Posts18,488,841
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.